Sign in to follow this  
Stuart@Arsenal

somebody explain this?

i lose a game 2-1 with 60% of the ball

i have 27 shots

17 on target, 1 goal

my opponent has 3 shots

2 on target, 2 goals

my goalkeeper is man of the match and scores a 10. there keeper gets a 4.

why? explanation please because i'm not understanding this. surely my keeper was terrible?

Re: somebody explain this?

i have 27 shots

17 on target' date=' 1 goal

my opponent has 3 shots

2 on target, 2 goals

why? explanation please because i'm not understanding this. surely my keeper was terrible?[/quote']

Football is a funny old game!

i have 27 shots

17 on target' date=' 1 goal

my opponent has 3 shots

2 on target, 2 goals

why? explanation please because i'm not understanding this. surely my keeper was terrible?[/quote']

YEP, i hate when that happens to me!!!

Occasionally, as in real life, the side on top does not always get the win. This random factor, which does appear to be more common in SM than in real life to be fair, is an attempt to make sure that the game doenst simply always allow the best startig 11 with the right tactics to win and is an echo toward making the game as realistic as is possible.

Player stats really are to be ignored and dont really mean a great deal. The same can be said for shots and on target - however the one stat that does seem to generally relate to actual results is Possession - if you have more of the ball in SM you will generally see more positive results - and it is this side of the game you should focus on, laregley ignoring the rest.

Guess that doenst help explain why you didnt get the result you wanted with 60% possession though does it - what can i say, stuff happens!

thanks to everyone for trying to make sense of my non-sensical stats!

I think i'll stop looking at the stats then....you think posession really is accurate? I havnt really tried enough times with it to see the results as i had some weird ones, I lost games with over 70% of the ball when i've played slow and defensive. defensive seems to give around 55-65% posession, and playing slow ups it even more! though i've found that defensive is also more hit and miss with results. since managed clubs seem to always play normal, i've had better luck against them by playing the same way.....i.e this season i've lost to crawley town who have an average rating of 66 when my team was an 83 average rating by playing defensive and then beat them 8-2 playing normal.