English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

i do hope we dont lose any decent long standing manager especially because of a bad result or two.

Just not only that it is the fact that I went on a spree of 21/21, now 6/18. How does that work out?

Most of them against the top 10, and then these last 6 games bar once or twice against the bottom 8. I lost to 22nd and 23rd on consecutive weekends, thats what began to rattle my cage. I can comfortably beat 9th, but struggle against them? When they basically both play 3-5-2?

I've decided I'm giving it till the end of the season, completely changed my approach to the game now.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

Man City beat Liverpool 3-1 last night.

Benzema got two and Gerrard scored against his former club, Benzema had a goal ruled out for offside after his first goal so he could of had an three, Hazard got their goal.

Sunderland and Villa drew against eachother, Arsenal drew against Sheffield United so it was a good night for us.

We are now top by 6 points, 11 games to go yet though, we play at Wolves next.

i dont wish to make this sound like a personal attack on chris & marc but i feel as though the match engine does get blamed too much on the forum in general.

southampton / walsall - 442 beats 4231 a lot of the time ' date=' they also had 59% possession.

you pushed your lb forward whilst playing an attacking game and their right sided cf and rm scored 3 and had 2 assists between them, exploiting the empty space given to them.

i understand it is a flaw when a team scores with all of their shots on target but if it had been 3-1 you still would of had the same points and you couldnt of complained about losing to a similar rated team.

chelsea / blackpool , i have found it very rare that a 91 rated team will be able to attack and win away against a 94 team and a 2-1 away defeat isnt a bad result, their 55% possession is another possible reason why they edged it.

if you compare sm to real life then perhaps you will only get the result you deserve 7 or 8 times out of 10, so if you take away the two or three of the worst games you feel the match engine has produced and look at the other seven or eight, i think you can find reasons as to why the result went the way it did.

i do hope we dont lose any decent long standing manager especially because of a bad result or two.[/quote']

The engines awful, not just because of one loss (I dont expect to beat Chelsea, but did counter and have more shots, but no biggie). So many times in this setup and other setups you dominate and lose. In other instances I rotate for fitness and when you get beat by a team with 20% fitness, thats the sort of thing that puts me off this game. That happend twice last night in other setups and once last week with fitness.

Lets just end it at that. Hopefully with less teams I get into the game again.

It seems Carlos Tevez has left Blackpool to take the manager role at Brisol City :(:P

The engines awful' date=' not just because of one loss (I dont expect to beat Chelsea, but did counter and have more shots, but no biggie). So many times in this setup and other setups you dominate and lose. In other instances I rotate for fitness and when you get beat by a team with 20% fitness, thats the sort of thing that puts me off this game. That happend twice last night in other setups and once last week with fitness.

It seems Carlos Tevez has left Blackpool to take the manager role at Brisol City :(:P[/quote']

it seems to work in fit and starts, i mean look at my FGR, i stormed div 5 last season, and everyone lumped on us to do well this season but we had a horrendous run when we won like 5 in 18... but everyone else above us has dropped points with these 'dodgy' results, so we are still just 8 points behind!

the best way to judge its working will be your final position, thats why i will never (well in 99% cases) quit a GW before the end of a campaign...

the engine can seem like its screwing you but it might put you on a massive win streak and the clubs around you drop points...so by the end of the campaign you end up where you should ultimately be based on your squad..

The match engine is certainly acting strange lately but it's not worth quitting the game over as the engine must be the same for all of us. You just have to figure out how to work it in your favour.

I can only speak for Div 4 because I don't really follow the other divisions much but from what I have learned there is not much value in changing your tactics to counter opponents with this latest match engine. Before everyone disagrees please allow me to present some facts..

Brentford manager for example, Alex O'Donnell, has not logged in for 27 days presumably due to the poor run of form his team experienced in 4 straight defeats. However, since then they have picked up remarkable form and are on an unbeaten run that has put them in the play off positions for the first time this season. Not bad for a team that has an absent manager huh?

Not just that. The top 4 teams in the division at the moment are managed by managers that employ the same tactics and formation game in game out. So it seems to me that the current engine certainly does not favour managers who alter their tactics to counter their opponent.

I think right now the engine is favoring managers who select teams and tactics that suit their own style of play rather than those that try and counter the opposition. I believe SM gave us a clue in this when they stated that unmanaged teams will now select a formation that suits their players rather than the usual random ones.

It's not necessarily a bad thing though. SM would be very boring if it became too predictable.

I, like Daggers, have not had the season I expected but I believe all I have to do is find the right formation and tactics (like the top 4 clearly have) and then I hope to have better fortune.

That's my opinion anyway and I too would hate to see good managers quit out of frustration. It probably won't be long before SM changes the engine again in any case :D

The engines awful, not just because of one loss (I dont expect to beat Chelsea, but did counter and have more shots, but no biggie). So many times in this setup and other setups you dominate and lose. In other instances I rotate for fitness and when you get beat by a team with 20% fitness, thats the sort of thing that puts me off this game. That happend twice last night in other setups and once last week with fitness.

the fitness issue does seem to be the worse part of the game, i cant imagine it would be hard to make a player unavailable if their fitness was below 65%??

and if there wasnt enough players to make up the squad then a random 70 put in place.

also dropping the quit time from 30 days down to 20 would help as well.

as an experiment to test the match engine, i strongly urge you to play 11 70 rated players in a 3-3-4 attacking formation in your shield final.

if you win, i will concede that the match engine is completely random and if you lose, then we all can be satisfied there is some intelligence in it, a worthy trial i think.

Cambridge Utd 2 - 1 Rushden & Diamonds

4th defeat in a row for Rushden, but against a good side like Cambridge only losing by 1 was a good result! Once again the keeper Balauru kept the score down.

TBs don't clear till 26th December, then will have to clear out the most valued to bring in more depth. Hoping Olivier Occean gets a +2 before that as he seems to be on the bench for Eintract Frankfurt these days.

Ed Moses has guided Arsenal to a English Championship Cup Final win against Altrincham!!

Arsenal deserved to beat Altrincham 4 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

Cani scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sneijder and Cole were also amongst the goalscorers.

Boom - a trophy for the cabinet!

Ed Moses has guided Arsenal to a English Championship Cup Final win against Altrincham!!

Arsenal deserved to beat Altrincham 4 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

Cani scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sneijder and Cole were also amongst the goalscorers.

Boom - a trophy for the cabinet!

boo you should of let altrincham win.....

congrats!

also, seems racky has joined 7777, yet another top addition!

HEREFORD had a fine win on wednesday, 5-1 at burnley and as soon as the first team come back in we lose 3-0 to forest.

well done on the cup win Ed, great effort by Altrincham to get to the final and to come so close as well, 2-2 with 20 minutes to go.

TICKETING DETAILS FOR SHIELD FINAL MONDAY 17TH DECEMBER @ WEMBLEY.

Tickets are now on sale to the general public.

the cheapest tickets are sold out but the remaing 14,000 out of our allocation of 32,000 are priced as follows

55,85 & 125 pounds.

those that contacted myself, you have your tickets booked and in my possession.

for those that contacted Maud, you dont have tickets and if you made any kind of payment, you have lost that as well.

coaches leave at 5am for the p!$$heads and at 10am for anyone else, 20 quid.

there is still space on the executive coach that leaves at 7am, the price is 500 quid, it includes breakfast and a pint in the load of bull before departure, a pasty at a motorway service station and then a 3 course meal at some dingy pub near wembley, with Bertie being the main speaker.

his spech is about ' how to fleece the naive and stupid' and as mentioned earlier, it's 500 quid.

boo you should of let altrincham win.....

congrats!

also' date=' seems racky has joined 7777, yet another top addition![/quote']

Your right of course, but i don't do charideee ;)

Congratulations Ed on your cup win. Bad luck to Altrincham but what a terrific cup run for them!

To be far' date=' its a hell of an effort for a Div 5 team. When you consider wom eof the weighty squads available to some of the teams in 7777, its all credit to Altrincham in my eyes.

HEREFORD had a fine win on wednesday, 5-1 at burnley and as soon as the first team come back in we lose 3-0 to forest.

well done on the cup win Ed, great effort by Altrincham to get to the final and to come so close as well, 2-2 with 20 minutes to go.

Agree, excellent effort.

Thanks for the congrats guys, I know I'm at a big club here and so trophies arent as big a stretch as they are for most managers in here but I will still party like its 1987 B)

Fabián MONZÓN has completed his move to Brighton and Hove Albion from Lorient for £3' date='330,000 plus Sebastián SOSA and Aden FLINT

Mario GASPAR has completed his move to Brighton and Hove Albion from Southampton for £5,820,000[/quote']

Thats my fullback depth completed :D Gaspar is terrible but hes young and will make me money and provide depth so I can now officially venture out of 3-5-2 ( If i can be bothered )

Got an SMFA shield match tonight against Malaga.. should be winning that, but with the assistant manager in charge you can never be too sure nowadays :P be nice to bag a bit of extra cash monies anywhoos..

Anybody fancy Ceullar on loan for the rest of the season? Solid 87er if the chairman will allow it.. worth a go :)

TICKETING DETAILS FOR SHIELD FINAL MONDAY 17TH DECEMBER @ WEMBLEY.

Tickets are now on sale to the general public.

the cheapest tickets are sold out but the remaing 14' date='000 out of our allocation of 32,000 are priced as follows

55,85 & 125 pounds.

those that contacted myself, you have your tickets booked and in my possession.

for those that contacted Maud, you dont have tickets and if you made any kind of payment, you have lost that as well.

coaches leave at 5am for the p!$$heads and at 10am for anyone else, 20 quid.

there is still space on the executive coach that leaves at 7am, the price is 500 quid, it includes breakfast and a pint in the load of bull before departure, a pasty at a motorway service station and then a 3 course meal at some dingy pub near wembley, with Bertie being the main speaker.

his spech is about ' how to fleece the naive and stupid' and as mentioned earlier, it's 500 quid.[/quote']

we only have 600 tickets left when the ticket office opens in the morning, we do expect another 8,000 tomorrow lunchtime as Bertie is leaving in a minute to pick them up himself, expect forgeries if he is allowed to do so.

Lost 5-0 from A.Villa' date='well done mate,SM why you hate me:(

[center']A.Villa----------B'burn

Possesion:

53%-------------47%

Total Shots:

15---------------18

Shots On Target:

5------------------9[/center]

Don't think must lose with 5 goals but...

next-Millwall

unlucky mate. 5 goals on the counter ;)

Milito also missed a penalty :o