Re: Revision for Exams

Maths - A

Product Design - A

ICT - B

Physics - B

Pretty happy with that, glad I didn't panic or worry for nothing before opening it, only one resit in January needed for one of the exams for Physics. Hopefully everyone on here did well in their AS/A2 levels :)

Nice!

Did you receive a University starter pack today? Pretty daunting stuff' date=' and my course starts so late. 18th September! I just want to start now. :)[/quote']

Just got it now, I have to go in on the 12th, 13th and 14th for some induction thing and then the course starts on the 17th.

Well at the end of my AS Year, currently on;

Business Studies A

Geography B

Biology C

Law D

Happy enough with them. Planning on dropping Biology even though it's not my lowest grade. Feel I didn't try hard enough in Law and a B is more than achievable. While Biology is one of the toughest A Levels. Going to resit my Geography unit 1 paper from January and try to push that up, so my overall grade turns into an A. I would have liked better, but it's an improvement on my January results.

Well at the end of my AS Year' date=' currently on;

Business Studies A

Geography B

Biology C

Law D

Happy enough with them. Planning on dropping Biology even though it's not my lowest grade. Feel I didn't try hard enough in Law and a B is more than achievable. While Biology is one of the toughest A Levels. Going to resit my Geography unit 1 paper from January and try to push that up, so my overall grade turns into an A. I would have liked better, but it's an improvement on my January results.[/quote']

Don't worry about it. Once you start A2s the AS' seem easy and you'll do better in January (obviously still need to revise though! XD ). Last year I got AABC in AS' but have a comfortable A's in all AS' now. Biology is one of those that gets easier n'all but A2 can be a real drag if you're not into it.

Don't worry about it. Once you start A2s the AS' seem easy and you'll do better in January (obviously still need to revise though! XD ). Last year I got AABC in AS' but have a comfortable A's in all AS' now. Biology is one of those that gets easier n'all but A2 can be a real drag if you're not into it.

Yeah they definitely can be turned round. Got an A in my Unit 2 Geography and a C in my Unit 1 Geography. So, hopefully I can turn I can turn Unit 1 into an A. Really didn't try hard enough in Law and getting a D was the best I could hope for. So I'm going to have to work a lot harder next year, but definitely see a B very achievable.

Congratulations to everyone that got the results they needed btw. :)

Well at the end of my AS Year' date=' currently on;

Business Studies A

Geography B

Biology C

Law D

Happy enough with them. Planning on dropping Biology even though it's not my lowest grade. Feel I didn't try hard enough in Law and a B is more than achievable. While Biology is one of the toughest A Levels. Going to resit my Geography unit 1 paper from January and try to push that up, so my overall grade turns into an A. I would have liked better, but it's an improvement on my January results.[/quote']

I got a D in law two , the second unit was difficult however i felt a C was min needed. Into A2 so a big step forward.

Needed two Distinctions and a B in History to get into my firm choice. Go 2 Distinction*'s and C in History. I missed out on a B by 3 UMS marks, I've sent it off for a priority remark but do you think it's worth it. Will anything change? Any opinions would be appreciated, been scouring the web for reassurance or similar stories but yet to find any. :o

Needed two Distinctions and a B in History to get into my firm choice. Go 2 Distinction*'s and C in History. I missed out on a B by 3 UMS marks' date=' I've sent it off for a priority remark but do you think it's worth it. Will anything change? Any opinions would be appreciated, been scouring the web for reassurance or similar stories but yet to find any. :o[/quote']

My sister had one of her papers remarked either in January or last summer and she got the upgrade. Depends if you think the papers went better than your marks suggest I guess.

Also worth contacting your firm choice asking if they'll allow you in seeing as you missed the entry requirements by such a narrow margin.

My sister had one of her papers remarked either in January or last summer and she got the upgrade. Depends if you think the papers went better than your marks suggest I guess.

Also worth contacting your firm choice asking if they'll allow you in seeing as you missed the entry requirements by such a narrow margin.

Contacted them the minute I got my results, contacted the guy in charge of my course and he told me to get the paper remarked and said that due to many people meeting conditions that it'd be difficult to give me a place despite me missing by 3 UMS marks. Did a little digging and turns out that on my unit specifically I got a mark over a C but just 2 further marks would hand me an extra 4 UMS marks taking me to 281/400 and just past the B grade boundary. Really hope that Edexcel help me out here.:(:o

When did your sister get her remarked paper back time frame wise? Do you know?

Contacted them the minute I got my results' date=' contacted the guy in charge of my course and he told me to get the paper remarked and said that due to many people meeting conditions that it'd be difficult to give me a place despite me missing by 3 UMS marks. Did a little digging and turns out that on my unit specifically I got a mark over a C but just 2 further marks would hand me an extra 4 UMS marks taking me to 281/400 and just past the B grade boundary. Really hope that Edexcel help me out here.:(:o

When did your sister get her remarked paper back time frame wise? Do you know?[/quote']

Very quickly. Within days.

English = C

Maths = C

Had to retake them since the only reason I got on my collage course two years ago was if I retook them. Just about got a C in the English after mucking up the exam cause I was sleepy and by the looks of things only a couple of marks and it would of gotten me a D. And Maths is just annoying me since I don't know what marks I got just that I got a C.

Quite happy means I won't have to retake them for a third time this year and I'll have some more time to do other stuff then waste 8 hours going to English and Maths each week.

Archived