Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

How were your residence experiences in Uni' date=' guys? :)

Next year marks my first Uni year and the torture that is Engineering! :P[/quote']

Lots of diversity in people, avoid wasting time with people whose personalities aren't good, find analytical and empathetic people. :)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you by any chance know the pricing of res compared to the price of renting a flat?

I believe it's usually a fair bit more expensive - mine certainly was. I'd say that the extra expense is worth it though in your first year as you meet far more people which means you can then move into a shared flat/house with people you know you get on with in subsequent years.

I believe it's usually a fair bit more expensive - mine certainly was. I'd say that the extra expense is worth it though in your first year as you meet far more people which means you can then move into a shared flat/house with people you know you get on with in subsequent years.

So you would say that you meet more people when not in res? That interesting I would have thought it was the other way around.

Yeah I was expecting it to be more' date=' but Im sure I could manage it if I get enough money from my gap year, and might think about sharing with a friend or two. But accommodation in SA is much cheaper than EU if im not mistaken. And so if food.[/color']

So you would say that you meet more people when not in res? That interesting I would have thought it was the other way around.

Yeah I was expecting it to be more' date=' but Im sure I could manage it if I get enough money from my gap year, and might think about sharing with a friend or two. But accommodation in SA is much cheaper than EU if im not mistaken. And so if food.[/color']

No, you meet more people in res. Then from those you can cherry pick the ones you get on best with to move into private accommodation with in future years :)

I'm doing well in all my subjects but flunking Maths, currently due to sit the Foundation paper next year in November then do Higher should I pass Foundation, if not just re-sit Foundation instead. Predicted a B but getting a D.

Also today I was added into extra maths after school and an extra revision lesson every week, I hate Maths :(.

I'm doing well in all my subjects but flunking Maths' date=' currently due to sit the Foundation paper next year in November then do Higher should I pass Foundation, if not just re-sit Foundation instead. Predicted a B but getting a D.

Also today I was added into extra maths after school and an extra revision lesson every week, I hate Maths :(.[/quote']

What subjects you taking?

LOL how can you flunk maths, but do well in everything else? :P

What subjects you taking?

LOL how can you flunk maths' date=' but do well in everything else? :P[/color']

I don't really know why I find Maths so hard, it's frustrating.

Double Science, IT Multimedia, IT, PE and Business Studies with Welsh short course (not optional) getting dropped soon.

Yourself?

I'm doing well in all my subjects but flunking Maths' date=' currently due to sit the Foundation paper next year in November then do Higher should I pass Foundation, if not just re-sit Foundation instead. Predicted a B but getting a D.

Also today[b'] I was added into extra maths after school and an extra revision lesson every week[/b], I hate Maths :(.

Never a good sign. Would you like me to help you? 1 + 1 = 4

I don't really know why I find Maths so hard' date=' it's frustrating.

Double Science, IT Multimedia, IT, PE and Business Studies with Welsh short course (not optional) getting dropped soon.

Yourself?[/quote']

Do you do Java coding in IT?

Physics, IT and TD and the 4 compulsory ones, English, Afrikaans (what a waste of time), Life Orientation, and Maths

Do you do Java coding in IT?

Physics' date=' IT and TD and the 4 compulsory ones, English, Afrikaans (what a waste of time), Life Orientation, and Maths[/color']

I haven't done any this year but I'm sure we'll do it in Year 11 or A Level. Afrikaans, wow, and I thought Welsh was weird haha. What's Life Orientation pal?

I haven't done any this year but I'm sure we'll do it in Year 11 or A Level. Afrikaans' date=' wow, and I thought Welsh was weird haha. What's Life Orientation pal?[/quote']

Because maths is 60% understanding 30% practice and 10% other stuff. So with time and dedication you can get your B/A easy.

Learning about life stuff, like disease and prevention, sex and fitness etc. Used to have PE in ti but then the gov stopped PE, so now just learning basic life stuff

Welsh short course' date=' what a waste of time.

Ended up getting a B in that, but I don't see how that is seen as more important to the future of people than IT when you don't need to be able to speak a word of Welsh in Wales.[/quote']

After moving back with my Mum I'd forgotten all about this horrible language, I think I'll get to drop it soon but if not then what a waste of my time, so far I've had an F and a G (yes they exist) on past papers, it's hard to learn when you've lived in Wales for about 2 years of your life, not even consecutive.

Oh yeah, also do RS Short Course which I don't mind, it's easy enough and pretty chilled and interesting.

Because maths is 60% understanding 30% practice and 10% other stuff. So with time and dedication you can get your B/A easy.

Learning about life stuff' date=' like disease and prevention, sex and fitness etc. Used to have PE in ti but then the gov stopped PE, so now just learning basic life stuff[/color']

Oh I feel silly, you live in South Africa hence the Afrikaans. Thought you were in Britain haha. They got rid of PE? O.o

Sounds like PSHE in the UK but we don't get qualifications from that it's mainly just for the information.

Oh I feel silly' date=' you live in South Africa hence the Afrikaans. Thought you were in Britain haha. They got rid of PE? O.o

Sounds like PSHE in the UK but we don't get qualifications from that it's mainly just for the information.[/quote']

What does PSHE stand for? Yeah we also dont get anything for LO, but we have to take it very stupid. Like most that our gov does

:eek:

What does PSHE stand for? Yeah we also dont get anything for LO' date=' but we have to take it very stupid. Like most that our gov does

:eek:[/color']

Physical Social Health Education I think.

Like Welsh short course then :P, yeah I can't see why they'd get rid of PE :confused:, there's debate here to make it as important as English and Maths to tackle obesity.

Physical Social Health Education I think.

Like Welsh short course then :P' date=' yeah I can't see why they'd get rid of PE :confused:, there's debate here to make it as important as English and Maths to tackle obesity.[/quote']

Yeah its the same as PSHE then.

No idea, but its also pretty worthless tbh, as most student are very sporty in SA

I haven't done any this year but I'm sure we'll do it in Year 11 or A Level. Afrikaans' date=' wow, and I thought Welsh was weird haha. What's Life Orientation pal?[/quote']

I doubt you will do coding in school. It is all about making a basic website or a basic spreadsheet then writing about how you made it.

I doubt you will do coding in school. It is all about making a basic website or a basic spreadsheet then writing about how you made it.

Yeah Core IT is rubbish, Multimedia's a lot better though, love lessons on the computer, just jam to music and occasionally flick onto SoccerManager haha.