Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

My aim is 9 A* stars though:o

Probably won't get that in Latin (B is most likely' date=' A if I work really hard) and I'm really bad at German.

Did another Biology mock today, hoping for over 70% but I will probably get about 50%:P

Also how easy is Geography? I got an A* (just) without revision:eek:[/quote']

Ah Latin. Learn the sheet of vocab they give you - ALL of it. Then learn every tense and the participles. Then you'll be fine. Oh yeah and learn the whole set text by heart. :D

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably won't get that in Latin (B is most likely' date=' A if I work really hard) and I'm really bad at German.

Did another Biology mock today, hoping for over 70% but I will probably get about 50%:P

[b']Also how easy is Geography? I got an A* (just) without revision[/b]:eek:

Really easy, I also got an A* in my controlled assesment. On coursework now and that's simple too.

Yeah to the lads that are planning their subjects for Sixth Form College, really think it through. I'm coming to the end of my first year at college and already regretting the options I've taken. Considering asking to drop 2 AS Levels at the end of the year and then taking another one up in Year 2. But, if I want to get 3 A-Levels for Uni then I'd have to stay on for a third year.

Yeah to the lads that are planning their subjects for Sixth Form College' date=' really think it through. I'm coming to the end of my first year at college and already regretting the options I've taken. Considering asking to drop 2 AS Levels at the end of the year and then taking another one up in Year 2. But, if I want to get 3 A-Levels for Uni then I'd have to stay on for a third year.[/quote']

^^^^

At the start of sixth form I picked Histroy, Physics, Maths and Economics. Couldn't stand physics so I swapped it to English Lit as it was the only subject that I didn't really mind in that options block as the others were (French, Tech, RE and something else I can't remember). I am coming up to the end of my two years in sixth form and I ended up dropping maths but if I was to pick my options again I would only keep History on as English is pretty boring and it is the first time our school has done economics and the first time the teacher has taught it (usually teaches business) and they didn't even bother to buy us the text books for it. Looking back I wish I would have took Business or ICT/Geography.

What's everyone here doing next year?

College? Uni?

What classes?

If I get my grades I will be doing Quantity Surveying at Uni.

Pretty good' date=' my cousin's boyfriend does it and they recently moved to Australia and he got a job fairly easily and that is something I would like to do (not just specifically in Australia).[/quote']

Hope you make sure you can go up and build a good career in the UK while starting with that degree. Take the 1-2hrs to figure it out, it'll pay off :)

^^^^

At the start of sixth form I picked Histroy' date=' Physics, Maths and Economics. Couldn't stand physics so I swapped it to English Lit as it was the only subject that I didn't really mind in that options block as the others were (French, Tech, RE and something else I can't remember). I am coming up to the end of my two years in sixth form and I ended up dropping maths but if I was to pick my options again I would only keep History on as English is pretty boring and it is the first time our school has done economics and the first time the teacher has taught it (usually teaches business) and they didn't even bother to buy us the text books for it. Looking back I wish I would have took Business or ICT/Geography. [/quote']

If you're resitting any economics exams and you need a text book then I highly recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-AS-Economics-Textbook-Unit/dp/0340947500

This is if you're doing AQA ofcourse. Its helpful for macro and micro economics. My college provided me with it though.

If I get my grades I will be doing Quantity Surveying at Uni.

Wow, Quantity Surveying. I was looking at that. Im guessing a chartered quantity surveyor? Im going to have to do a few different degrees if I want to get to the top of the career.. maybe doing a few courses at a night school or something.

Thank god one exam left, but everyone has finished and got two weeks off and I've still got bus man and can't be hooped. Great weather and doing a 75 mark meh :(.

Did History why is it so long, absolutely knackered typed 8 pages of wonderful answers :P,role on 2:50 on the 30th.

Dreading August though

Anyone do AQA Biology unit 2 or Business unit 2?

Did the Biology one. Was my first exam (until 11th) so massively swatted up on it' date=' be disappointed if I didnt do well! The last question was a bit awkward with that annoying table!

Probably won't get that in Latin (B is most likely, A if I work really hard) and I'm really bad at German.

Also how easy is Geography? I got an A* (just) without revision:eek:

Latin-what papers are you sitting? For the poetry thing just make sure you learn the translation off by heart, it takes ages to do but the exam is so easy once you've done it (especially the Boudica one if you're doing that)...obviously make sure you can regognise the Latin to go with the translation too. I did the ancient History paper (instead of further language) which was very basic if you use the spec n stuff on OCR website to learn from. If you ace those two papers then the comprehension n translation becomes less important, I managed 90+% UMS on those two but got about 50%UMS on the comprehension but was still (just) enough for an A. The grade boundaries (esp. for A*) are a joke for Latin-far too high for one of/the hardest GCSE.

Geography-very easy. I did the same as you for the actual exam, was expecting a B as I had concentrated on other subjects more but still got an A* XD

This ^^^ The only revision I did was the stuff you do in school and didn't do any at home and came out with 13 GCSE's none lower than a B. A Levels are so much harder in my first year I basically did no revision and it showed however I was able to resit and hopefully improve' date=' this time around I will be doing much more revision to make sure I get the grades to get into uni.[/quote']

same, flopped well below my predicteds but did much better in resits. They make GCSE's look so easy :rolleyes:

Did GCSE English Language Unit 1 and 2 today.

In the Unit 1, i messed up so badly :P Spent half an hour doing the wrong questions, so only had enough time to do half of the questions and as a result didn't manage to 10% of my total GCSE as the total of Unit 1 was worth 20%. Should be ok, expecting/hoping for an E and i'm just hoping i get a C overall.

Did my GCSE English today and I think I have failed badly spent about hour and twenty minutes on question 1 leaving me only forty minutes for question 2 and 3 which I only did part A and B in question 2 and only wrote a page and a bit for question 3. As long as I get my C I don't care though if I get a B or even a A I will be more then happy.

To anyone who's just finished A2 this year, is it difficult to get decent grades in the second year of sixth form if you keep 4 subjects and don't drop one? Want to keep Maths, Physics and Product Design but not too sure on if I should drop ICT. It's an OK subject that I enjoy sometimes but if seen the timetables of people who do 3 subjects and they have so much free time :eek:

To anyone who's just finished A2 this year' date=' is it difficult to get decent grades in the second year of sixth form if you keep 4 subjects and don't drop one? Want to keep Maths, Physics and Product Design but not too sure on if I should drop ICT. It's an OK subject that I enjoy sometimes but if seen the timetables of people who do 3 subjects and they have so much free time :eek:[/quote']

I finished my A-levels 3 years ago this summer (Christ, that's a long time :() and kept all 4 on. Mine were Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Geography which all linked into each other quite well (two lots of maths and chemistry is half maths anyway) and I didn't struggle with the additional workload. Didn't focus on Geography as much but kept it going because I enjoyed it and got a decent grade because of that.

I finished my A-levels 3 years ago this summer (Christ' date=' that's a long time :() and kept all 4 on. Mine were Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Geography which all linked into each other quite well (two lots of maths and chemistry is half maths anyway) and I didn't struggle with the additional workload. Didn't focus on Geography as much but kept it going because I enjoyed it and got a decent grade because of that.[/quote']

Your probably not as procrastinating as me though, I'll most likely struggle. Think I might just give 4 subjects a go until the summer holidays and then decide if ICT is worth keeping, since the amount of coursework needed for ICT and Product Design is always depressing to think about :(

Your probably not as procrastinating as me though' date=' I'll most likely struggle. Think I might just give 4 subjects a go until the summer holidays and then decide if ICT is worth keeping, since the amount of coursework needed for ICT and Product Design is always depressing to think about :([/quote']

I have 4 exams in the next 4 days and I'm on here :) I'm exceptionally prone to procrastination :P You can always start with the 4 and drop one midway through the year if it's too much.