Pedro or Kaka

craigm1984

Re: Pedro or Kaka

Here come all the Barca fanboys :P

Anyways here's how I see it:

Pedro - Sure he's a big talent and after his breakthrough he's been amazing, but imo he's a little overrated (just like Bale). Yes he's very good and he fits in perfectly well with the Barca play, but is he really as good as Higuain or Aguero? Imo he isn't so he shouldn't get the 94 (I'd say 93 really is the max for now), let alone reaching Villa's 96. He's very good and I'm sure he'd fit in your squad, but for now I'd say his rating is high enough.

Kaka - Hasn't been himself after joining Madrid, got injured for a while and never reached the level he is able to reach. And for that reason his career at Real seems to be reaching its end. But that might just be his rescue, why? Well for that we have to look at some ex-Madrid players: vd Vaart, Sneijder, Robben, Soldado. All of them have gotten better after leaving Madrid. vd Vaart is the main man at Spurs, Sneijder became one of the very best midfielders in the world after joining Inter, Robben was one of the (if not the only) biggest reasons Bayern was so succesful last season, Soldado has been scoring a lot of goals last three seasons after leaving Madrid. To make it short: All have become better after leaving Madrid. And that's exactly what I feel Kaka can do. Imo playing for Real puts huge pressure on you (pressure the current squad can handle with very well) and Kaka can't really handle it, but if he leaves Madrid he'll lose that pressure which might just lift his spirit.

I like Pedro a lot, but I'd gamble a little and go for Kaka. I think he'll leave Madrid at the end of the season (Milan would be more than happy to have him return btw) for a club where he'll be able to regain his old form. Okay he might never reach his 97 again, but I say 95/96 sure is possible, while I don't think Pedro deserves to be that high anytime soon.

Kaka is rated higher and got a pretty good assist against Tottenham so he still can play well but he is always subbed on and mostly never starts games like Ozil or Di Maria and for this Kaka could drop to 94 cause IMO he isnt currently on level with the likes of Sneijder and Fabregas. Pedro plays for Barca who win the cup almost every season and have a good chance to win the CL this year. Also Pedro is younger so Id go for him since he has plenty of time to rise although I will say he will have to even better now to get 94 but saying that we all know how easy starters rise at Barca like Pique up to 95 already within a year and Busquets up to 93 etc.

Here come all the Barca fanboys :P

Anyways here's how I see it:

Pedro - Sure he's a big talent and after his breakthrough he's been amazing' date=' but imo he's a little overrated (just like Bale). Yes he's very good and he fits in perfectly well with the Barca play, but is he really as good as Higuain or Aguero? Imo he isn't so he shouldn't get the 94 (I'd say 93 really is the max for now), let alone reaching Villa's 96. He's very good and I'm sure he'd fit in your squad, but for now I'd say his rating is high enough.

Kaka - Hasn't been himself after joining Madrid, got injured for a while and never reached the level he is able to reach. And for that reason his career at Real seems to be reaching its end. But that might just be his rescue, why? Well for that we have to look at some ex-Madrid players: vd Vaart, Sneijder, Robben, Soldado. All of them have gotten better after leaving Madrid. vd Vaart is the main man at Spurs, Sneijder became one of the very best midfielders in the world after joining Inter, Robben was one of the (if not the only) biggest reasons Bayern was so succesful last season, Soldado has been scoring a lot of goals last three seasons after leaving Madrid. To make it short: All have become better after leaving Madrid. And that's exactly what I feel Kaka can do. Imo playing for Real puts huge pressure on you (pressure the current squad can handle with very well) and Kaka can't really handle it, but if he leaves Madrid he'll lose that pressure which might just lift his spirit.

I like Pedro a lot, but I'd gamble a little and go for Kaka. I think he'll leave Madrid at the end of the season (Milan would be more than happy to have him return btw) for a club where he'll be able to regain his old form. Okay he might never reach his 97 again, but I say 95/96 sure is possible, while I don't think Pedro deserves to be that high anytime soon.[/quote']

Some very good points and qualified your argument very well but isnt that part of what a great player is all about, being able to handle the pressure of a big club such as madrid and excell. Most of the players you have mentiomed such as robben,vdv,sneider, etc have never in my knowledge had the rating awarded by sm as kaka has. Also i think with madrid it is often a case of if your face fits with the present president and manager which perhaps hasnt been the case with some that have left.

I do wonder how or if indeed kaka would fit into the barca side and wether it would be the system or his lesser ability than the players there, i doubt he would. So that drops him down a further level in terms of league and club quality simply because he isnt good enough like his predessors of madrids cast offs have had to do. vdv may be great at spurs, but no disrespect to them but theyre not madrid, nor is byern, milan or inter although last year in particular snjnider was inspired.

pedro. kaka is good now but is only able to play as an AM and i can see him dropping to 94/93 soon. he is just average right now.

pedro is more versatile as every position has wingers. unless you play 5-3-2 but yh ;)

pedro is younger on the way up' date=' kaka is old and on the way down.[/quote']

Great point that hasnt been mentioned, pedro,s versatility is further reason why he is a better prospect. I dont play with AM and when i took over a side with him in, he became the1st 95 plus player i had ever sold. We all play this game because it does replicate the football world so well and perhaps that is the problem with kaka. Perhaps you need to build a team around him and have him as the star/main man to get the best out of him. Thats why i dont believe many of the worlds top top clubs would compromise their footballing philosophy in order to accomodate such a limited player. Albeit great at his limitation.

My first instinct would be to go for Pedro. However i'm kinda on the same wavelength as Rooster with regards to Kaka.

He has had an awful time at Madrid but he has world class skill as he demonstrated at Milan and for Brazil. I think next season will be the real tester for Kaka, whether he stays at Madrid or not. I personaly think he will stay and i also think he will turn his form around at the end of this season and start to get back to his old self next season.

I agree with the comments made about great players are great because they can play at the biggest clubs and on the biggest stages. I think Kaka's form at Madrid has been distrupted due to injury and not because he can't handle the pressure of playing for Real.

I don't agree with every one pinning Kaka for a has been and a player that has lost it, in decline. However in the end i think that my instinct would actualy make the best choice and going for Pedro would be the best in the long term.

Some very good points and qualified your argument very well but isnt that part of what a great player is all about' date=' being able to handle the pressure of a big club such as madrid and excell. Most of the players you have mentiomed such as robben,vdv,sneider, etc have never in my knowledge had the rating awarded by sm as kaka has. Also i think with madrid it is often a case of if your face fits with the present president and manager which perhaps hasnt been the case with some that have left.

I do wonder how or if indeed kaka would fit into the barca side and wether it would be the system or his lesser ability than the players there, i doubt he would. So that drops him down a further level in terms of league and club quality simply because he isnt good enough like his predessors of madrids cast offs have had to do. vdv may be great at spurs, but no disrespect to them but theyre not madrid, nor is byern, milan or inter although last year in particular snjnider was inspired.[/quote']

No, I won't say any of the players I mentioned are as good as Kaka can be (Sneijder comes closest) and I already said that I don't think Kaka will ever get his 97 back. But what I mean to say is that all of the players mentioned had difficult times at Madrid, where their rating probably dropped (don't know as I didn't play SM at that time) and after they left Madrid they certainly became better (so their rating went up). And that's what I think Kaka will do too, if he leaves Madrid for a club like Milan I believe that he can regain his old form.

And yes its true that Bayern/Inter/Milan/Spurs aren't Madrid, but to compare Sneijder and Robben (vd Vaart was only this season, yes) you have to look back at last season. Last season there were no Ozils and Di Maria's (2 of the key players who brought Real so much this season imo) in Madrid and last season Sneijder and Robben got to the final of the Champions League, Madrid didn't. Last season Inter and Bayern were way ahead of Real Madrid and at that time, Kaka wasn't as good as he was at Milan. So if you compare their first seasons, Kaka did less after joining Madrid and Sneijder/Robben got way better after leaving Madrid. I'd say both of them were the main reasons for their team's successful last season.

Not to mention the world cup btw, where Holland defeated Brazil and got to the final :D (which we couldn't have done without Robben and Sneijder).