English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread

Of course' date=' this 70 rated Crewe youngster would start regularly for the majority of other teams in this set up wouldnt he, everybodys got the same rights to go for him, your still p issed cause you missed out on Draxler. :)[/center']

You have less need for him than anyone else. Duff might of started him in the three games a week, I hear that he went off Germany 19mins on Friday whilst Ox scored, think I dodged the bullet actually. Coming to crunch time and Ox will be used more so 89 more possible.

You have both, like most of the youth, will eventually become unhappy and wages will spiral. It was the fact how it allowed you to outbid which was strange, how City's chairman rated him more than Brighton's is quite strange.

Good Luck, hope he has fun handing out the hotdogs in the Etihad for a long time.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lordy -RBA-

• MaoaM

• Frozy

• Ben-SCFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY TURN10 - PREMIER LEAGUE Welcome to our first special addition of "Gillette Soccer Saturday", this will happen on so

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Now to mix up the divisions, the previous one was all about who based on squad value should finish where! Enjoy! The likes of Shorpe showing

Re: English Championship 7777 - Discussion Thread Welcome to the EC 7777 end of season awards hosted by myself Frozy. First of all, a massive thank you to those who voted for even a few categ

Posted Images

You have less need for him than anyone else. Duff might of started him in the three games a week' date=' I hear that he went off Germany 19mins on Friday whilst Ox scored, think I dodged the bullet actually. Coming to crunch time and Ox will be used more so 89 more possible.

You have both, like most of the youth, will eventually become unhappy and wages will spiral. It was the fact how it allowed you to outbid which was strange, how City's chairman rated him more than Brighton's is quite strange.

Good Luck, hope he has fun handing out the hotdogs in the Etihad for a long time.[/quote']

Well, if he was brought to help out with the three games a week Im pretty sure theres plenty of players around his rating going for a decent price.

I dont see the point in comparing how Draxler and Chamberlain did on Friday? Chamberlain was with England against one of the worst international sides going, a league one side would of probably beat them lot, I presume Draxler went off injured or something, if not then oh well.

If players become unhappy then so be it, youve mentioned that in reply to me before, not sure why its always me who gets mentioned though, my rivals United have got twice as many youths as I have, others clubs have similar amounts aswell, ive kept the decent ones anyway, not going sell the ones who I think will turn out good players.

I thought Brighton would of beat me to him, perhaps its changed like I said to Duffman, wouldnt be bad if it has cause it makes it more realistic imo.

I rejected a deal for Weimann not long ago and that was put up on the news feed and on the forum like I was doing something wrong by it, now I buy a young prospect and theres posts about that, bit of a joke tbh, got nothing against Hyina or Duffman at all, just dont think the posts were really needed.

I will pass your wishes on to him, might get him a job cleaning the toilets aswell after the games when he dosent get on the bench.

PLAYER 64960 Why is he called that on mine ?

i think that is because he was once a FGR player and is now in prison for impersonating a footballer.

i'm suprised more of their squad arent arrested for the same offense, looking at their league results;)

Is there any teams due to be free soon? Pretty keen to join!

Port Vale Rushi Whoisawesome (127) Division 4 28 days ago

Brentford S Jain (56) Division 4 25 days ago

Southend United Rudy Voller (44) Division 3 21 days ago

i dont know their financial situations but-

southend are in the relegation zone but have players worth a bit of money so there is a good chance they can be sorted into a good team.

brentford are mid table, have a good first team but only 22 players but you should get some good 2 for 1 offers on their better players.

port vale are 18th,big squad, plenty of potential.

HEREFORD finally win at home, at the 10th attempt.

an entertaining game was won 3-2, in the 89th minute by cb Basa.

it was an evenly contested game and fortune was on our side this time, unlucky Chris.

their hardly seems a game when we dont come up against a side with at least a couple of 90 rated players, such is the strength of division 2 this season.

welcome back Will.

HEREFORD finally win at home' date=' at the 10th attempt.

it was an evenly contested game and fortune was on our side this time, unlucky Chris.

their hardly seems a game when we dont come up against a side with at least a couple of 90 rated players, such is the strength of division 2 this season.

welcome back Will.[/quote']

Yes a very good game, enjoyed the banter on the touch line, loved playing games such who is? Using the crowd as the answers.

Yes a very good game, enjoyed the banter on the touch line, loved playing games such who is? Using the crowd as the answers.

How was Manchester City able to outbid me on a 70 rated youth player :eek: also have no idea why they need him but okay! :confused:

... Guess it's his choice..

Yes a very good game' date=' enjoyed the banter on the touch line, loved playing games such who is? Using the crowd as the answers.[/quote']
Yes a very good game' date=' enjoyed the banter on the touch line, loved playing games such who is? Using the crowd as the answers.[/quote']

Double post :P

Originally Posted by TheDuffman viewpost.gif

How was Manchester City able to outbid me on a 70 rated youth player :eek: also have no idea why they need him but okay! :confused:

There's been quite a lot written by Forum members on this particular deal. At the risk of fanning the embers of discontent - here is my six pennies worth....

I think Mr Active/Man City is fully justified in buying who he wants, when he wants, in an efffort to do the best that he can.

It's cruel on the rest of us in lower divisions that he has the resources to hoover up the best young players and "park them" on loan or in the reserves indefinitely - but don't real life EPL clubs do exactly the same?

I was disappointed that he got Draxler for a relatively modest amount - but c'est la vie. It was a very good deal for him and the hallmark of an experienced manager negotiating well (it was an internal deal, after all - so no complaints justified)

The kid from Crewe was perhaps less of a "necessity" for him - but he might go on to be another Nick Powell or David Platt, for those of you old enough to remember him as a player.

The game is set up with the "Concerns" feature to try and limit such behaviour from being rewarding - personally, though, I feel the SMFA rules should be amended further to limit a squad size to, say, 60.

We all know that in the older worlds some clubs are carrying squads of nearly 200 players and remaining financially solvent, and most of them carry at least 70 players on their books. This is clearly a problem as no players ever get sold by the hoarders for the necessity of balancing the books.

We can only appeal to Man City's "sense of fair play" that when they get a squad that is too big for their immediate needs that they allow players to trickle back in to the game (for the good of the Game World) - preferably by selling them back to their external clubs, but equally by cashing in on their ratings increases and getting a profit internally.

Let's just secretly hope the EC7777 Premier League TV deal collapses and they all go bust.

You've done incredibly well to keep such a tiny club out of the relegation zone so far. When we played you at Edgar Street the crowd was 7,000 (including 6,500 Leeds fans).

The bottom three look cut adrift - unless Birmingham's new manager gets the Bluenoses moving - so I wish you well in staying in the division and building a competitive squad.

I'm always up for a good mass debate (ahem)

Personally, I think a big club going for a 70 rated player is frustrating and in some cases a little annoying for smaller clubs but there is nothing "wrong" with it. The Man City or whomever manager is entitled to go for whoever they want.

I don’t see any complaining when "big clubs" chairman place restrictive maximum value on higher rated players which gives an advantage to "smaller clubs" making it harder for those "bigger clubs" to outbid anyone in a classic external multi club transfer war.

Essentially, it’s swings and roundabouts and completely down to the individual manager.

Whilst there are big and little clubs, whilst there are differing PX values and whilst there are different personalities managing in an GW - there will ALWAYS be fair and unfair scenarios.

The big clubs have an advantage in being bigger, richer and with more capacity, therefore they will generally be an advantage on and off the field, you know what – that’s life. Its Soccer Manager not Utopia Manager.

Personally, I have opened up to the lower divisions, selling highly rated youth, decent risers and desirable players for next to nothing in cash only deals to keep things fresh. This doesn’t give me or anyone else the right to say what any manager should do - although its great we can all express an opinion.

There are exceptions of course, I have been in many a GW where it is evident that a manager is simply out to destroy, only there for the short term or simply wishing to antagonise.

That said, if we set too many perimeters for a strong EC, and I'm including open days on general transfer morality in that, we end up with a custom and there’s already plenty of them out there if that’s your thing.

I'm always up for a good mass debate (ahem)
Ed, I think the points you make are all eminently reasonable.

I believe that this EC7777 GW is the best in the community - and its strength lies in the managers who compete - nothing more nor less. The volume of posts on the forum bears testament to this.

There are very few Custom GWs that can offer the same level of interest as a fully-populated, open to all, English Championship with 4 or 5 divisions.

The fact that only one or two of them have stood the test of time is testament to the fact that we have a good bunch involved. Our willingness to play for the "greater good" of keeping the GW interesting is important to preserve its quality.

We must, however, keep incentives for small clubs with new managers - and I applaud your efforts to keep a flow of young risers circulating in the game.

Once lower league managers become convinced they are stuck with a squad they can never improve - then they will likely move on.

"Mass debate" is also at the root of all flourishing societies.

(As long as you all agree with me at the end of the day, naturally...)

Ed' date=' I think the points you make are all eminently reasonable.

[/quote']

Oh good grief.

I have become reasonable. :eek:

Next up it jackets with elbow patches, corduroy trousers, that string thing on my glasses so they can hang round your neck, remembering when " all this was hills", music just being "boom boom boom", heading up for an early night at half six and standing, waiting, for just two drops over the urinal.

Ed "The Wurthers Original of EC7777" Moses

In other news:-

The following lads are available for Transfer.

Jose Bosingwa, right sided defender rated 88.

Alou Diarra, central midfielder rated 88

Ruben Cani, very flexible attacking option anywhere across midfield, rated 88

Humberto Suazo, sounds like a mexican sweet but is actually an 89 rated central striker

Henrique Walter, another central striker rated 85

I can offer them as 2 -4 -1, can add cash of my own etc.

If your interested let me know nad I am sure we can sort something.

Next up it jackets with elbow patches, corduroy trousers, that string thing on my glasses so they can hang round your neck, remembering when " all this was hills", music just being "boom boom boom", heading up for an early night at half six and standing, waiting, for just two drops over the urinal.
Insolent young pup:p

Oh good grief.

I have become reasonable. :eek:

Next up it jackets with elbow patches' date=' corduroy trousers, that string thing on my glasses so they can hang round your neck, remembering when " all this was hills", music just being "boom boom boom", heading up for an early night at half six and standing, waiting, for just two drops over the urinal.

Ed "The Wurthers Original of EC7777" Moses[/quote']

everyone thought you were already like this, except 'reasonable'.

You've done incredibly well to keep such a tiny club out of the relegation zone so far. When we played you at Edgar Street the crowd was 7,000 (including 6,500 Leeds fans).

The bottom three look cut adrift - unless Birmingham's new manager gets the Bluenoses moving - so I wish you well in staying in the division and building a competitive squad.

thanks Richard but it's wishful thinking that 6,000 Leeds fans are capable of finding their way to an away ground.

our away end currently holds 478 this season due to all the work that is going on.

i also think Ben should buy whoever he wants, IRL the big clubs snap up talent all over the place and couldnt care less about the smaller clubs and seeing as this set up is full, i dont think he has to worry about others.

On the issue of Ben buying youths and keeping youths, this is just my opinion but I certainly don't think a manager should be criticized for buying and keeping very good talents who have lots of potential even if they are a big team. He has to take into account the future of his club as well and it's not like he denies them to everyone, he loans out plenty of his youths to help the weaker teams.

Now onto some Bolton news!

Transfers!

I spent the majority of the money I had in hand (spent about 4.5 million) and I've invested it in some risers, very happy with the signings.

Filip Mrzljak has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from NK Lokomotiva for 871,000

He's played 750 minutes for Lokomotiva who are currently second in the Croatian league. He's only rated 76 and with the match time he's gotten when he's only 19 and for the second placed team in the league should be getting a decent rise. Thinking +3/4 though I may be being a bit over optimistic.

Ivor Weitzer has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from HNK Rijeka for 651,000

Rijeka are currently 4th in the Croatian league, equal on points with the 3rd placed side. Weitzer played just under 700 minutes for them and he's scored 3

goals as well. Considering he's rated only 77 should get a rise to 80 maybe 81.

Franck Etoundi has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from FC St. Gallen for 811,000

He plays for St. Gallen who are currently 3rd in the Swiss league behind Basel and Grasshopper, only 22 and is rated 78. He's got a decent amount of time on the pitch for a 78 rated player, playing over 800 minutes. Got 1 goal as well. He was also very cheap just 800k should get a rise of 3-4 hopefully though 2 might be more realistic. Hoping for a 3-4 in any case. Whatever the scenario he will make me a good profit of at least a million.

Fernandes Gerso has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from Estoril Praia for 631,000

He's playing for the 5th placed team in the Portuguese, got just over 600 minutes for them, not much but should still get a decent rise 3 or 4 if all goes well. Was very cheap just 630k so even if he does rise only by 2 will still make a profit of around a million.

Daniel Pavlovic has completed his move to Bolton Wanderers from Grasshopper-Club for 1,590,000

He's currently 80 rated and will be getting a good rise at the very least 3 I think. Played over 1500 minutes for Grasshopper who are currently second in the Swiss league and they're behind leaders Basel only by goal difference.

Adding some exceptional talent to the Loan List including the likes of Martin Kelly and Peniel Mlapa.

Slight problem' date=' I cant remember whom I promised these guys to at the astart of the season! If you can, simply copy and paste to me and I will get it sorted.[/quote']

Ed, just to remind you - here is the transcript of our previous discussions on Mlapa

Date: September 1997

Leeds: Hey, Ed...

Arsenal: Hey, Butcher.

Leeds: Any chance of borrowing Mlapa?

Arsenal: It would be my honour. I've always held Leeds United and you, in particular, in very high regard.

Leeds: That's good to hear

Arsenal: No, really. if Mlapa returned to Arsenal with just 1% of your wisdom and drive, well - we'd be a better club for it and I would improve as a human being.

Leeds: So, that's a "yes" then?

I believe that's fairly conclusive, and constitutes a binding contract of sorts.

Ed' date=' just to remind you - here is the transcript of our previous discussions on Mlapa

I believe that's fairly conclusive, and constitutes a binding contract of sorts.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure you've cut the conversation off there at its most crucial juncture. Fortunately I have also kept the remainder of the contact:-

Leeds: So, that's a "yes" then?

Arsenal: Yes

Ahhh, err, right.......it would appear you are corrrect Butcher. Given your refusal to use your first name - Pat - combined with the above I feel I have no choice and have accepted the loan bid.

Now, havent you got some earring recycling to do? That there London Eye won't replace itself you know....

Player Circulation

I just had a look at the number of players on the books of Div 1 clubs - and feel that they probably deserve more credit as a group.

Only two of the top clubs have more than 50 players - which compares favourably with GW EC 7046 (of a similar vintage to 7777).

Well done, Div 1 - for not hogging the talent too much

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 Grimsby Town

Solid 1-0 win for the Seagulls which see's us through to the Shield 4th round where we will meet giant killers Forest Green should be nice tie!

As for the Ben situation i don't have a problem with the lad wasn't trying to cause a situation i was more amazed he was able to outbid me, took my other issues up in Pm about the player recruitment but again there just my views and have always been the same and won't change, wasn't trying to change the situation just simply voiced a opinion again through PM with ben so hope thats the end of any problem which the comment might have caused :)

Player Circulation

I just had a look at the number of players on the books of Div 1 clubs - and feel that they probably deserve more credit as a group.

Only two of the top clubs have more than 50 players - which compares favourably with GW EC 7046 (of a similar vintage to 7777).

Well done' date=' Div 1 - for not hogging the talent too much[/quote']

Yep, well done to all of us in the 1st Division

(Walks away whistling when i remember i have 63 players!)

Blackpool 3-1 Wolves

Blackpool advance into the last 16 after an easier game than expected. We expected Wolves to play their strongest XI, but left players such as Drogba, Hernanes and most surprisingly goalkeeper Weidenfeller out of. Meanwhile Blackpool named an almost full strength side.

Handanovic (91)

Zabaleta (91) Sokratis (89) Garay (90) Tremoulinas (89)

Alvarez (88) Podolski (91) Diaby (89) Asamoah (91)

Tevez (93)

Walcott (91)

Blackpool took an early lead with a perfect free-kick from Tevez into the top corner. The lead was doubled in the second half as Asamoah scored his third goal of the season. Wolves pulled a goal back against the run of play with a direct free-kick from Cassani. As Wolves pushed for an equaliser late on, they were punished on the counter-attack when Tevez's cross was headed home by Podolski.

"Very pleased with the victory against one of our bogey teams. We dominated the game and kept the ball really well. Its a nice feeling to still be in four competitions, but we need to keep our concentration and focus on the next game. Another tough game against Sunderland on Wednesday, I am not sure who will start in that game".

-Marc Spicer.

Blackpool face Crystal Palace in the fourth round.