• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Revision for Exams

So glad my maths exam is at 1:00pm tomorrow as it gives me time before to do some hardcore revision :P
Haha that's what I was thinking! :D
Same mate ' date=' I'm gonna do like 5 practice papers tonight :)[/quote']

I'm guessing you're all doing Edexcel:)

For the higher paper, the grade boundaries seem alright, however it slightly changes every year

Hate doing direct/inverse proportions :(

US History? Ridiculously easy huh?

Yes it is pretty easy, nothing complicated. It was only the other day aswell, so it's nothing new to me anyway.

But it's just about answering the questions correctly, which i would be fairly confident of doing had i not missed the lessons that they went over this for due to being ill. Just going to try and get some past papers from somewhere, even though i'm not sure if it's AQA or WJEC, and see if i'm able to answer the questions :o:)

I know everything on the topic, after about 2 hours revision or something so it's not hard. And the test is only an hour, but the main revision needed is on how to answer questions.

I'm guessing you're all doing Edexcel:)

For the higher paper' date=' the grade boundaries seem alright, however it slightly changes every year

Hate doing direct/inverse proportions :([/quote']

Im doing the Ocr paper :)

and recently made the move to foundation from higher the reasons being i've has some problems with my teachers who have just been completly useless probley the worst department of teachers at my school and it was unlikley due to me struggling in maths the last two years that id be able to get anything higher than a C so i didnt wanna risk failing because i didnt know some of the higher stuff.

the people who are doing history on Tuesday are you doing the Cold War Related Questions ?

Im doing the Ocr paper :)

and recently made the move to foundation from higher the reasons being i've has some problems with my teachers who have just been completly useless probley the worst department of teachers at my school and it was unlikley due to me struggling in maths the last two years that id be able to get anything higher than a C so i didnt wanna risk failing because i didnt know some of the higher stuff.

the people who are doing history on Tuesday are you doing the Cold War Related Questions ?

I've heard that, out of all the exam boards.. OCR is one of the hardest. Good luck though:)

If your doing Edexcel higher paper, my teacher told me these are most likely going to be the grade boundaries..

Each paper is out of 100, so..

C - 35

B - 51

A - 75

A* - 89/90

Something along those lines anyway. Just hoping an easy paper turns up:D

I've heard that' date=' out of all the exam boards.. OCR is one of the hardest. Good luck though:)[/b']

If your doing Edexcel higher paper, my teacher told me these are most likely going to be the grade boundaries..

Each paper is out of 100, so..

C - 35

B - 51

A - 75

A* - 89/90

Something along those lines anyway. Just hoping an easy paper turns up:D

thats another reason i dropped to foundation :P

been trying a few pratice papers and i finished in about 30-45 minutes with the test being 2 hours i should be able to get some decent sleep ;)

Nope, well at least i hope not. I've been told i'm only doing

1. political and social challenges

2. American culture and society/rise and fall of american economy

Well i hope that's the case anyway - i've learned the cold war, but there's no exam on it so i'm really confused.

Nope' date=' well at least i hope not. I've been told i'm only doing

1. political and social challenges

2. American culture and society/rise and fall of american economy

Well i hope that's the case anyway - i've learned the cold war, but there's no exam on it so i'm really confused.[/quote']

think thats the other half of the test what i dont have to do you on Aqa?

Well this is the exam that i think i'm doing

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/papers/s10-0165-06.pdf

It's WJEC apparantly. I think it's easier than the cold war' date=' even though it's been a while since we learned the work.[/quote']

we're not doing the same test mines structured diffrent to that :)

and in all honesty i've found the cold war much easier the little facts and figures stick in my head and i find it more intresting than all the Us side of the coruse :)

Probably just done the hardest maths exam of my life :(:mad:

Done the mock for this (is that the Y11 final exam? :confused:) a year early, only got a B so got dropped down though.

Got to be getting an A in this History tommorow though, pretty easy stuff and you only need 72% to get an A. But i'll be doing 3 and a half hours at least revision tonight so i'm prepared :)

Done the mock for this (is that the Y11 final exam? :confused:) a year early' date=' only got a B so got dropped down though.

Got to be getting an A in this History tommorow though, pretty easy stuff and you only need 72% to get an A. But i'll be doing 3 and a half hours at least revision tonight so i'm prepared :)[/quote']

Yeah, it was our final year 11 exam.. which was horribly hard imo. Looking at past papers - previous years were much easier

Hopefully Edexcel lower the grade boundaries though

i dont know why i was worrying at all Ocr Foundation Maths was so easy you would expect the questions to get harder as you went through however about half way through this was the question:

17 is a odd number , what are the two odd numbers directly before and after 17

i nearly wet myself however i do feel i could have done better but i totally forgot how two do 2 of the questions so thats 6 marks down the drain, still finished in 35 minutes ended up just shading in the last question perefectly for 10 minutes then went to sleep :P