Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

Anyone on here applied through UCAS this year? If so any of you had any luck with offers?

I've applied for computing courses and I've only heard back from two of my five at the moment, which are conditional offers from John Moores and Hope University.

Waiting on:

Edge Hill

Manchester Met

Chester University.

John Moores is/was going to be my first choice so pleased with that, just need to get 260 ucas now.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on here applied through UCAS this year? If so any of you had any luck with offers?

I've applied for computing courses and I've only heard back from two of my five at the moment' date=' which are conditional offers from John Moores and Hope University.

Waiting on:

Edge Hill

Manchester Met

Chester University.

John Moores is/was going to be my first choice so pleased with that, just need to get 260 ucas now.[/quote']

Well done on your offers :) Good luck for any exams too!

I've applied for straight Economics and managed to get four offers so far, including the universities which I'm likely to use as my firm and insurance so I'm not too worried about the fifth one :)

I've applied for computing courses and I've only heard back from two of my five at the moment' date=' which are conditional offers from John Moores and Hope University.

Waiting on:

Edge Hill

Manchester Met

Chester University.

John Moores is/was going to be my first choice so pleased with that, just need to get 260 ucas now.[/quote']

I have had all my offers back, I have four for quantity surveying in:

John Moores

Northumbria

Salford

UCLAN

and one for Building Surveying in John Moores.

Probably going with John Moores as I don't really want to move out my house and its only 10 minutes away from my house, if I get the train.

Well done on your offers :) Good luck for any exams too!

I've applied for straight Economics and managed to get four offers so far' date=' including the universities which I'm likely to use as my firm and insurance so I'm not too worried about the fifth one :)[/quote']

Congratulations mate, where have you applied too?

I have had all my offers back' date=' I have four for quantity surveying in:

John Moores

Northumbria

Salford

UCLAN

and one for Building Surveying in John Moores.

Probably going with John Moores as I don't really want to move out my house and its only 10 minutes away from my house, if I get the train.[/quote']

John Moores is a definite for me as well mate.

Have you guys signed up to yougo? Pretty handy site to make friends with people applying to the same course as you.

Also I'm unsure whether to apply for student finance, as I'll need to get a bus pass for sure, so that will cost a fair bit, and I'll probably need my own laptop which I currently don't have.

Had two exams today, media and maths.

Media was alright, not sure what I'll be getting tbh. Straight after, had Maths which was a killer IMO, C1 paper today was much harder than the past papers I've been doing.. seems like I'll be re-taking this come June. Didn't even get a break, my hand was killing :confused::mad:

Oh well, sort of free now.. But going to try and catch up on coursework, and try get a start on C2, seems like I left revision to the last minute for C1 :o

Had two exams today' date=' media and maths.

Media was alright, not sure what I'll be getting tbh. Straight after, had Maths which was a killer IMO, C1 paper today was much harder than the past papers I've been doing.. seems like I'll be re-taking this come June. Didn't even get a break, my hand was killing :confused::mad:

Oh well, sort of free now.. But going to try and catch up on coursework, and try get a start on C2, seems like I left revision to the last minute for C1 :o[/quote']

You didn't have a break at all? That's unusual, also a bit unfair really, you had no time to clear your thoughts and probably mentally tired before it even began.

Normally in my school we have set times at 9am and 1:30am. The only time I think we'd have to do one directly after would be if we had to do three tests in one day.

You didn't have a break at all? That's unusual' date=' also a bit unfair really, you had no time to clear your thoughts and probably mentally tired before it even began.

Normally in my school we have set times at 9am and 1:30am. The only time I think we'd have to do one directly after would be if we had to do three tests in one day.[/quote']

Well after the media exam, they allowed us to stand up and stretch for a min - not sure whether that counts as a break, then straight after, our maths exam was handed out.

That's probably why I couldn't think for some of the questions :o Oh well, seems like I'll be having a busy June/July - with retakes + exams :(

Got a C in maths which was the highest I could get on the foundation paper :D

I've put myself forward for the higher paper for the end of the school year' date=' just to try and get a B. No worries though, if I fail, I always have the C to fall back on! Still delighted :)[/quote']

Year 11 maths mark?

I got mine back yesterday, got 58/60 and an A* :)

Had two exams today' date=' media and maths.

Oh well, sort of free now.. But going to try and catch up on coursework, and try get a start on C2, seems like I left revision to the last minute for C1 :o[/quote']

Yeah that Maths exam sounds like my Business exam I had on wednesday. All the past papers were really easy, like I got 55/60 on what was meant to be the hardest past paper which we did as a one of our mocks. But, the exam on wednesday was really tough and the last question which was worth a quarter of the marks was so poorly written.

Year 11 maths mark?

I got mine back yesterday' date=' got 58/60 and an A* :)[/quote']

Clever clogs :P

Just kidding, well done mate, thats brilliant! C was the top I could get (doing the foundation), but the sky's the limit now with me being entered for the higher paper before the summer holidays. I think B's my personal limit really, but I'm happy with that :)

Yeah that Maths exam sounds like my Business exam I had on wednesday. All the past papers were really easy' date=' like I got 55/60 on what was meant to be the hardest past paper which we did as a one of our mocks. But, the exam on wednesday was really tough and the last question which was worth a quarter of the marks was so poorly written.[/quote']

I also did a business exam on Wednesday.. lol what board?

Back in my day kids has respect for their elders :(

Im only 22 mind :P off into town for my GF's birthday party tonight! Enjoy reading your books while im living it up ;)

Lets get this party starteddddddddddddddddd B)

Enjoy your night shack!

I suppose while you're recovering from a hangover tommorow, I'll also be at a birthday party as well :P

Let's get this party starteddddddddddddddddd B)

Enjoy your night shack!

I suppose while you're recovering from a hangover tommorow' date=' I'll also be at a birthday party as well :P

Let's get this party starteddddddddddddddddd B)[/quote']

Oh i dont plan on moving out of bed tomorrow :P

And i think the party im going to may be a bit different to your one with cheese and pinapples on sticks and a clown making balloon animlas ;)

And wooo im in the 1%... full time employment ftw B)

Oh i dont plan on moving out of bed tomorrow :P

And i think the party im going to may be a bit different to your one with cheese and pinapples on sticks and a clown making balloon animlas ;)

And wooo im in the 1%... full time employment ftw B)

I don't think you realise what teenage parties are like nowadays :P