Revision for Exams

Elton

Re: Revision for Exams

I have next week and a contingency week after half term to finish mine' date=' done about 70% of it and finished Assignment 1 & 2 (got to correct my Development a bit more though) so far, now I'm just going to start to finish my Assignment 3. Then after that I gotta do some revision for the exam.

Wow, the teachers must've been awful if you dropped Physics for English :eek::P[/quote']

Out of curiosity, what you making for your practical?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems alot tbh' date=' I'm making a lamp for kids :)[/quote']

Yeah it is, made a very slow start to my practical work until I realised just how much work I needed to do but now I'm on course to finish next week. And I was going to do a reading lamp but didn't like the idea of making the circuit for mine so I just left it :P

• 1 month later...

Got my first batch of AS results back today and pretty disappointed, getting C's in all four of my subjects (Business Studies, Biology, Law and Geography.) It could have been worse, just means I'm going to have to work a lot harder for my summer exams and re-sit probably two of them.

Went to some Uni conference on Monday and have decided I want to train to be a Physiotherapist. Definitely want to move away, but want to stay close-ish to home. So far my favourites are Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam, Keele, Salford and Leicester. Most seem to be looking for either 1 A and 2 B's or 3 B's, so I'm definitely going to have to prepare better for my summer exams.

Anyone else get results back today?

Got my first batch of AS results back today and pretty disappointed' date=' getting C's in all four of my subjects (Business Studies, Biology, Law and Geography.) It could have been worse, just means I'm going to have to work a lot harder for my summer exams and re-sit probably two of them.

Went to some Uni conference on Monday and have decided I want to train to be a Physiotherapist. Definitely want to move away, but want to stay close-ish to home. So far my favourites are Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield Hallam, Keele, Salford and Leicester. Most seem to be looking for either 1 A and 2 B's or 3 B's, so I'm definitely going to have to prepare better for my summer exams.

Anyone else get results back today?[/quote']

Was going to post mine before, but was slightly annoyed. I got a C in Maths, C in Media and a D in Business.

Well dissapointed with the results, as was most of my friends - some even got E's and U's :o Will be re-sitting all three tbh :o

Deffo gonna start doing much more work and revision over the coming weeks, as my results are appalling :o

Was going to post mine before' date=' but was slightly annoyed. I got a C in Maths, C in Media and a D in Business.

Well dissapointed with the results, as was most of my friends - some even got E's and U's :o Will be re-sitting all three tbh :o

Deffo gonna start doing much more work and revision over the coming weeks, as my results are appalling :o[/quote']

I know, think I need to get out of "GCSE mode", thinking I can ease every exam with little revision. Were you quite close to the grade above in any of yours? I was two marks off a B in Geog and 1 mark off a B in Business. Really annoying, but hopefully I'll do better in the next exam and even them out. I need to start revising like 2 months in advance before an exam rather than like 2 days.

I didn't do as bad as I thought i did but got a B in History and B in Business however very annoyed with myself that I got a U in Law tbh I was expecting a bad mark the way the day of the test planed out was incredible stressful for me will defo be re sitting as I enjoy Law a lot and feel I should be getting a C at least.

I do IT as well but have given up tbh hate the subject and the topics havent bothered with Unit Two waiting to drop it :P

• 3 weeks later...

Stop cheating. If i was your teacher' date=' i'd give you the cane.[/quote']

It's not cheating.

Wouldn't you be better off asking your teacher than people on the forum? ;)

Have no idea how to contact my teacher during the weekend though.. :o

Anyhow, I've managed to use youtube and successfully make a break-even chart :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on study leave now :D:o' date=' But got English tomorrow! Anyone how it works with what % your folio is of your final grade?[/quote']

From what Ive heard, your Close Reading goes along with your 3 discurrsive essays in your folio. My guess is that the folio is worth 50% though.

Dont know for sure.

For English your grade is made up of 1/3 for each of Writing, Reading & Talking:

Talking is comprised purely of your best solo talk.

Reading is the 3 reading essays in your folio (usually C.E.L.s) added with your close reading paper that you sit in the exam.

Writing is the 2 writing essays in your folio (can be discursive, imaginative, creative) along with the timed essay you do in the exam.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

How are everybody's exams going then? I've only got five A2 exams' date=' but I've left revision a bit late and my first exam is on the 31st, panicking a bit now :o Luckily I've then got a bit of a break until the 12th June, fun times![/quote']

You'll be fiiiiine! I start mine on Monday and don't really have a good grasp of that :P The joys of leaving projects too late and them eating into revision time!

How are everybody's exams going then? I've only got five A2 exams' date=' but I've left revision a bit late and my first exam is on the 31st, panicking a bit now :o Luckily I've then got a bit of a break until the 12th June, fun times![/quote']

Alright since you're asking :P, done 5 got three left thank god next one is not till next Tuesday.

What subjects are you doing?

Archived