Revision for Exams

Elton

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Revision for Exams

It was easy' date=' easy, easy, hard, easy, hard, yeah I don't even know how to answer that last question :P

Seriously though, thanks for asking :D

I think I've got more questions right than I have wrong if you want to look at it like that haha :)[/quote']

You'll do OK, and at least you attempted every question because if you don't and leave on out, you could lose out on 1-2 marks which are pivotal.

Like when I was one mark off a B in one Science exam, and in another I was one mark off an A :o

Just re-discovered this thread. I'm actually a student again so I can relate. :)

Not as stressing in university though than in high school. Generally, I focus on three concepts.

1. About exams: Start preparation early, and finish it waaaaay too early. Result: minimal stress

2. If there's no time to start early, it means I'm taking too many things. So I reduce the number of classes I'm taking.

3. Use the extra time to pursue things of interest, ideally those that have potential to lead to brilliant achievements.

End result: Less stress, higher achievement, more happiness, and more focus on things that matter. Oh, and I might end up creating something useful with that extra time as well. :D

Just re-discovered this thread. I'm actually a student again so I can relate. :)

Not as stressing in university though than in high school. Generally' date=' I focus on three concepts.

1. About exams: Start preparation early, and finish it waaaaay too early. Result: minimal stress

2. If there's no time to start early, it means I'm taking too many things. So I reduce the number of classes I'm taking.

3. Use the extra time to pursue things of interest, ideally those that have potential to lead to brilliant achievements.

End result: Less stress, higher achievement, more happiness, and more focus on things that matter. Oh, and I might end up creating something useful with that extra time as well. :D[/quote']

wow!:eek: sounds absolutely brilliant mate..being a procrastinator Maximus couple with a lack of discipline- I leave it to the last possible week,,day..second. I don't really sit down and revise but actually research the course material as we go along in the class. That way I end up with stuff I really understand rather than regurgitating memorized text in areas except Maths. A brilliant site for help with Maths is http://www.khanacademy.org/ not sure if its mentioned here before.

Best of luck..

Had a maths exam monday, 30% of my final gsce and found it really easy. Hardest topic was proportion and the revision needed was only really practise, when it's usually revising formulas which can be hard so found it fairly easy.

Got mocks to revise for at December but i do get study leave whilst i'm doing the mocks which will help :)

Had a maths exam monday' date=' 30% of my final gsce and found it really easy. Hardest topic was proportion and the revision needed was only really practise, when it's usually revising formulas which can be hard so found it fairly easy.

Got mocks to revise for at December but i do get study leave whilst i'm doing the mocks which will help :)[/quote']

What you get Study leave! :eek: not fair!

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't get it last year mind in my first set of mock exams. My study leave is only during the exams though' date=' so basically i only have to come in when i have mock exams in the week and a half or so in December.[/quote']

You get study leave for mocks? B)

I got two days study leave for my mocks and had an exam in the morning then one in the afternoon for each , so enough time to pop down the chippy and play some football :P

Wouldn't even worry about GCSE done hardly any work in class and hardly any revision outside (few hours for each) and got okay grades

You get study leave for mocks? B)

I got two days study leave for my mocks and had an exam in the morning then one in the afternoon for each ' date=' so enough time to pop down the chippy and play some football :P

Wouldn't even worry about GCSE done hardly any work in class and hardly any revision outside (few hours for each) and got okay grades[/quote']

That's bsically what i did today with some mates. Had a fairly ok English exam in the morning, had to do a Welsh exam in the afternoon and played football and went down the chip shop in between.

Only got 5 mocks over the next two weeks, so i end up having more or less a five day weekend next week after i've finished all my exams whilst most people of 8 or 9. My Science mock tommorow morning is going to be solid though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My AS Exams start this wednesday and I've got two in the same day (Biology and Business Studies.) Quite confident with my business as I got A's in both my mocks, but dreading biology. Need to do well in biology, as I want to train to be a Physio at Uni, but it's so hard. I understand it, but when it comes to past papers and something is worded differently I panic and make a mess of it and drop silly marks on questions I know. Got law and geography next week aswell.

Good luck to anyone with exams coming up .:)

Archived