Any good books suggestions?

Elton

Re: Any good books suggestions?

Btw I have found audiobooks are pretty decent-books read by humans that is.

A couple of great sites are:

http://librivox.org/

http://audiobookvault.ws/?cat=2276

Great for listening to while driving around or doing mind numbing stuff ;)

Lots of classics like Sherlock Holmes series' date=' Warhammer and newer ones.[/quote']

Hey, Librivox :D

Unfortunately the kind of books I'm interested in are never there.

Hey' date=' Librivox :D

Unfortunately the kind of books I'm interested in are never there.[/quote']

well check audiovault-you would be surprised what you can find-lots of ebooks etc.

You my friend are only limited by your persistence or lack of. -Arampage *procrastinator*

well check audiovault-you would be surprised what you can find-lots of ebooks etc.

You my friend are only limited by your persistence or lack of. -Arampage *procrastinator*

I have my other sources :D

Besides, I've found a pen and a piece of paper to be more interesting than any book or article recently. ;)

I have my other sources :D

Besides' date=' I've found a pen and a piece of paper to be more interesting than any book or article recently. ;)[/quote']

Egad!!!!!!! Introspection-the view of the world colored and disjointed by the eyes of one person .

Btw did you know that one pencil will draw a line 70 miles long?

Egad!!!!!!! Introspection-the view of the world colored and disjointed by the eyes of one person .

Btw did you know that one pencil will draw a line 70 miles long?

"egad for oh God in the late 17th century"

I knew you were different :D

Pen and paper cause great things to happen. As does reading to Tim Ferriss. Now' date=' watching Fox News? Not so much. Really, are you friggin morons kidding me?

Hold on' date=' let me shove the rest of my rant to the politics thread. I'm gonna scare people who haven't realized yet that the debt ceiling problem isn't quite as serious as some moronic idiots are portraying it

;)

lmao-do you (meaning we here in the broadest context) need to change every thread we are on to a epitaph of slapstick?

*bows humbly* A million apologies to the OP :o

lmao-do you (meaning we here in the broadest context) need to change every thread we are on to a epitaph of slapstick?

*bows humbly* A million apologies to the OP :o

:o:P

So books:

Read Tim Ferriss's 2 books

Read Ramit Sethi's book

Read Cal Newport's 2 books.

Probably the most important 5 books you should read

:o:P

So books:

Read Tim Ferriss's 2 books

Read Ramit Sethi's book

Read Cal Newport's 2 books.

Probably the most important 5 books you should read

Knew you were good for something...;)

My five books would be the

Bible

Koran

Rig Veda

To kill a Mockingbird

And a book of poems of your choice :)

Just want a person not blinkered behind the follies of mankind :)

That and someone to explain to me the tortoise bit!:D

You get lots of perspective and understanding from those books.

But my suggestions are more urgent and practical for people who are not yet in a position of great power and influence ;)

Agreed -a more realistic approach to living :)

Well, my idea is that once we've got our sh*t together, we have a better ability to fix the big problems around us - that's the time to go after the big ideas.

(please excuse the word..."shot" in there, it serves a purpose)

how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg

Great title but suspicious of its effectiveness.

I know people who've read it and they don't seem to be in control of their life at all.

Of course, having not read the book personally, I'm probably the wrong person to judge it.

• 2 months later...

I got a Kindle and it's quite sensational. The e-ink isn't a strain to read (like other tablets) and it's really light and convenient; you can read a book one-handed and turn pages without having to put down your brew :)

Anyhoo, I now need to fill it :P Got a bunch of the classics at no or very little cost: Sherlock Holmes, Catch-22, Three Men in a Boat, Dracula, War and Peace kinda thing.

I tend to like the adventure stuff like LOTR and Fleming's Bond books so has anyone got any suggestions?

I got a Kindle and it's quite sensational. The e-ink isn't a strain to read (like other tablets) and it's really light and convenient; you can read a book one-handed and turn pages without having to put down your brew :)

Anyhoo' date=' I now need to fill it :P Got a bunch of the classics at no or very little cost: Sherlock Holmes, Catch-22, Three Men in a Boat, Dracula, War and Peace kinda thing.

I tend to like the adventure stuff like LOTR and Fleming's Bond books so has anyone got any suggestions?[/quote']

One hand for the kindle,one hand for the brew,and two hands reqd for writing on the forum and boasting about Kindle:p,how many hands ya got?:eek:

Anyways,lame jokes aside,could anyone suggest any good fiction,thriller/suspense,action books on the WW and WW2.Also,any books written about the WW and WW2?