• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Reame XANDAO has completed his move to Brighton and Hove Albion from Sporting CP for £5' date='400,000[/quote']

A solid 24 yr old CB who is 87 rating and paid CV :) He replaces my former 88 RB who was 29 yrs old and dropping who I sold for over 9 million :)

Im making my squad worse in terms of ratings but this is for a bigger squad and a better future for Brighton. Im glad I stayed with them to be honest we have come such a long way since I started :P

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since i have been a part of an active forum league so decided to take the only job that was available the other day which was Burton Albion

Burton_Albion_FC.png

The side is currently struggling and the age of the squad is quite old so that is something i am looking to address and quickly before to many drops in ratings, then i hope to have the team i want to play a bit more expansive football.

Some of the deals i have done since joining and are set to go through include;

Out;

Salter Bruno - 32 - 4.6 million

Vyacheslav Sharpar - 25 - 1.9 million

Walter Erviti - 32 - 6 million

Now for the players im expecting to arrive before saturdays game;

The offer for Andrea MANTOVANI of US Palermo from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mame DIOUF of Hannover 96 from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jorge VALDIVIA of Palmeiras from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Miguel CUSTODIO of Real Madrid from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Tomáš SIVOK of Besiktas JK from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jiménez ROBERTO of Real Zaragoza from Burton Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Hopefully with these signings and a few more to come i can turn around Burton's fortunes and start pushing up the league for higher things :)

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Newcastle United.

Everton beat Newcastle United 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Kaká scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gourcuff and Džeko were also amongst the goalscorers.

Always to beat one of the 'bigger teams' in the division with a fairly comfortable victory. Got a couple of my players chasing that golden boot award aswell which is nice to see.

Still just about clinging to the top of the tree like a desperate monkey trying to stop somebody stealing its bananas from the branches (terrible metaphore i know) :P but its good since ive gone top in the early season i havent been overhauled.

Got a nice euro game comming up although il have no say in it due to the assistant taking over, but the money boost will help as these poor attendances have slowly taken a chunk out of our budget..

Nether the less things are still ticking over well on Merseyside :)

How do you know Andik Vermansyah on first place??? Just interested because he's regarded as current best Indonesian player' date='even though he's just 21 years old,but it's surprising me you bought him[/quote']

Not sure how I knew, but I was aware he was regarded as the best talent in Indonesia and that he might move to Europe. Did he have a trial at Benfica or something?

Shame to see two long lasting managers leave. Done awesome jobs at York and Shrewsbury and hopefully we can get replacements asap :)

echo this, David Jones was brilliant at York, dont think he is on the forum no rhas he replied to any message i sent him but had epic battle last season of Div 5.

he was a very good manager, im sure not getting promoted in 3 campaigns and still sticking with it til halfway thro a 4th took some willpower...

echo this' date=' David Jones was brilliant at York, dont think he is on the forum no rhas he replied to any message i sent him but had epic battle last season of Div 5.

he was a very good manager, im sure not getting promoted in 3 campaigns and still sticking with it til halfway thro a 4th took some willpower...[/quote']

He is on the forum.I think his user name is Mr Jones.He has 2 posts.

I think they are in 7046.

First post here since about 8 pages ago, Man City drew 0-0 at Sheffield United on Wednesday which was our third consecutive draw. (Drew against Shorpe and Fulham before that)

We host Liverpool tonight, a game I think we have a good chance of winning, we are weaker at the back now though because last Saturday night Vincent Kompany got injured, he was ruled out for 5 weeks cause of a Ankle Ligament injury, hopefully the players who play in that position while hes out do a good job. (Shawcross, Huth, Smalling and Radu) - We are up against Messi tonight!

Big game in the Europa League on Tuesday, we host Bordeaux in the first leg of the last 16, English sides Blackpool, Everton, West Ham, Man United, Liverpool and Stoke are six of the teams who feature.

Also, Ive took all of my loan listed players off the loan list, Daggers pointed out clubs cant put the loan bids in for some players despite em being on the loan list cause that new thing whats come in place.

Anybody whos in my 'youth squad' though are actually available for loan, just depends who you will beable to loan and who you wont, it kinda stuffs it up for the smaller clubs though not being able to loan anybody whos rated 80+. (If that is definitely the rule)

Best loan I can probably offer is Andreas Weimann then, he should rise to 84+ in the next changes. (Thats if the loanable players are up to 80..)

Trying to not let this cheese me off to the max.

Tonight Arsenal visited Craven Cottage and did well with 51% poss and loads of shots including 11 on target to Fulhams 4. One of Fulhams defenders' date=' Etheridge got a rating of 3 - without even getting a booking !

My higher rated side had 9 players with a match rating equal or higher than Fulhams.

The result - I lost 4-1.

Absolute joke.[/quote']

Not to rub it in Ed, but I was on holiday too... and the assistant manager played NMF players, and others all out of position :confused:

It would have actually been better for me to not activate holiday mode.

Never the less, Fulham remain rock bottom.... hoping for a turn around tonight.

Champions 4eva steered Stevenage to victory against Bury.

Stevenage beat Bury 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Jutkiewicz scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Blake and Bennett were also amongst the goalscorers.

Extraordinary match, 3 Bury Players were sent off and 7 goals in total.

3 Points well earnt, and well needed. As Hartlepool and Dagenham and Redbridge all drew, Stevenge slowly start to recover the points to get out of the relegation zone.

Whats the point in countering a formation when the **** engine screws you over every time :rolleyes:

Im not gonna put the effort anymore to check other managers tactics in each setup and find a way to counter it. This games just not worth the time anymore.

Blackpool lose in case people didnt realise...

Ill see you lot later fed up with this nonsense now.

a 6-1 loss.

They only have 6 shots' date=' score 6.

Bye for now, will think about whether I'm staying or not, load of cobblers.[/quote']:D

I think that's why David Jones, the York manager, quit. If you check out the stats of his last game in charge against Kidderminster his York team carved out a rather impressive 31 chances, thats more than 1 shot every 3 minutes!!! Out of all that effort they scored only once. Despite all that Kidderminster found enough possession of their own to produce 5 shots at goal. Out of which 100% hit the back of the net. No disrespect to the Kidderminster boss but that's hardly believable although I guess you could argue that the Kidderminster forwards would have probably maintained 100% fitness throughout the match seeing the ball would have been mostly at the other end :rolleyes::D

On a serious note Swindon won at last after the chairman insisted we adopt the 3-5-2. Now he believes he is a tactical genius and even called a press conference to make sure the local paper report mentioned his divine intervention. He even tried to join the lads on their lap of honour but had to stop after 20 yards as he was out of breath. Unfortunately this was right near the Orient fans who pelted him with food. Poor old boy came back looking like a Cornish pasty,, gotta feel sorry for the old Tw@t

The match ended 2 - 2 between Stockport County and Reading in their Division 3 fixture.

Pretty happy with another point and Bobby Zamoras form, unfortunatly he got sent off tonight and will miss the next game..

Basically in no mans land at the mo, with 10 pts up to the playoffs and 9 points down to the relegation zone..

i dont wish to make this sound like a personal attack on chris & marc but i feel as though the match engine does get blamed too much on the forum in general.

southampton / walsall - 442 beats 4231 a lot of the time , they also had 59% possession.

you pushed your lb forward whilst playing an attacking game and their right sided cf and rm scored 3 and had 2 assists between them, exploiting the empty space given to them.

i understand it is a flaw when a team scores with all of their shots on target but if it had been 3-1 you still would of had the same points and you couldnt of complained about losing to a similar rated team.

chelsea / blackpool , i have found it very rare that a 91 rated team will be able to attack and win away against a 94 team and a 2-1 away defeat isnt a bad result, their 55% possession is another possible reason why they edged it.

if you compare sm to real life then perhaps you will only get the result you deserve 7 or 8 times out of 10, so if you take away the two or three of the worst games you feel the match engine has produced and look at the other seven or eight, i think you can find reasons as to why the result went the way it did.

i do hope we dont lose any decent long standing manager especially because of a bad result or two.

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Gillingham.

Everton outclassed Gillingham and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kaká scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vucinic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Weey! Could of been a potential banana skin this one so nice to get the win. Entering the final third of the season now its just a case of keeping my coushin of points ahead of the chasing pack which in all honestly should be do-able barring an horrific run of form :P

Kaka is definatley proving his worth to the team this season with another MOM performance bagging 2 more free kicks. Need to just keep on keeping on and finding our way back to the big league.

i dont wish to make this sound like a personal attack on chris & marc but i feel as though the match engine does get blamed too much on the forum in general.

southampton / walsall - 442 beats 4231 a lot of the time ' date=' they also had 59% possession.

you pushed your lb forward whilst playing an attacking game and their right sided cf and rm scored 3 and had 2 assists between them, exploiting the empty space given to them.

i understand it is a flaw when a team scores with all of their shots on target but if it had been 3-1 you still would of had the same points and you couldnt of complained about losing to a similar rated team.

chelsea / blackpool , i have found it very rare that a 91 rated team will be able to attack and win away against a 94 team and a 2-1 away defeat isnt a bad result, their 55% possession is another possible reason why they edged it.

if you compare sm to real life then perhaps you will only get the result you deserve 7 or 8 times out of 10, so if you take away the two or three of the worst games you feel the match engine has produced and look at the other seven or eight, i think you can find reasons as to why the result went the way it did.

i do hope we dont lose any decent long standing manager especially because of a bad result or two.[/quote']

it works the other way around also. you can win undeservedly as well as lose.