O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

1-1 vs Preston.

I make that 10 times we've been denied a goal via the offside this season. A lot of crucial points dropped that way... really winds me up but I'm trying to look at the positives and that's that I'm still in the hunt for 4th. :)

Good game Ben lad. Unlucky with Gabby :( Big blow for my England as well :o:P

Brentford win 2-1 away at leaders Bradford City with the courtsey of a Dyer brace.

Now we go up to 7th:D, but it is so tight in divison 4 that i am just 3points away from 2nd place and their is just 7 points difference in the 1st and the nineth spot!

This is more exciting than Barclay's Premiere League:).

HEREFORD beat Plymouth 3-0 at home.

not sure if i deserved the win, certainly not the scoreline, unlucky David.

looking forward to the run in, monday night games start and i love them, let's see who hasnt learnt that you cant play your best XI for the last eleven games when it's 3 matches a week..

1-1 vs Preston.

I make that 10 times we've been denied a goal via the offside this season. A lot of crucial points dropped that way... really winds me up but I'm trying to look at the positives and that's that I'm still in the hunt for 4th. :)

Good game Ben lad. Unlucky with Gabby :( Big blow for my England as well :o:P

Good game mate :)

Y U INJURE GABBY????!!! :mad::mad::P

No, no worries mate, he'll be back soon enough.

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Leicester City.

Everton beat Leicester City 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kaká had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Vucinic was on the scoresheet for his side.

One step closer to the div 2 title.. Boro and Forest losing helps aid my cause aswell :) next stop the 100point barrier!

A disgraceful performance from Bolton sees us get whacked by Carlisle United who are lower in the table than us 4-1. On a bright note:

Fede Vico has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from PAOK for 2,610,000

Really talented young player and I'm very pleased to bring him in without competition for CV.

I also completed an internal deal:

Jefferson Farfan has completed his move to Hull City from Bolton Wanderers in a swap deal for Roberto Firmino and Ignacio Camacho

Wanted to get rid of Farfan and I'm happy I got two good young players for him, both who I rate highly. Still plenty more people up for sale so feel free to contact me if interested ;)

RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS 2 YORK CITY 4

First game in charge and a good proformance away at Nene Park. Two goals in the first half from Markus Rosenburg and two goals in the second from Djibril Cisse saw us take all three points.

Up next we welcome Lincoln City to Bootham Cresent where we will be looking for another three points in our push for automatic promotion.

An expected result against a good side. Did manage to claw it back to 2-3 at one stage. Roll on 27th Dec when I can start selling to clear debt and do some trades!

New Faces Start To Arrive At York.

73201_378983048858285_1800185602_n.jpg

WALLACE Oliveira, a young Brazilian prospect that has just signed for Chelsea.

24n1344234856.jpg

LANZINI, Manuel, a young talent from Argentina, set to have a huge future. Delighted to get him for 5.5 million cash.

93500_med_thibaut_vion.jpg

VION, Thibaut, again another young lad, this time from France, currently playing for Porto, looks set to have a good future. Well worth a punt at 370k.

Gael-Etock.jpg

ETOCK, Gaël former Barca youth currently playing for Sporting, again a player that is looking like he has a bright future ahead of him. Surely a snip at 390k.

Another few youngsters have also arrived and im sure there will be more to come.

The changes at AFC Bournemouth have begun! No earth shattering changes, I've just been trying to add depth to our pitifully weak squad. I had to sell Gentner and Cerci to be able to do this. They are both 88, and all of their replacements are lower rated and generally older, so it's less than ideal, but these two had to be sacrificed so I could have an additional five players in the squad (otherwise I had a bench with a highest rating of 80, and that was a loanee!). I also sold the 85 rated Bulot, which I really would rather not have done, but cash was essential to move my squad from threadbare.

The arrivals are (or will be when accepted deals are completed):

Pablo Orbaiz

35014.jpg

I'm really not a fan of buying old players, but with my limited resources I have to stretch them as best I can. Orbaiz comes in since, even at 33, he is still a key part of a Rubin side that is doing ok domestically and well in Europe. Won't ever get above 87, but should be safe there for the time being, and at around 50% of the price I got for the 88 rated Gentner he is a decent replacement which allowed me more resources for an additional player.

Javi Lopez

20091001dasdasftb_50.jpg

Like Orbaiz, not going to rise above 87, but should be safe there for the time being as a regular for Espanyol and has the advantage of only being 26. Another good saving too so a valuable buy.

Djamel Abdoun

Djamel-Abdoun.jpeg

I don't expect him to rise or do anything incredible. But, he is a 26 year old with a solid 86 rating at one of the strongest clubs in Greece with decent flexibility in his position.

Dimitrios Siovas

Dimitrios-Siovas-100303-Challenges-AI-300.jpg

At least one of my purchases has a little potential for the future. Currently at 84 and should get a +1/+2 eventually for being a regular at Olympiakos and having appeared for Greece.

Andrade Danilo

20120321_21_53_DaniloAndrade_reut.jpg

Once again, another oldie. However, he was still a key part of Corinthians Copa Libertadores and Club World Cup winning side so should remain a safe 86 and adds another relatively flexible option for the midfield.

David Ducourtioux

DavidDucourtioux_2236656.jpg

The oldest of the oldies at 34! However, he is still playing a key role for a Valenciennes side sitting 6th in Ligue 1 and therefore is another safe 86. Also offers incredible versatility for the squad, being a D(RL),DM(RC),M®!

Denis Streker

setwidth245strekerdenis.jpg

With all the short term buys taking up all my resource, I wanted to at least try and fine one riser that was still available! I found this 21 year old lad from Hoffenhiem. Currently, he's far from setting the world alight, but with 232 minutes in the Bundesliga he should deserve a small rise of +2/+3 anyway. Nothing special, but nice to have at least one younger player with potential.

John McGinn

St-Mirren-U20-v-Dunfermline-U20-240x300.jpg

St Mirren midfielder, currently only rated 65, since he hadn't played when the Scottish changes were done. However, since 24th November he has been a regular starter for 5 games running. Of course, being in the SPL will make any rise he eventually gets minimal, but again it's nice to at least have a little potential with all the oldies.

Thank you also to the mangers of Burnley, Man Utd and Wolves for loaning me Paul Pogba, Matthew Briggs and Facundo Ferreya respectviely:). I also exchanged a load of 70s in my squad for a collection of 64s just to take a little of the wage bill.

Overall, I'm pleased with these transfers, for two 88 rated players and an 85 I've added two 87s, three 86s and an 84 to the squad to add some much needed depth. Of course, their ages and/or lack of any long term potential for changes means they are far from ideal, but I had to make te best of a bad situation here. Do I think we'll manage to survive in Division Two now? In all honesty, probably not, I've never had a very good grasp of tactics on SM and against all of the superior teams in Division Two, I just don't think we'll be strong enough, but I'll give it a good go anyway.

York 2 Lincoln 1

Had to play a complete 2nd string tonight at home to Lincoln, thankfully it was just enough for me to still get the three points. 2 games in charge, 2 wins.

Up next Oldham away where i will hopefully have a fully fit 1st team to choose from. Also we are on the verge of bringing the fans some very big transfer news, watch this space.;)

Hull City 2-1 Bristol City

A very rare win for us, as it is only our 2nd win in 14 games. Goals coming from Jefferson Farfan and Remy Cabella ensure we get the 3 points. Olivier Giroud tonight also getting sent off for the 2nd time this season, so to win the game whilst playing over 60 minutes with 10 men makes the win a bit more special. Next up are Swansea City.

Hayden .... steered Reading to victory against Brighton and Hove Albion.

Reading beat Brighton and Hove Albion 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.

Helmes scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Micael was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Dom has used 41212 Diamond for so many games and 442 smashes it ;) He only had 2 shots on target. Well deserved victory' date=' good win vs 4th place brighton.[/center']

Carlisle United 2 - 2 AFC Bournemouth

Semshov 17, Rosicky 82,

Lopez S/O 5, Ba 80, Siovas 81

Ordinarily, I'd be quite happy with an away point in a tough game like this, but the manner of it is frustrating, particularly as this was a real relegation six pointer. Going from 0-1 behind to 2-1 up in two minutes, as late in the game as the 80th and the 81st, should really make sure of the three points, but we fell asleep and conceeded a needless equaliser. I'm particularly annoyed with Javi Lopez being sent off so early, one of my key players and he picks up a 3 match ban five minutes into his debut, brilliant!

Still, this side had lost its last six games when I arrived so I suppose two draws and one defeat from my first three games in this tough league really hasn't been to bad. However, the games are running out and, with an impossible task at home to an exceptional Everton side that is ripping its way through the league on Wednesday, we really need to pick up some wins and fast.

Trounce Brentford 0-4 away despite going down to 10 men on 25mins. Goals from:

J.VERDÚ 59

N.ROUX 61

L.CIGARINI 63, 76

Bradford drew, so now just 3 points off top, Swindon & Doncaster 2nd/3rd 2 points ahead.

10 games to go, and IMO anyone from 13th upwards could go up, its that close

Next up, rock bottom Stevenage.

*we also signed yet another CB, Timm KLOSE arrives from Nurnberg. should rise to 86, but im holding out for 87.

Cheltenham.gif

Cheltenham Town 5-1 AFC Wimbledon

Beat my brother's Wimbledon to go top of the pile for the first time this season. There were goals for all 3 debutantes in Gebra Selassie, Jermaine Jones and Steed Malbranque who later got sent off. Also had a bid accepted for Utaka who I sold as an 87 for 7.4m and bring back as an 88 for 6.4m so pretty pleased with that. Should hopefully be some more activity in the next few days which I'm hoping won't upset my league form to much.

Also had a few risers in the past few days,

Yepes 87-88

Tachtsidis 83-86

De Sciglio 77-85

Crisetig 77-80

Longo 77-83

;2371347']Trounce Brentford 0-4 away despite going down to 10 men on 25mins. Goals from:

J.VERDÚ 59

N.ROUX 61

L.CIGARINI 63' date=' 76

Bradford drew, so now just 3 points off top, Swindon & Doncaster 2nd/3rd 2 points ahead.

10 games to go, and IMO anyone from 13th upwards could go up, its that close

Next up, rock bottom Stevenage.

[i']*we also signed yet another CB, Timm KLOSE arrives from Nurnberg. should rise to 86, but im holding out for 87.[/i]

Agree it's shaping up for an interesting finish in division 4!! Swindon beat Macclesfield 4-1 to maintain 2nd spot. Got 2 difficult games coming up, away to Rochdale and then a humdinger with your Rovers at our place. :)

Pleased with the way my players are performing though, especially as we have 2 key players injured until the new year....