Revision for Exams

Elton

Re: Revision for Exams

Year 10 exam' date=' cause i had that today. And that's just completely wrong - even the question.

I think the question would have been something like (√12 - √3)2 and from there you go:

= (√12 - √3)(√12 - √3)

= 12 - √36 - √36 - 3

= 12-6-6-3

= -3

It's something like that anyway, certainly doesn't come out with a surd as the answer.

I thought it was really easy though, definatly will have got at least a B. Only 3 exams left, IT Friday and then Biology & Chemistry a week today. Can't wait untill these are over then i can enjoy thinking about the Swans over the summer :)[/quote']

You doing AQA higher?

And I don't remember there being a square in it, as everyone I spoke to said they ended up with root 150 and root 6 ;)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WJEC higher i think. Guess it was a different type of question really :P

That'll explain it then :)

I got stuck on the first question though, but apart from that I managed to get through everything well enough, hopefully I'll get the same as I got in Unit 1, then I have Unit 3 with trigonometry and stuff like that to look forwards to :(

Had two exams today' date=' Science and Italian.

Half the things on science we didn't even learn I was like DUDE WTH LOL.

Italian I am defs failing as I didn't have a dictionary whilst 70% of the exam was translating..[/quote']

I learned everything in that science exam! your teachers may need some work!

Had my last A2 exams today, COMP3 in the morning and FP2 in the afternoon (anyone doing further maths or wanting to do it next year?). Not mightily relieved though as results day is less than two months away but if it all goes well then I'll be going to Queen Mary next year so staying down in London but it'll be worth it to go to one of the best unis in the country.

• 1 month later...

hehe' date=' Mate stick with the C!

Thats what I did anyway. Grats

Concentrate on something else![/quote']

My year took our GCSE's a year early so I still have plenty of time to improve, happy for the moment though :)

Will concentrate on my math, passing that is a must if I want to get into the college of my choice!

To all those who got their GCSE's. Its probably been said a hundred times already, but seriously. Aslong as you do enough to get into college / sixth form ( If your looking to go down the further education route ), it really does not matter.

Jobs dont ask for specifics, and if they do it usually means you have to have a A-C in the core modules ( Eng, Maths, Sci ).

So if you done enough to get into college / sixth form, go celebrate :)

I'm buzzing at the moment 4 A's and 6 C's five of which where at foundation. Very Pleased with my results as ive got enough to get into college. Was surprised I didn't fail science considering I only awnsered half the questions :P

Have to say my English has gone up to a C mainly down to this Forum as it has greatly improved my Spelling and Grammer. Overall very happy hope you've all got what you wanted/needed now off to the Toby Cavery for a celebration meal :D

To all those who got their GCSE's. Its probably been said a hundred times already' date=' but seriously. Aslong as you do enough to get into college / sixth form ( If your looking to go down the further education route ), it really does not matter.

Jobs dont ask for specifics, and if they do it usually means you have to have a A-C in the core modules ( Eng, Maths, Sci ).

So if you done enough to get into college / sixth form, go celebrate :)[/quote']

In my case I got enough to get onto my course at college. :)

English - D

Maths - C

Science - D

Considering i missed a whole year of school that's like A's and B's for me. So pretty pleased with that.

Hopefully you got the grades to get into college.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my results back today for the half way point, which is over half way in some subjects :)

I did Science exams, a Math exam, Geography and History in June and did pretty well I think :)

Subject UMS Grade

Geography 146/150 A*

History 86/ 90 or 100 A*

Maths Unit 1 70/ 80 A

Unit 2 89/100 A (one off an A*!)

Biology Unit 1 A 42/50 A

Chemistry Unit 1 A 48/50 A*

Chemistry Unit 1 B 50/50 :eek: A*

Physics Unit 1 B 45/50 A*

And I was ill on the date of Bio 1B and Phy 1A, Im doing them in November :)

I got my results back today for the half way point' date=' which is over half way in some subjects :)

I did Science exams, a Math exam, Geography and History in June and did pretty well I think :)

Subject UMS Grade

Geography 146/150 A*

History 86/ 90 or 100 A*

Maths Unit 1 70/ 80 A

Unit 2 89/100 A (one off an A*!)

Biology Unit 1 A 42/50 A

Chemistry Unit 1 A 48/50 A*

Chemistry Unit 1 B 50/50 :eek: A*

Physics Unit 1 B 45/50 A*

And I was ill on the date of Bio 1B and Phy 1A, Im doing them in November :)[/quote']

Seem to be doing something similar to you, but you absoloutely beasted your exams :eek: I got 2 A's and 5 B's in my end of year exams, which i'm more than happy with :)

Forgot to post my GCSE results. I got 3 A*s, 5 A's and 2B's. So, was absolutely delighted as I was expecting mainly B's with a couple of A's. Anyway started sixth form college today and have taken Biology, Law, Business Studies and Geography for AS levels. My first day was pretty good and have got a lot of mates from my high school in my lessons, so it's pretty good.

Seem to be doing something similar to you' date=' but you absoloutely beasted your exams :eek: I got 2 A's and 5 B's in my end of year exams, which i'm more than happy with :)[/quote']

I've got French, German and English assessments in two weeks as week :)

Thanks but I'm not looking forward to having to do my history controlled assessment, it's horrible :/

And well done on your results :)

What I find really difficult though is not the exams, it's talking to your mates who did not do as well as you. My best mate got an A, a C and a few Ds and an E, and I had no idea what to say when I had done better than him :/

So I just had to say well done and you tried your best,which wasn't nice :(

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here good at A Level Physics, need help with calculating Specific charge.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, figured it out myself :)

Physics is pretty dam hard so far, even more complicated than Maths, IT looks pretty simple and easy since it interlinks with Business that I know about from GCSE and Product Design looks great, can't wait till I get to making and designing my work :)

Archived