Weight:-78 kgs.

Club:-Feyenoord

Squad no.:-2

Primary position:- RB

Secondary posistion:-CB

SM rating:-82

media_xl_68947.jpg

History

Stefan is the youngest son of Jan de Vrij who played for a local club known as VV Spirit.His older brothers Niels and Eric did play football in their youth, but weren't as talented as their youngest brother,and they didn't make the final cut.de Vrij has particapted in the U16 and U17 levels for the Oranje and was an integral part of the Dutch U17 team that finished 2nd in the 2009 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship.He played in the CB position and played every match,without being substituted,i.e. every minute of the tournament.

media_xl_68947.jpg

Current

Playing for Feyenoord, in the 2009/2010 season,being more of a fringe player he clocked 1356 minutes with 15 starts.However,in the 2010/2011 season he has come to become one of their most promising and important players already clocking 2165 minutes with 24 starts and scoring one goal and picking up five yellow card in the process.He is a very disciplined defender, not only having brilliant defensive capabilities, but also great attacking abilities.His rate of development is astonishingly high and is considered one of the best young defenders of Europe.Seeing his stats, de Vrij should easily get +2 if not +3 in the upcoming changes.

What now?

Though contracted to Feyenoord till the summer of 2012, de Vrij has already drawn the attention of one Europe's largest clubs,Arsenal.However,quite contradictorily he has expressed a future with Barcelona.However,Feyenoord have set a price of around 4 million pounds on him,which is very cheap for such a defender.However Arsenal have a higher chance of signing him as they have a pretty good relationship with Feyenoord ever since the transfer of Robin van Persie in 2004. The Gunners also recently farmed teenage sensation Ryo Miyaichi out on loan to Feyenoord for free.

177840_Stefan-de-Vrij.jpg

What to expect?

This:-

GT6WUjRx0a8

8RfuLMhd9do&feature=related

GT6WUjRx0a8&feature=related

zJ0YlGK51tc&feature=related

The future does look bright for Stefan.

Re: Stefan de Vrij-Next Oranje RB

i bought him some time ago as a riser. interesting post.

im surprised that he initially played as a CB, that is a positive in terms of defensive solidity obviously!

4 million is ridiculously cheap come to think of it. i dont know if he will go to arsenal but i do know that they need back up incase sagna needs a rest.

good write up, hope he can movce to a big club soon :)

a lot of hype nevers pays off but we will have to see. a young player getting game time is never a bad thing :)

i bought him some time ago as a riser. interesting post.

im surprised that he initially played as a CB' date=' that is a positive in terms of defensive solidity obviously!

4 million is ridiculously cheap come to think of it. i dont know if he will go to arsenal but i do know that they need back up incase sagna needs a rest.

good write up, hope he can movce to a big club soon :)

a lot of hype nevers pays off but we will have to see. a young player getting game time is never a bad thing :)[/quote']

4 million is incredibly cheap for a player of his standards.I rate him really highly,and he not failed to impress me.Only time will tell where he will end up.:D

Next Oranje RB? Can't see him beating Greg soon' date=' he's 3 years younger, and not good as Van Der Wiel is, but we'll see what happens.[/quote']

A move to Arsenal would deffo increase his chances.Anyway,he's just 19,turned that too last month,if you see his development,even you'd agree with me.You've just got to give him some time.

A move to Arsenal would deffo increase his chances.Anyway' date='he's just 19,turned that too last month,if you see his development,even you'd agree with me.You've just got to give him some time.[/quote']

Yeah, but remember that Gregory also is moving to a big club soon, and also remember that Greg has got more chance to play in the XI of a big club than Stefan, cuz Gregory is better at this moment. But De Vrij is one for the future. :P

And do you see Sagna being demoted if de Vrij comes in?

its a good thread, he is a riser and definate future talent.

however i do not see sanga being displaced. he, for me was the best right back in the league this season. at RB sanga is sure set to be a starter. LB is arsenals weak position, but sagna is first on the team sheet along with the likes of fabregas, RVP etc. that said arsenal have no cover for sagna.

edit: just remebered eboue, but he never plays such is sagna's consistency.

personally i wont expand on this anymore, until he actually moves there is very little point speculating as often media coverage is actually incorrect and the move never materialises.

Won't be the new Oranje RB as vd Wiel is just a few years older, think he won't ever really get a chance. But he certainly is talented and I'm sure he'll find his way to one of Europe's bigger clubs in the future. Though I hope he'll stay with Feyenoord for at least 1 or 2 more years so he can learn more. If you ask me, our Dutch talents should stay in Holland till at least the age of 20/21 when they had 2/3 season first team experience, significantly rises their chances on succeeding abroad imo.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd give a brief update on Stefan-

He's now clocked 2600 minutes,which I believe is the mos in Feyenoord and SM give him a measly +1.I'd definitely hold on to him as he certainly is one for the future and after his contract expires in summer next year will definitely move from Feyenoord ,to the leading candidates to sign him,Arsenal.

He still is very young,turned 19 his year and has a lot of potential and his development is outstanding.His maturity and versatility is amazing too.

I just hope to see him get his first cap for the Oranje soon.

Thought I'd give a brief update on Stefan-

He's now clocked 2600 minutes' date='which I believe is the mos in Feyenoord and SM give him a measly +1.I'd definitely hold on to him as he certainly is one for the future and after his contract expires in summer next year will definitely move from Feyenoord ,to the leading candidates to sign him,Arsenal.

He still is very young,turned 19 his year and has a lot of potential and his development is outstanding.His maturity and versatility is amazing too.

I just hope to see him get his first cap for the Oranje soon.[/quote']

i plan to keep hold of him, SM are trying to stop us buying risers by giving them rubbish rating changes.

its fine just keep them for longer.

+1 is a joke though, they are actually messing up any youth players.

lesser teams buy them expecting them to rise and get into their first team, now they will have to wait for an age, especially as SM review leagues rather slowly if past history is anything to go by.

i plan to keep hold of him' date=' SM are trying to stop us buying risers by giving them rubbish rating changes.

its fine just keep them for longer.

+1 is a joke though, they are actually messing up any youth players.

lesser teams buy them expecting them to rise and get into their first team, now they will have to wait for an age, especially as SM review leagues rather slowly if past history is anything to go by.[/quote']

What SM did was horrible.What is outrageous is hat fellow forumer jor ried getting a rating increase for Stefan and SM just ignored it.Quite incorrigible,SM.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: He has played all matches for Feye,clocking 720 minutes.He has played as CB for most matches,if I remember clearly,if Feye keep playing in the top 9,he should get a +2/+3 somewhat like Strootman got while at Utrecht.

This is the last year of his contract and he has been linked to Arsenal.If he does go there,no doubt that his development would increase tenfold.

• 1 year later...

He seems to be improving pretty finely and if I'm not wrong has had quite some oranje caps since my inactivity. Plus, if my memory isn't deceiving me, he also started against Romania about a fortnight ago.

Also since the last update I think he has become the captain of Feyenoord, who is also performing well in the domestic league.

He seems to be improving pretty finely and if I'm not wrong has had quite some oranje caps since my inactivity. Plus' date=' if my memory isn't deceiving me, he also started against Romania about a fortnight ago.

Also since the last update I think he has become the captain of Feyenoord, who is also performing well in the domestic league.[/quote']

Sadly/Happily he plays as a CB now.