Retiring?

Ghost

Long story short, i have a very young team.

AFC Bournemouth - English Championship 1313

I log on today to find out i have a 22 year old retiring. Is this a joke or a bug?

I have searched other teams and many others have VERY young players retiring.

Obviously this is about as unrealistic as you can get. If this isnt a bug, im quiting the game.

I will look for something a little more realistic....

Re: Retiring?

Don't think that's really strange tbh. Probably some kid who realized he won't make it to the real high levels of football and he doesn't want to spend the next 10 years of his life training 4 times a week etc etc.

If you quit football and get a dayjob you'd probably have a lot more freedom (no more worrying about alcohol, food, training etc).

Its a pitty if its someone from your team though.

Long story short' date=' i have a very young team.

I log on today to find out i have a 22 year old retiring. Is this a joke or a bug?

Obviously this is about as unrealistic as you can get. If this isnt a bug, im quiting the game.

I will look for something a little more[b'] realistic[/b]....

Well if he retired in real life what could be more realistic :rolleyes:

Long story short' date=' i have a very young team.

I will look for something a little more realistic....[/quote']

I don't see where the issue is here, plenty of players retire early either due to persistent bad injuries or they have been released by their club and can't find a new one. One of my players is retiring at the end of the season and he's only 26. Personally i think this makes SM more realistic because if they chose to ignore any retirement under the age of 30 it would be very unrealistic.

I think there might be something going on actually. Iv had 3 latvian players retiring on me this week also and there ages are 23,26 and 33 respectively.

They have not played recently according to transfermarkt but they definitely have clubs but clubs that are not on the database (german regional division and latvian 2nd I think!) and they have chosen to just retire them instead of making them free agents. Presumably they checked the latvian league to update it a bit. Slightly annoying as I cant even release them.

EDIT: Seems there is something going on. Just had a search and there is a number of threads like this in the past few days with loads and all kinds of low rated players in generally obscurer leagues retiring. They are attempting to streamline the database but wrongly as many of these players are still at clubs.

I've actually had players retire who had clubs at a young age, yet they left their clubs during the season for different reasons. Heck, some young kid from I think the Uruguayan 3rd division retired to do something with horses, but SM can't have them retire until the season ends. Most likely it is the case that they find they can't make it, they don't make enough at these "obscure" small leagues that pay them what day job workers make.

They are attempting to streamline the database but wrongly as many of these players are still at clubs.

This is why i was a bit cheesed off, being a division 3 team (was 4) i cant afford to lose players. :(

I paid hard earned cash for him lol.

I`ve just logged on to one of my teams to find 19 out of 24 first team players are retiring:mad:

Some of the players i have not long signed and most of them are young players:mad:

Cases like this i would suggest sending a polite and informative support ticket under the bug section enquiring about the issue.