Javier Hernandez

Nani

Jack Wilshere

Seamus Coleman

Joe Hart

Who is your pic?

Nasri and Wilshere for me.

Re: PFA Player Of The Year

Nani would be in contention for the proper award so he should certainly win the young award.

I'd give the full award to Tevez or Vidic.

The lists are a bit farcical though...

Agree. I mean why isn't Berbatov on the list??:confused::confused:It must mean nothing now to be leading goalscorer in the best league in the world.

I know he doesn't do much and has many bad games but as I say he is leading scorer.

Agree. I mean why isn't Berbatov on the list??:confused::confused:It must mean nothing now to be leading goalscorer in the best league in the world.

I know he doesn't do much and has many bad games but as I say he is leading scorer.

Berbatov shouldn't be there. He's top scorer yes but has only really had 5 top class games. Bale shouldn't be in for the main award and Adam and Nasri are contentious. Kompany has been every bit as good as Vidic this season. Sagna's been more impressive than Nasri.

Berbatov shouldn't be there. He's top scorer yes but has only really had 5 top class games. Bale shouldn't be in for the main award and Adam and Nasri are contentious. Kompany has been every bit as good as Vidic this season. Sagna's been more impressive than Nasri.

Van der Vaart is lucky to be there considering he's done nothing for a few months as well.

From that list, I'd say only Parker, Tevez and Vidic actually deserve it. :confused:

No idea how Nasri can be nominated in both whereas Nani is only in young player?

Can't see young player going to anyone else other than Wilshere.

Typical EPL haters will say he's overrated due to the vasts amounts of praise/hype he's received this season,but he deserves every bit of it.

Games against Barcelona spring to mind, didn't look far off Xavi's standards in them games, but judging his season so far on just them two games is unfair as he's played at a consistent level all season. Not to mention he's become an England regular at just 19 years of age.

As for the main prize, Parker should be getting it, but can't see it happening as he plays for a 'small club'. Why not though? Certainly deserves it. If you look at West Ham's position a couple of months ago, they were destined for the Championship, but for all the money they had spent, Parker has still been their best player all season. I'd like to see him get this award as nearly all the others have top class players around them, Ba has been good for West Ham, but Parker's been immense.

Vidic? he looks like a red card every game he plays atm' date=' dunno if hes lost pace or his positional sense, but hes way off imo - [b']surprised Rooneys not on the list[/b]

Tevez and either Wilshere or Hernandez

Why? He was terrible in the first half of the season. :confused:

Why? He was terrible in the first half of the season. :confused:

Bale = since games against Inter - before then average and since then hit and miss

Adam = looks great because of who he plays with

Parker = 1/2 a season the rest struggled

He has as much as a claim as those 3 and Vidic - also he was providing assists then which is the sign of a good forward player, scores and assists is what its about.

Comparing Wilshere to Xavi is an absolute insult to the best midfielder on the planet.

Tell me this' date=' does it make any sense to compare a raw 16 year old midfielder, who has yet to even play 45 minutes of proffesional football, to one of the greatest midfielder's of all time?

I was just using Xavi as a scale to show how far Wilshere has come on this season.

Bale = since games against Inter - before then average and since then hit and miss

Adam = looks great because of who he plays with

Parker = 1/2 a season the rest struggled

He has as much as a claim as those 3 and Vidic - also he was providing assists then which is the sign of a good forward player' date=' scores and assists is what its about.[/quote']

Come on Simon, that's a pretty useless basis for an argument. I fully agree that Bale shouldn't be in there, but the other three are more than reasonable nominees. Adam and Parker have been influential to their team's seasons, you can't deny that. You may argue that they're simply "MOTD players", but they have played very very well this season. Besides, even if Rooney has played better than those 3/4 players, does that mean he deserves to be shortlisted? Hell no. Ask yourself - has Rooney been one of the best six players this season? Not even close. You could say the same about some of the others, but that doesn't mean Rooney deserves a vote.

At the end of the day, regardless of the amount of goals he was setting up (which wasn't that many), he hasn't been player-of-the-season standard for 3/4 of the year. Only in the last month, two tops, has he been back to - or near - his best.

For what it's worth, my POTY nominees would be:

Vidic

Kompany

Tevez

Nani

Parker

Silva/Adam

Tell me this' date=' does it make any sense to compare a raw 16 year old midfielder, who has yet to even play 45 minutes of proffesional football, to one of the greatest midfielder's of all time?

I was just using Xavi as a scale to show how far Wilshere has come on this season.

Still an insult. I doubt Wilshere will ever reach Xavi standard.

Parker - without him this season I feel West Ham would defienitly be in the championship next season. He has played consistently brilliantly all season for them and has inspired them back up the table. I'm hoping he gets a move away in the summer to a bigger team as his chances at Chelsea were limited and I feel he can produce good football right at the top. Hard working modest guy and should be included in the England team a he'll of alot more in selections to come i hope.

Hernandez - to many of us Hernandez was a relative unknown before man united picked him up before the world cup , his turn of pace and ability to play off the last man has impressed me this season and as a striker coming to a top team in the league he's made it look easy how he's settled in when in reality its usually a he'll of a lot harder.

Some decent candidates though I would say Adam deserves it just as much as Parker and Wilshere as much as Hernandez but all 4 have been brilliant.

I think Hernandez or Nani should win young player of the year, both have been very good this season. Surprised nani isnt in the main list.

The main list isnt great imo, none of them have had played fantastic all season apart from maybe Adam but i cant honestly believe he could be player of he season. I think that Tevez has been the most consistent out of all of them.

Main-Tevez

Young-Hernandez

Vidic? he looks like a red card every game he plays atm' date=' dunno if hes lost pace or his positional sense, but hes way off imo - surprised Rooneys not on the list

Tevez and either Wilshere or Hernandez[/quote']

Rooney you mad?

Would go with

YPFA - Hernandez (:eek: Arsenal Fan saying this! :rolleyes:)

PFA - Hard one, no one has shone out. Tevez/Nasri/Bale

umm, Giggs has been at his best compare to recent season - Even Bobby Charlton said so! He can play anywhere (LB to striker when need)

Maybe he shouldn't win it, others have had better seasons (Nasri and Tevez), Van Der Vaart and bale have done sod all since there injuries and Giggs has been very consistent

Anyway. Nasri for PFA and either Hernandez or Wilshere for YPFA

Rooney you mad?

Would go with

YPFA - Hernandez (:eek: Arsenal Fan saying this! :rolleyes:)

PFA - Hard one' date=' no one has shone out. Tevez/Nasri/Bale[/quote']

Why Bale,IMO Rooney has been better then Bale this season.

Bale impressed me versus Inter and in other few games,but he had long term injury,and after that he isnt like before,at least in my humble opinion.