Revision for Exams

Elton

Re: Revision for Exams

How are people's UCAS applications going? I've applied for Geography and have got offers back from Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Salford and a combined Geography/Sport management course at Loughborough. Currently, just waiting to hear back from Lancaster. Planning on having Sheffield as my first choice and then Sheffield Hallam as my back-up.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are people's UCAS applications going? I've applied for Geography and have got offers back from Sheffield' date=' Sheffield Hallam, Salford and a combined Geography/Sport management course at Loughborough. Currently, just waiting to hear back from Lancaster. Planning on having Sheffield as my first choice and then Sheffield Hallam as my back-up.[/quote']

I can thoroughly recommend that :) Sheffield's ace.

Clicked pay/send last week, so my school should add references and send it away pretty soon!

Applied to (in order of preference):

Edinburgh (Astrophysics)

St Andrews (Astrophysics)

Glasgow (Astronomy & Physics)

Dundee (Physics)

Herriot-Watt (Physics)

All 5 year courses. No idea what job or whatever I'll look for afterwards, but I could always qualify as an accountant (since a degree isn't necessary) if I decide Physics isn't for me.

Pretty much done all of the UCAS forms but the choices since I still have no idea what I want to do and the closest couple of Uni's seem to have quite limited computing courses and I don't want to move that far away. But got one choice in Philosophy and Computing and I guess its better then nothing.

• 1 month later...

Last exam tomorrow' date=' being the hardest I guess - C3.

Good Luck to anyone else taking this tomorrow. Honestly cannot wait til this exam is finished..[/quote']

How'd you think you did? I almost lost my head on the (sin22.5 + cos22.5)^2 question until I realised how simple it was :o

Ty ill give it some research

:P

Seriously.

I'm not there but for 80% of people it makes a difference between a good life and a bad one. And it's especially important for successful, highly productive people.

Perhaps not as a major but take at least one good course.

How'd you think you did? I almost lost my head on the (sin22.5 + cos22.5)^2 question until I realised how simple it was :o

I'm not sure what to make of this paper, other than confirming I'll be retaking in June.

Overall, it was an alright paper, however there were tricky questions which were worth quite alot of marks. That sin22.5 + cos22.5 messed me up, and the x=cot y question :/ I think both were worth 5 marks aswell :(

Is it me, or do past papers seem way easier especially Jan 2012 and 2011

What do you think you got?

I'm not sure what to make of this paper' date=' other than confirming I'll be retaking in June.

Overall, it was an alright paper, however there were tricky questions which were worth quite alot of marks. That sin22.5 + cos22.5 messed me up, and the x=cot y question :/ I think both were worth 5 marks aswell :(

Is it me, or do past papers seem way easier especially Jan 2012 and 2011

What do you think you got?[/quote']

Yeah, some of the the questions were a bit trickier than any I've seen on the past papers. I thought it went rather well, though knowing me I probably lost a few marks for errors as usual :o

• 5 months later...

Just a quick question' date=' are there a lot of students looking at taking engineering next year from your school?[/color']

LOL, ermm like maybe 30 people from like 220 in our grade? Most of the people in my school are going to nearby Uni's and are predominantly becoming Social Science/Humanities/ Politics/Law students. :)

I want to experience somewhere new! :D

LOL' date=' ermm like maybe 30 people from like 220 in our grade? Most of the people in my school are going to nearby Uni's and are predominantly becoming Social Science/Humanities/ Politics/Law students. :)

I want to experience somewhere new! :D[/quote']

Just wondering coz nearly all the guys in my grade are applying for engineering. And seems that the supply might overwhelm the demand.

How were your residence experiences in Uni' date=' guys? :)

Next year marks my first Uni year and the torture that is Engineering! :P[/quote']

Halls were brilliant. The accommodation itself was of a really good standard (mine was anyway, depends what type you go for I guess) and the social life is brilliant, you'll enjoy it.

Archived