O'Donnell

English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

The big Division 4 clash between Swindon Town & Forest Green Rovers ended in a 2-1 defeat for Swindon.

Albin Ekdal scored his first goal for Swindon to put the Robins in front and we looked to be comfortably in control until the FGR manager made a tactical switch and substitutions on 60 mins.

That completely wrong footed us and they scored twice in 5 minutes to take all 3 points. Well played to them' date=' can't grumble as the stats show they deserved to win.

Everything still to play for though so we will try and pick ourselves up and focus on the next match against Burton Albion.

Happy New Year to everybody and good luck to everyone who is still fighting for promotion or trying to stay up.[/quote']

Is going to be rough. All those teams have a tremendous pressure of winning or secure their advantage which every game. I will play Bradford City. Literally the best team in division 4 and the pressure is a little high.

Blackpool accept Perisics Transfer Request

Blackpool have confirmed that Croatian International Ivan Perisic has handed a transfer request this morning. The midfielder (Who plays for Dortmund in Real Life) is unhappy to have only started one league game this season, and is frustrated at being loaned out to several different clubs.

"It is true that Ivan wants to leave, and I can't complain. He is a great little player, but unfortunately for him we have some world class players in his position. If a club comes in with a decent offer and Ivan is happy to join them then we will accept, as I also want to see him playing every week".

-Marc Spicers statement on Blackpools website.

Blackpool are thought to be looking for around £12 million, after making a big mistake by swapping Lucas Fernando to sign Perisic and look to recoup a big loss. We are always happy to negotiate though.

Indeed it is' date=' I've never participated in a relegation dogfight before, which is what attracted me to this team, given they were in a hopeless position when I found this setup. I still think we'll end up being relegated, both yourselves and Birmingham have a much stronger squad than us, and the level of squad improvements I've been able to do has been severley limited by the poor resources that were available. But, I'm just giving it the best shot I can, it'll be interesting to see what happens.:)[/quote']

I have a few decent players but my fringe players are very poor so if an injury occurs then im doomed, which is why Im looking to sell Forlan, one of my star strikers so I can get out of debt and atleast get a few 2nd teamers in for cover. Oh well, its a tough battle, but good luck :D

The big Division 4 clash between Swindon Town & Forest Green Rovers ended in a 2-1 defeat for Swindon.

Albin Ekdal scored his first goal for Swindon to put the Robins in front and we looked to be comfortably in control until the FGR manager made a tactical switch and substitutions on 60 mins.

That completely wrong footed us and they scored twice in 5 minutes to take all 3 points. Well played to them' date=' can't grumble as the stats show they deserved to win.

Everything still to play for though so we will try and pick ourselves up and focus on the next match against Burton Albion.

Happy New Year to everybody and good luck to everyone who is still fighting for promotion or trying to stay up.[/quote']

Good game mate.

Burak YILMAZ with his 16th league goal and CHARBONNIER netting on his debut 1 minute after coming off the bench...

Finally FGR go top, looking forward to our next few games to see if we can cement our promotion rather than going to a final day decider!

logged in after a few days away and the transfer market has been very active! lots of my shortlisted players getting snapped up!

Just a quick question gents,

Will my loan players be automatically returned at the end of the season or will they stay on loan for next season ???

Any advice gratefully received....

Just a quick question gents' date='

Will my loan players be automatically returned at the end of the season or will they stay on loan for next season ???

Any advice gratefully received....[/quote']

The first day of the new season they automatically go back.

Well since taking over Burton it has been nothing short of a nightmare :o:)

2 wins in 9 games with the rest being losses, the squad balance is way off despite what i thought would help so going to have to do a rebuild again hopefully this helps then we can finish this season off and move on next season.

York City will play the kids in tonights game with Hayes & Yeading United as i have my brothers Cheltenham Town on wednesday night in wot could be a massive game for us. RODRÍGUEZ, José, POHJANPALO, Joel , PAREDES, Leandro, all set for there first team debuts tonight.

In other news York City have a big signing to announce tomorrow, theres a lot of work being done behind the scenes and were hoping to bring you the good news sometime tomorrow afternoon:D

Just a quick question gents' date='

Any advice gratefully received....[/quote']

yep they automatically go back, and with the new loan system, hardly any decent rated players will be going out on loan next season....

HAYES & YEADING UNITED 2 YORK CITY 4

Great win for my second string. GERARDI, Federico winning the match ball after a fine hat-rick. The other goal from MEI, Andrea. We move upto 2nd and could go top with a win in our next game. Looking Forward to Cheltenham wednesday night, where our new signing should make his debut.

Carlisle 1-4 Newcastle Utd

A bad bad result which has finally moved us in to the relegation zone. With Birmingham winning we are 3 points from safety with 7 games to go. Its still possible to survive. we just need a good loan or two. Can a division 1 side please help me ?

Next up: Plymouth Argyle away!

;2382219']yep they automatically go back' date=' and with the new loan system, hardly any decent rated players will be going out on loan next season....[/quote']

that is going to make for an interesting next season.

if clubs with large squads dont rotate players, it will lead to a lot of concerns and eventually having to sell players, which in turn makes for a healthier transfer market.

i like the idea of anything that makes this game more difficult to succeed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

HEREFORD end a fine year with a 5-1 victory over west ham, albeit a poor abandoned one.

we are now in 8th place and had a capacity crowd for the entertaining game in which assistant manager, Crouch, scored a hat trick.

away to an unfit Wrexham next.

Sean Oneill steered Everton to victory against Middlesbrough.

Everton outclassed Middlesbrough and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kaká scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gourcuff was also on the scoresheet for his side.

When in doubt.. copy your opponents formation and hope your higher ratings beat theirs :P lazy i know but it worked.

Open my lead at the top back up to 10 points now, hopefully not too long before i guarantee atleast promtion so i can take my foot off the gas.

that is going to make for an interesting next season.

if clubs with large squads dont rotate players' date=' it will lead to a lot of concerns and eventually having to sell players, which in turn makes for a healthier transfer market.

i like the idea of anything that makes this game more difficult to succeed.[/quote']

and as have been said in other threads will stop the 'here mate heres 3 90s onloan' for your div 4 side" Which is good and bad depends on how you look at it

Finn Turnbull steered Gillingham to victory against Stoke City.

Gillingham beat Stoke City 8 - 6 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Musa was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Isco and Wijnaldum were also amongst the goalscorers.

Mach of the century?! With 4 minutes to go the score was 6-6 and we got 2 more goals to win it 6-8...I have never ever seen the like. :eek::D

Finn Turnbull steered Gillingham to victory against Stoke City.

Gillingham beat Stoke City 8 - 6 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Musa was impressive and scored a hat-trick' date=' later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Isco and Wijnaldum were also amongst the goalscorers.

Mach of the century?! With 4 minutes to go the score was 6-6 and we got 2 more goals to win it 6-8...I have never ever seen the like. :eek::D[/center']

Thats mental! Never seen a match like that before!!:eek:

Carlisle 1-4 Newcastle Utd

A bad bad result which has finally moved us in to the relegation zone. With Birmingham winning we are 3 points from safety with 7 games to go. Its still possible to survive. we just need a good loan or two. Can a division 1 side please help me ?

Next up: Plymouth Argyle away!

I'm in the same boat, although I'm a massive five points away from safety after a 0-1 home defeat to Forest, after I got my tactics all wrong.:( I just can't see yourself and Birmingham slipping up enough in the last few games to save us now. We now face a massive home game against Birmingham on Wednesday, if we don't win, we are certain of relegation, it's as simple as that. I know it's not my fault the team is in such a bad position, since I only took over three weeks ago, but it still hurts!