English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Man City 1-2 Liverpool (Liverpool win 2-3 on Agg)

Gerrard 21

Sahin 61

Messi 87

Lionel Messi was the man of the match tonight after grabbing the crucial goal just two minutes from time.

Citys manager had this to say:

I feel I probably shouldnt of changed formation on the hour mark, I decided go for more goals so went attacking and it backfired, I should of left N'Zonzi on instead of bringing another forward on in Doumbia, never mind, we will win the Champions League next season, the Europa is nothing. :P

Gone the days of the bloated big boy squads maybe? Would certainly change the GW makeup' date=' not sure if it will be for the better as yet as many of those club building from the bottom up may suffer but we will see i guess.[/quote']

My take on this (as many as you will know from 7046) is that it will help the smaller clubs, and in some ways protect them from their own short-term thinking :eek:

The reason I say this is that if 2 smaller teams are both going for promotion and both loan in 3 x 88 rated players they don't gain an advantage as the 88's just cancel each other out.

All that is then happening is that the two smaller teams have paid out approx £3m each on the 88's wages for the season (which could have been invested in youths) often getting themselves into debt, and obviously also then SAVES the bigger loaning teams millions in wages - the rich get richer, the poor get poorer :rolleyes:

Restricting loans will also level the playing field and helps promote what you know and not who you know, as you can't just loan in 3 x 89's from your mate....bit of an extreme example but you'll take my point :)

Hate to recall a loan player one game before the end of the season........

However' date=',,,

.... if the manager can't stick around for the last game of the season then neither can my players. Sorry.[/quote']

disgraceful aint it.

you play the whole season, get a club relegated and quit before the season ends....

Shouldnt allow this guy back! And the same to others who do so!

The big match' date=' as you say, is between FGR & Russia,, if I have done my maths correctly, if either team wins then my Swindon will gain automatic promotion whether we win, lose or draw (because we will have better goal difference over the losing team). If they draw then a draw will be enough for me also unless Doncaster lose in which case, again, our GD will see us through regardless of what my team does. :D:D:D

Pretty pleased that the highest rated striker in my small squad is only 86 but yet we have produced a goal difference superior to everyone else in div 4..[/quote']

Too much math hahaha. I need to win, period. Also wait other two teams above me loose. It won´t be easy as i will play against Burton Albion!

Riece Monro(RieceM96 on forum) was unable to prevent a Shorpe United defeat to Sheffield United.

Shorpe United slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Sheffield United in their Division 1 fixture.

I luckily survive due to Fulham losing :D

Cant wait for next season.Great to survive 2 seasons in a row.

Barnsley 1-2 Hull City

A nice win to close the season. We went the last 4 games of the season unbeaten, winning 3 of those. Goals from Olivier Giroud and Sergey Ignashevich secure victory. We end the season 11th, improving from our position last season.

Sheffield United 2 - 0 Shorpe United

A momentous in the clubs history. Against all odds we finish 9th in our first season in Division 1. European Football next season will be massively important to gain the funds to take the club to the next level, and really establish this side in Division 1.

Happy I am! :)

Congrats to many, commiserations to some, and good luck to all the teams that the season is not over for.

EDIT: I actually finished 9!!!

Sheffield United 2 - 0 Shorpe United

A momentous in the clubs history. Against all odds we finish 10th in our first season in Division 1. European Football next season will be massively important to gain the funds to take the club to the next level' date=' and really establish this side in Division 1.

Happy I am! :)

Congrats to many, commiserations to some, and good luck to all the teams that the season is not over for.[/quote']

Well done for beating me.Promoted clubs always seem to do well first season.I finished 11th last season now i finished 17th this season.

Good luck next season.

Well done for beating me.Promoted clubs always seem to do well first season.I finished 11th last season now i finished 17th this season.

Good luck next season.

Thanks. Yes momentum really is an important factor in this game.

I'm just hoping the extra funds will allow me bring in some more quality.

Good luck to you too!