Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

How are everybody's exams going then? I've only got five A2 exams' date=' but [b']I've left revision a bit late and my first exam is on the 31st[/b], panicking a bit now :o Luckily I've then got a bit of a break until the 12th June, fun times!

You've got 16 days man, chill. If it were me, i'd leave the revision to the 30th.

Edit: Actually, you've only got 15 days, effectively 14 now. Tick Tock.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll be fiiiiine! I start mine on Monday and don't really have a good grasp of that :P The joys of leaving projects too late and them eating into revision time!

Tell me about it.

Have a couple of units to finish off in science before the exams next week, which I should be revising for right now to be honest. I'm sure I'll do it, but I don't half make it harder for myself :o

I also leave school next Friday too...

You'll be fiiiiine! I start mine on Monday and don't really have a good grasp of that :P The joys of leaving projects too late and them eating into revision time!

It's more the fact that everybody else seems to know all their stuff while I've only just begun looking at it' date=' I'll cope! Good luck with yours, what year are you in now? :)

Alright since you're asking :P, done 5 got three left thank god next one is not till next Tuesday.

What subjects are you doing?

Good to hear! Currently doing Maths, History and Chemistry, and accepted an offer to study Economics in Exeter next year, grades pending :P Got any idea on what you're doing next year yet?

You've got 16 days man' date=' chill. If it were me, i'd leave the revision to the 30th.

Edit: Actually, you've only got 15 days, effectively 14 now. Tick Tock.[/quote']

Tick tock indeed, the next month will be fun....

It's more the fact that everybody else seems to know all their stuff while I've only just begun looking at it' date=' I'll cope! Good luck with yours, what year are you in now? :)

Good to hear! Currently doing Maths, History and Chemistry, and accepted an offer to study Economics in Exeter next year, grades pending :P Got any idea on what you're doing next year yet?

Tick tock indeed, the next month will be fun....[/quote']

That's sounds good, I'll hope to something with languages?. I've picked what I want for next year which starts in a month or so :o, 5th year up here not a clue what that is down south :P.

I'm taking Higher History, French and German, INT2 Physics and English.

German, History and Bus man left :D

But how can you do Maths 4 years plus primary was enough for me.

It'll be absolute torture. Don't worry' date=' i'll be here if you want someone to make you feel worse after flopping.[/quote']

I couldn't think of anybody better for that, top guy.

EDIT:

But how can you do Maths 4 years plus primary was enough for me.

It's probably been my best subject since I was a kid so may as well stick to what you're good at! My course in uni is mainly based around Maths too :P

Look fella' date=' there's no point me saying you'll be fine as i don't know you and you might be incredibly thick for all i know.[/quote']

Can't argue with that logic!

I couldn't think of anybody better for that' date=' top guy.

EDIT:

It's probably been my best subject since I was a kid so may as well stick to what you're good at! My course in uni is mainly based around Maths too :P[/quote']

I was good at in primary but but at the Academy or whatever you call it, I couldn't stand it. Best of luck!

Has anyone ever read a literature novel online before? If so' date=' could anyone link me to a website where I can find 'The Woman in Black' by Susan Hill? If it's against the rules to post on here, then can someone VM me one please? Thanks :)[/quote']

Spark Notes may have it, helped me alot during my Literature A-Level.

Has anyone ever read a literature novel online before? If so' date=' could anyone link me to a website where I can find 'The Woman in Black' by Susan Hill? If it's against the rules to post on here, then can someone VM me one please? Thanks :)[/quote']

You're unlikely to find it because its still in print and under copyright. You might be able to get the ebook for a couple of quid though somewhere.

You're unlikely to find it because its still in print and under copyright. You might be able to get the ebook for a couple of quid though somewhere.
Spark Notes may have it' date=' helped me alot during my Literature A-Level.[/quote']

Alright, I'll have a look lads, thanks! :)

If I can't find anything, would it be possible to just read certain chapters? I'm only looking for one.

Edit: Never mind lads, my English teacher has put the PDF of the novel on the school website, so I'm sorted. Thanks anyway :)

Got my first GCSE's coming up, Biology,Physics,Chemestry and Geography.

I find that the Biology exams are written really badly and its a case of guessing what answer they want not giving a right answer. My class (set 1) did an exam and most of us got like 40/50%. Anyone else have this problem?

Got my first GCSE's coming up' date=' Biology,Physics,Chemestry and Geography.

I find that the Biology exams are written really badly and its a case of guessing what answer they want not giving a right answer. My class (set 1) did an exam and most of us got like 40/50%. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote']

Got my first ones coming up too in June. Biology, Physics, Chemistry U1 and Maths.

Haven't started revising tbh, did a Biology specimen paper and got 39% ;) - My class is set 1 too - it's probably because U1 was taught last year and everyone forgot everything (yeah everyone in my class failed too)

Got my first GCSE's coming up' date=' Biology,Physics,Chemestry and Geography.

I find that the Biology exams are written really badly and its a case of guessing what answer they want not giving a right answer. My class (set 1) did an exam and most of us got like 40/50%. Anyone else have this problem?[/quote']

Just learn all the stuff they give you to the letter for Biology. Its a lot of work, but really its the easiest science as you hardly have to think for yourself.

Same applies to GSCEs in general to a lesser extent. Anyone can get any grade if they work hard enough.

You don't even have to work hard for GCSE's did hardly any revision for mine and came out with 9 c+ marks majority were b's to. Wish i was sitting them again this year A levels a step up for sure!

Got business tomorrow Unit 1 i got a b so hoping for the same again but not to confident :o

You don't even have to work hard for GCSE's did hardly any revision for mine and came out with 9 c+ marks majority were b's to. Wish i was sitting them again this year A levels a step up for sure!

Got business tomorrow Unit 1 i got a b so hoping for the same again but not to confident :o

Seconded. The day before the exam I went through the whole text book, remembering stuff and I managed to do pretty good.

Yeah, A-Levels are a pain.. have two more exams left though, then I'm free !!! :D

A level maths is much harder. History and English has been pretty similar :confused:

This ^^^ The only revision I did was the stuff you do in school and didn't do any at home and came out with 13 GCSE's none lower than a B. A Levels are so much harder in my first year I basically did no revision and it showed however I was able to resit and hopefully improve, this time around I will be doing much more revision to make sure I get the grades to get into uni.

My aim is 9 A* stars though:o

Probably won't get that in Latin (B is most likely, A if I work really hard) and I'm really bad at German.

Did another Biology mock today, hoping for over 70% but I will probably get about 50%:P

Also how easy is Geography? I got an A* (just) without revision:eek: