English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

O'Donnell

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

PROMOTION!!

Dancing in the streets of Nailsworth last night!

Champagne_pop_resized.jpg

Champagne celebrations, the Moet was flowing last night!

Forest Green Rovers, lead by manager Jack Hutchinson, achieved back to back promotions with an emphatic 4-1 win over title challengers Bradford. Knowing only a win would do, FGR put out there strongest side and went for the win. Steven TAYLOR opened the scoring for us on 25 mins & we went in 1-0 at the break. Straight from the kickoff Braford levelled, but on 47mins, just a minute later, Matias SUAREZ put us back in front. Tactical adjustments were made and allowed us to get forward more. on 72mins, GRIEZMANN scored from a set piece, blasting through the wall and finally on 87 mins, Matias SUAREZ again scores with a header..

The result condemned Bradford to the playoffs and FGR a promotion spot in 2nd, with the top 3 clubs only separated by goal difference!

Well done Swindon for out scoring us in an exciting season!

Antoine GRIEZMANN has been sent back to Manchester United by Forest Green Rovers.

Alex SANDRO has been sent back to Aston Villa by Forest Green Rovers.

Wojciech SZCZĘSNY has been sent back to Arsenal by Forest Green Rovers.

Thank you respective parent clubs for a successful seasons long loan. Szczesny plays his last game for the club after agreeing to a move away from Arsenal after amassing nearly 100 league games for us. Hopefully we can tie up more player loan deals in the close season!

More news will follow in the off season from The New Lawn....

2012-12-15

Southampton revving up!

10996_1347983798.jpg

Keisuke Honda - £6m + Adem Ljajic

Three deals confirmed for the Saints ahead of their important play-off push! Keisuke Honda, who in my opinion is the best free kick taker in the world. He was a hard price as Adem Ljajic went the other way, who I have had since the inaugural first chance of buying externally! Honda I have been keeping my eye on since he was bought.

53501_1352038866.jpg

The second is Sam Johnstone, the young Manchester United keeper, who will be part of my 11 man youth project.

59393_1346496972.jpg

The third is QPR defender Sam Magri who I got internally from Blackburn Rovers.

White going off?

35632_1348058310.jpg

Aidan White has been recalled from Dagenham and Redbridge. He is now available for £3m. A young LB/LM player who plays his trade at Leeds United. Has come leaps and bounds. He has rose considerably in the last few months. Will accept cash straight away. 21 so has plenty ahead of him, and rated 83, so good squad player, but I have invested in Adam Reach who is doing wonders at Boro'

Watford 4-4 Charlton

A thrilling match to end the season with. Bacinovic gets an early goal for us and then a Hernandez strike puts us 2-0 up. Watford fought back with 2 goals from Araujo.

In the second half we went ahead from the penalty spot after a desperate challenge on Alvaro. It was all square again 5 minutes later when Allansson levelled it up for Watford and 12 minutes later they went ahead in the match for the first time after Helenius headed them to what looked like a great victory goal. But we equalised from a well taken free kick by Giaccherini 3minutes later.

We finish in 11th position in Division 3. I am probably gonna try and buy 1 or 2 players for the start of next season and push for promotion.

Selling MIRALLAS and PAULINHO for CASH!

Il give it a day or 2, start counting the pennies as the biggest bid wins.

Really need to do this now because otherwise at the end of next season there is the possibility of being 20+ million in debt. Effectively, if I didnt sell Nzonzi earlier on, I would be around 15 million in the red. Considering the slight upgrade in finances, I would still be ruining the team. So, these 2 players both have to go in this window. Going to hopefully buy some nice risers (I know they are hard to come by in this gw) to make Doncaster more sustainable.

Doesnt mean that we arent going to try and push up into division 2 though :P Keeping the backbone of the team (current 88s) is vital for it.

EDIT: Im just going to stress that if the deals are only a few million above CV in 2 days time, then im not going to accept. I do want a lot, and I now know what kind of cash a division 1 team chairman is willing to pay.

Everton are still available for deals.. been trying to sort out a few deals today but with no luck, unreasonable people ;)

As before though can offer a variety of two for ones and can even throw torres + Jelavic into the mix if the players right! let me know :)

Everton are still available for deals.. been trying to sort out a few deals today but with no luck' date=' unreasonable people ;)

As before though can offer a variety of two for ones and can even throw torres + Jelavic into the mix if the players right! let me know :)[/quote']

Wouldn't mind taking Jelavic and Gourcuff off you but my sunny 'ol reading don't exactly have the best players to offer.

;2414546']anyone looking for deals please dont forget about Forest Green Rovers

i have a few prospects and solid 88 players!

Helmes (89) solid atm and Walcott (90) chance of rising to 91 are available. (Well Walcott has a tb but not long til it's off.

The offer for Vital DEDE of Wrexham from Norwich City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Should Wrexham stay in the deal Dede will be coming to Carrow Road. It's a bit pricey I think, but hey I want to freshen things up and that's one deal nearly done.

Feel free to bid on any of my players, I'll say now though that any offers for Cahill and Bernard will need to be special.

Should Wrexham stay in the deal Dede will be coming to Carrow Road. It's a bit pricey I think' date=' but hey I want to freshen things up and that's one deal nearly done.

Feel free to bid on any of my players, I'll say now though that any offers for Cahill and Bernard will need to be special.[/quote']

Pleasure doing business. I''l not withdraw because my others counters were either worse for me or longshots (Sorry Everton :P).

Rodriguez is a like for like replacement, seems very solid at the moment. Moses is a player I like a lot, and I guess he counts as an 88 based on whats coming).

So 88+89=90 which seems fair. Dede probably has a higher potential, but I'm a chelsea fan I'm happy.

Everton are still available for deals.. been trying to sort out a few deals today but with no luck' date=' unreasonable people ;)

As before though can offer a variety of two for ones and can even throw torres + Jelavic into the mix if the players right! let me know :)[/quote']

As I said when we talked, I would give anything for a good striker ;)

Selling MIRALLAS and PAULINHO for CASH!

Il give it a day or 2' date=' start counting the pennies as the biggest bid wins.

Really need to do this now because otherwise at the end of next season there is the possibility of being 20+ million in debt. Effectively, if I didnt sell Nzonzi earlier on, I would be around 15 million in the red. Considering the slight upgrade in finances, I would still be ruining the team. So, these 2 players both have to go in this window. Going to hopefully buy some nice risers (I know they are hard to come by in this gw) to make Doncaster more sustainable.

Doesnt mean that we arent going to try and push up into division 2 though :P Keeping the backbone of the team (current 88s) is vital for it.

EDIT: Im just going to stress that if the deals are only a few million above CV in 2 days time, then im not going to accept. I do want a lot, and I now know what kind of cash a division 1 team chairman is willing to pay.[/center']

Blackburn are leading the race for Mirallas.

Surprised with only 1 bid on Paulinho :confused:

I'm in need of a good striker who's preferably 27 or below. Montolivo and Susaeta/Sow can be offered as the deal. Some cash can also be included.. Those who feel they have a player who meets the criteria and are interested in the deal please do contact me (Bolton)!

Any Division 4/5 side want a decent young RB?

Im looking to sell Bruno Peres (82) who was the starting RB for Santos last season, and should be next season too so could rise into the mid 80s rather easily. Was looking for around £2.5mill, but negotiable depending on what division your in

Any Division 4/5 side want a decent young RB?

Im looking to sell Bruno Peres (82) who was the starting RB for Santos last season' date=' and should be next season too so could rise into the mid 80s rather easily. Was looking for around £2.5mill, but negotiable depending on what division your in[/quote']

Bruno Peres moved to Internacional mate ;)

Has he?

Dunno if thats a good thing or bad tbh. Santos werent great in the league last year. Still hes for sale and can still make a good profit for small teams :)

Internacional let Nei go on a free and signed Bruno Peres, I'm sure they are getting Welder as well (Not sure though) and Claudio Winck will be introduced soon :)

Season Report

?type=display

So as the season has come to a close for Hartlepool I just though i'd do a little report about the season just gone. I was only in charge for the second half of the year but was very happy with the progress I made at the club.

Record at time of appointment:

Played- 24

Won- 4

Drew- 6

Lost- 14

Points- 18

My record in charge:

Played- 22

Won- 5

Drew- 11

Lost- 6

Points- 26

Coming into the job, Pool were sat in the relegation zone having won just 4 of 24 league matches so it was certainly an uphill task. There were a couple of changes in personnel but nothing major was possible due to lack of funds and top quality players to exchange. The majority of transfer activity saw youth players come in to increase depth.

Transfers In

Reece Brown

Samuel Galindo

Alexander Frei

Adam Chickson

Gevero Markiet

Eli Zivoz

Paul Slane

Tom Parkes

Ibrahim Rabiu

Simone Pasa

Lukas Van Eeno

Nemanja Gudelj

Prince Segbefia

Mark Muniesa

Josep Ilicic

Joe Cole

Transfers Out

Theo Walcott

Alessandro Del Piero

Patrick Agyemang

Walter Montillo

Neil Austin

Jose Bosingwa

Overall I feel I've built a much safer yet potentially better squad than what I had coming into the set-up and will hope to continue to build upon this.

My first 3 games ended in defeat to Bradford, Exeter and Rotherham but that accounted for half of our defeats over the second half of the campaign. Our only downfall was thed fact that we drew far too many games (8 of our last 11 included). So next year i'll be hoping to turn those points into 3!

Top Scorers

Periera Eliseu- 9

Shane Long- 5

Josep Ilicic- 5

Most Assists

Alexander Frei- 6

Periera Eliseu- 5

Cole, Barnes, Neves, Ilicic- 3

Player of the Year

5218.png

Miguel Torres

Going into next season I'm optimistically hoping for a top 10 finish but to get any higher than that I'll need to find myself a couple more players and hope that Long and Frei start banging in the goals more regularly.

I'm quietly confident we can achieve that target but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

=======================================================

Looking for deals ASAP, anyone of my players can go for cash or P/E (not an elite squad admittedly but some useful players)

Just give me all your money and best players please, thanks

:o

Carlisle United Go Down

After taking over earlier this season, we were sat in the relegation zone with around 10-15 games to play but were around 19 points from safety (Something of that sort) Always was an uphill task and only got sent down by 2 points. That was because Birmingham beat 2nd placed Nottingham Forrest and we drew 2-2 with Hereford in the last game. Shocked, hurt, disappointed but oh well. I feel I really deserved to stay up. Division 3 does not appeal to me after everything I have done I feel. Thinking of resigning and giving someone else a go but at the same time want to bring them back up to Division 2???

Time will tell. But it has been enjoyable in my 2nd spell in EC 7777!