Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

So I'm not just going to get rejected straight away based on my predicted grades if they're there and there abouts?

Is there any point of me giving extra-curricular activities that aren't linked to history' date=' for example I'm a qualified referee so is there any point in me including that at all?

I haven't got my predicted grades yet, but they're likely to be ABB.

I'm planning on applying for Bristol (AAA), Birmingham (AAB), Manchester (AAB), Leicester (ABB) and Hull (BBB).[/quote']

No as you will have some AS grades so they will go off them I think so if you do well in January then decide if it is worth trying to get in to the uni's that require higher grades. Just say it shows that refereeing shows how you can take charge of situation and also work independently or something along them lines and then say this will help you with your work.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm not just going to get rejected straight away based on my predicted grades if they're there and there abouts?

Is there any point of me giving extra-curricular activities that aren't linked to history' date=' for example I'm a qualified referee so is there any point in me including that at all?

I'm planning on applying for Bristol (AAA), Birmingham (AAB), Manchester (AAB), Leicester (ABB) and Hull (BBB).[/quote']

Have no idea what that means? are they like IQ tests?

Reffing certainly doesn't hurt and may help in borderline cases. Shows leadership skills.

Looking to apply to do History at University' date=' got a couple of questions though.

Would I be wasting my time applying for universities with entry requirements any higher than my predicted grades? (Yet to have my predicted grades)

Then there's the personal statement. How do I go about doing this? I'm not sure how to start/structure it and I've looked at a few things on goggle, and a lot of them have said to state what is different about me from a standard candidate, but I'm not particularly sure of examples of relevant things that do.[/quote']

No, you wouldn't. Especially with the predicted grades you suggest as they're at the very top end :) Unis tend to go off your actual AS results anyway. All I'd recommend is visit as many unis as you can, apply to places where you'd be happy to go (rather than being swayed by reputation, etc.) and try and get a decent spread of assumed entry requirements so that your backup can definitely come in if you slip up.

Your college should be able to help you a lot :) I'd spend the first half explaining why you want to do the course including elements of the subject you're particularly interested in (include outside reading), topics you've enjoyed as part of your studies and stuff you've done outside of education related to the subject. I'd recommend going into some detail in this section rather than skimming over more broad areas as it shows more interest. Make sure you can back this up in possible interviews though! For the second half write about yourself personally. Discuss achievements you've had, activities you enjoy and all that jazz.

Thanks for the help, got a much better understanding of what to do for a personal statement and certainly how to get a decent first draft in.

Going to go to open days for Birmingham, Bristol and probably Leicester as well which is a decent amount and have been to Cardiff which is a decent amount.

Thanks for the help' date=' got a much better understanding of what to do for a personal statement and certainly how to get a decent first draft in.

Going to go to open days for Birmingham, Bristol and probably Leicester as well which is a decent amount and have been to Cardiff which is a decent amount.[/quote']

Good luck!

I'm studying political science -- which is very similar to history really. I call it applied history with sprinkles of policy

Just asking' date=' l'll go there after l finish my 4th high school year.

BTW l'm confused, don't know what to choose between Electrical engineering, Electronics engineering, IT or Mechanis engineering.[/quote']

Answering that question is easy. What do you like to do in your free time?

I've already studied electronics at high school mate' date=' l'm not concerned of the subjects which are going to treated, just want to know which course provides the better future :D[/quote']

All of them. But none of the pay rankings matter at all, even though everyone around you tells you they matter.

Go into the field where you are better at than other people. If you're #1 in your class in a subject, that's the one that provides the best future for you.

Success in life = relative skill + will + capability

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...