O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

New manager at Carlisle United!!

Just joined Carlisle as manager. Previously managed Peterborough United in EC 7777 and I am now back at Carlisle :) Great to be back after school had took most of my time lol !

Targets: Avoid the drop in Division 2!

Seems a very tough division and sitting just one place above the relegation zone on GOAL DIFFERENCE and 9 points away from the team above. It will be a tough end to the season but Im ready for the task.

Any loans available please let me know 86 and over.

Thanks

Husnain

Welcome Husnain ;)

In Shrewsbury news

The offer for Junior PONCE of Alianza Lima from Shrewsbury Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Just agreed to join Hoffenheim from Alianza, is a current U20 International also

The offer for André GERALDES of Istanbul BB from Shrewsbury Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

77 rated and has Played nearly every game for Istanbul in the Turkish Superliga

The offer for Paul-Georges NTEP of AJ Auxerre from Shorpe United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Doing well for his club as i checked on soccerway. So i thought i would gamble on him.

DIEGO FORLAN (90) available for P/E or decent cash amount!

Because of Carlisles poor position in the league table, we are having to cash in on one of our top players because we need the money to strengthen the defence and midfield and also to put our bank balance a little healthier if we are to have any chance of surviving.

Currently sitting 21st and just one place above relegation only on goal difference puts us in a difficult situation. As well as being 9 points away from 20th place, Burnley.

Get your bids in!

Last match for Negredo

Today will be the last match for Negredo at Ewood Park,after he want to be transfer listed immediatly.Negredo feel that he have minimal chance for playing and want to continue his career in team where he will play regular.

5672301N.jpg

Bad luck with injures and the good form of Soldado is the reasons he don't have a lot of chance to show his talent.For B'burn he score 16 goals in 28 matches.Getafe already made an offer for the Spanish national

Tottenham 1-1 Man City

A.Pato 9

Y.Toure 68

A draw at Spurs, not bad, Arsenal also drew and Im 7 points ahead of Sunderland.

Its looking really tight at the bottom, bottom place are on 33 points and the rest are on 37 and over with 5 games to play, it looks like somebody might go down with 40+ points for the first time in 7777.

YORK CITY 1 EASTBOURNE BOROUGH 0

A late BIANCHI goal was enough to secure all three points tonight, and with Cheltenham losing it moves us to within 2 points of that top spot, so all to play for. Makes it 3 wins from my opening 4 games since taking charge at Bootham Cresent.

Away to Hayes & Yeading United next, ill be hoping to bring a couple of new faces in for this game:cool:

Charlton 6-1 Northampton

Thumped Cobblers with 6 goals. Scorers were STAVRINOU, A.HERNÁNDEZ(2) M.KANUNNIKOV, E.GIACCHERINI, A.BACINOVIC

Disappointed to let a goal in at the end and also for not moving from the 13th spot.

VITAL win for my Carlisle side against a strong Barnsley side. Kevin Kuranyi with the goal and Diego Forlan with the assist. Still just above relegation zone by goal difference as Birmingham City beat Everton 3-1 and Burnley above us also won. So table stays the same at our end. Next up Newcastle :/ And then Plymouth Argyle, who are both up there near the play off positions. Going to be the toughest challenge I've faced.

Wrexham 0 - 3 AFC Bournemouth

Abdoun 6, Orbaiz 17, Guilavogui 74

Finally, we pick up the first three points of my managerial reign. Unfortunately, both Birmingham City and Carlisle United also won, keeping us two points adrift of safety. However, I am encouraged by the vast improvment of the teams performances since I took over five games (DLDDW) ago with them on a six game losing streak!

Wrexham 0 - 3 AFC Bournemouth

Abdoun 6' date=' Orbaiz 17, Guilavogui 74

[/color']

Finally, we pick up the first three points of my managerial reign. Unfortunately, both Birmingham City and Carlisle United also won, keeping us two points adrift of safety. However, I am encouraged by the vast improvment of the teams performances since I took over five games (DLDDW) ago with them on a six game losing streak!

Incredibly tight at the bottom in Division 2 aint it?

Blackpool 1-2 Fulham

Blackpools recent run of good form comes to an end after losing to Fulham. A penalty from Samuel Eto'o gave Blackpool the lead in the 25th minute. Fulham equalised through Jovetic six minutes later. It was a former Blackpool player who scored the winner for Fulham, the Argenine striker Lisandro Lopez scoring in the 36th minute.

"Fulham are fighting to surive in this league, and wanted the win more than my players today. We are still in the European places but I won't be able to rest until we are mathematically safe from relegation".

- Marc Spicer.

Incredibly tight at the bottom in Division 2 aint it?

Indeed it is, I've never participated in a relegation dogfight before, which is what attracted me to this team, given they were in a hopeless position when I found this setup. I still think we'll end up being relegated, both yourselves and Birmingham have a much stronger squad than us, and the level of squad improvements I've been able to do has been severley limited by the poor resources that were available. But, I'm just giving it the best shot I can, it'll be interesting to see what happens.:)

Race for Second Place in Division Three.

Accrington Stanley 73

Southampton 70

Accrington's Final Games.

Northampton (23rd) | Southend (15th) | Derby (18th) | Portsmouth (16th) | Ipswich (7th) | Peterborough (12th) | Reading (22nd) | MK Dons (1st)

_______

Southampton's Final Games.

MK Dons (1st) | Wednesday (9th) | Stockport (17th) | Charlton (13th) | Yeovil (11th) | Coventry (12th) | Tranmere (24th) | Southend (15th)

_______

MK Dons and Southend have a big hand to play in who gets the second automatic promotion spot! I suppose getting MK Dons out the way with knowing that they have them yet to play is an advantage, need to get within 1 point before then to stand a chance because my bad goal difference.

HEREFORD get their 4th victory in a row, this time Sturridge gets the goal that beats Bristol city at Edgar street.

We are now up to 10th place, our highest ever in 7777 and can now relax and enjoy the last few weeks of the season.

next up, we entertain an abandoned west ham and then we go on our foreign travels to play Wrexham.

2 GOALS FOR GOODBYE

Blackburn Rovers 3-1 Liverpool

30' 1-0 M.VALBUENA

55' 2-0 Á.NEGREDO

63' 3-0 Á.NEGREDO

73' 3-1 L.MESSI

2 goals from Negredo in his last match at Ewood Park was enough for B'burn to get the 3pts,next-Wolverhampton

DIVISION 1

5 games to go.

looks like Ben's title to lose, the next 6 fighting for a champions league spot and everyone else except Millwall can get into europe.

i think Millwall are down but then it's two from the next seven that will drop.

DIVISION 2

8 games to go.

similar to div 1 with first and last place already sorted.

the 2nd place spot is between 2nd down to 5th place and the play offs are for teams in the top half.

the relegation fight is really any 2 from 3 teams in 21st,22nd and 23rd place.

DIVISION 3

8 games to go.

once again, team at the top should go up as champions, then 2nd & 3rd will fight it out for automatic promotion.

4th to 13th will battle for the 3 remaining play off places.

bottom will go down and 23rd placed have been abandoned so they should follow, then it is anyone up to 14th that will fill the last two spots.

DIVISION 4

8 games to go.

top 8 are vying for the 3 automatic places and it's down to 11th for teams to get into the play offs.

bottom team is also going down , then it's the next 6 trying to avoid the drop.

DIVISION 5

8 games to go.

bottom club already sorted.

a great battle amongst the top 5 for the only automatic promotion spot.

then it's really only 6th that will join in for the play offs.

It's very good for the set up that so many teams are still competing for the promotion/relegation spots with just a few games left.

good luck to all those involved.

The big Division 4 clash between Swindon Town & Forest Green Rovers ended in a 2-1 defeat for Swindon.

Albin Ekdal scored his first goal for Swindon to put the Robins in front and we looked to be comfortably in control until the FGR manager made a tactical switch and substitutions on 60 mins.

That completely wrong footed us and they scored twice in 5 minutes to take all 3 points. Well played to them, can't grumble as the stats show they deserved to win.

Everything still to play for though so we will try and pick ourselves up and focus on the next match against Burton Albion.

Happy New Year to everybody and good luck to everyone who is still fighting for promotion or trying to stay up.

Niall Taylor earned a draw with Queens Park Rangers against Southampton.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Queens Park Rangers and Southampton in their Division 3 fixture.

Anelka was on the scoresheet for his side.

still in the playoffs......just! And Anelka's injured:(