ryan2007

Dylan Tombides - New Kewell

Dylan Tombides

Club: West Ham United

Position: Striker

Nationality: Australian

D.O.B: 8 March 1994

Not on DB

Dylan has made such an impact at youth and reserve level that just last month or so he was brought with the first-team to a training camp in Europe. Like other young talents from here, he is said to be "the new Kewell". Definitely rated to have the potential to be a star striker for us at this level. He's scored 3 goals in 11 starts, 18 total at youth league level in a competitive young team, but it's at reserve level where he has made his mark over the rest of their youth stars at West Ham. In the reserves he has scored 3 goals in 7 appearances (4 starts), which contains a recent double against Arsenal. Has that feel about him and looks like a second striker type.

Apparently could have appeared for them recently if not for their current situation. Given their relegation fight I assume we'll have to wait until next season (mentioned in the media he could make debut at the end of season).

We will be able to see him first hand in the u17 WC! As he'd be a certainty to be added to the group that qualified (plus others).

Dylan Tombides Interview

RW_FTExuK0k

Note: He's the one with the red sort of boots.

Re: Dylan Tombides - New Kewell

I figured I would do an update on him.

He ended up sitting on the bench for West Ham's last game, but didn't get on. I guess that means he could still be added now, given a lot these days get added for making the bench?

As many would know he very much impressed in our game for the u17's this morning! :D Scoring the winner against Ivory Coast in what was a great performance by him individually. A clear standout for us.

Makarounas scored an awesome first goal (he's quality as well).

Here is some highlights below already uploaded from the game. Makarounas scoring around 1, 45 and Tombides around 2, 30.

E95CvyqyqiE

Swear I read that he was a left fullback... maybe its just because he is left footed.

Anyway gotten huge raps and hopefully he will debut in the Championship this season.

Really exciting time to be an Aussie with so much good talent coming through

Swear I read that he was a left fullback... maybe its just because he is left footed.

Anyway gotten huge raps and hopefully he will debut in the Championship this season.

Really exciting time to be an Aussie with so much good talent coming through

Hmm... Bradley Smith is the Australian LB in the England u17's (Liverpool). He has big wraps himself.

Tombides has wraps a bit like Kewell, but his style is a left forward or Central Striker when need be (he was playing as a striker up front in the first game). I was watching it on and off, but he was going floating a little back at times for more ball. Looked quite quick, especially when he made a run in the first-half and fired a bullet a bit over the bar.

Hmm... Bradley Smith is the Australian LB in the England u17's (Liverpool). He has big wraps himself.

Tombides has wraps a bit like Kewell' date=' but his style is a left forward or Central Striker when need be (he was playing as a striker up front in the first game). I was watching it on and off, but he was going floating a little back at times for more ball. Looked quite quick, especially when he made a run in the first-half and fired a bullet a bit over the bar.[/quote']

Yeah thats who i think i was confusing him with.

Got something like 3 goals in 2 games for the warm ups in the Under 17's World Cup.

Just hope he gets some game time for West Ham this season

A good second game against "The Mighty Brazil" in a 1-0 loss for us. He caused them some problems despite going for it on his own at times (couple of good chances at least, including one over the bar). We had a quality first half against them, but the second half was much better for Brazil. Didn't look much better a lot of the time considering they'd have one player worth more than what our whole squad would fetch on the European market.... Piazon didn't do much at all against us.

We were missing 15 year old Teeboy Kamara, who impressed off the bench in the first game. He was injured in training, but I hope he's alright for the 3rd group game.

For those unsure what JMH is talking about

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/young-australian-striker-dylan-tombides-back-in-cancer-battle/story-e6frfg8x-1226207018841

Poor lad. Hope he recovers ASAP. Been there with the cancer thing, different sort, but I know how it can ravage budding sporting careers.

Yes, apparently at the start of November or late October it was gone, but he has side effects and was waiting for them to clear, but the cancer has come back... Australia will be waiting and hoping and maybe one day him and his brother will both be Socceroo stars!