Revision for Exams

Re: Revision for Exams

The way you worded it didn't make it seem like a choice though.

I don't think all intelligent people are 'happy' and I don't think all unintelligent people are 'sad'.

Intelligence consists of a whole load of different aspects and I don't think any one set of criteria can define whether someone is intelligent or not.

I probably worded it badly. You're probably right.

In any case' date=' my meaning is still the same

Contrary to popular opinion' date=' I think hard effort can make you talented.[/b']

I'm surprised that no one has disagreed with this so far.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its because we had the exact same debate god knows how many pages ago.

I thought we were arguing about something else, something that I had worded really badly. Might have missed it since everyone ganged up on me :D

That sentence is now worded exactly as I mean it. I do think hard effort can make you talented.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we were arguing about something else' date=' something that I had worded really badly. Might have missed it since everyone ganged up on me :D

That sentence is now worded exactly as I mean it. I do think hard effort can make you talented.[/quote']

Now that depends on your interpretation of talent. Hard effort can (in most cases) make you able but I personally (and many others) will take talent to mean natural ability. In fact, natural aptitude or skill is the definition of talent :o

I'm actually becoming a big fan of multiple tests on close dates. Since our tests are graded based on relative performance (15% get A, etc.), we're essentially competing for grades against other students. Thus, if you prepare better than others, you have a strong chance for a top grade :)

And most of the other students do the inefficient cramming method, I'm in luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first Exam today didn't involve a lot of revision was the a 40 question multiple choice paper which counts to 20% of my final gcse think it went alright hopping I got 35+ but you can never be too sure :o

Really started picking up my revision in the last few days but I'm finding that I'm not a great listener nor do I learn well from just reading and awnsering question so I've found myself copying huge amounts of text reading as I go then re reading it ever few days also I've been introduced in my history / pe lessons to mind maps / time lines which I place all the topics on and then add alot of information as I revise it seems to be working well my only downfall is my attention levels finding it hard to concentrate with all the temptations of my iPad and phone although I have managed to swap my xbox for revision so I guess it's not all bad.

Best of luck to everyone in there exams :)

Wait guys' date='who is that going in your country,One exam for one subject or what?[/quote']

It's a mixture really for gcses there's exams for some coursework and exams for others some have controlled assessments for example in maths it's 2 exams at the end of year 11 worth 50% each , however in ict it's 40% coursework 20% timed pratical 20% multiple choice and 20% written exam , you can also do things like btec sport which are 100% coursework :)

Not been confirmed, but my teacher has marked my graphics folder.. and I got 89/108, which is an A:D This grade will be 60% of my overall graphics GCSE:)

Its going to be moderated though, so who knows.. hopefully it'll stay the same:o

Anyway, my first exam is on the 16th May:( But I break up for study leave on the 13th of May:D

All my exams should finish in the middle of June, meaning I have a long holiday until September:p

Good luck to all who's taking GCSE exams:);)

@TheDuffman - Good luck to you aswell ! ;)

Not been confirmed' date=' but my teacher has marked my graphics folder.. and I got 89/108, which is an A:D This grade will be 60% of my overall graphics GCSE:)

[b']Its going to be moderated though, so who knows.. hopefully it'll stay the same:o[/b]

Anyway, my first exam is on the 16th May:( But I break up for study leave on the 13th of May:D

All my exams should finish in the middle of June, meaning I have a long holiday until September:p

Good luck to all who's taking GCSE exams:);)

@TheDuffman - Good luck to you aswell ! ;)

Well done mate on your graphics , in my experience your teachers normally under mark it so everyones get pushed up that's what they've done with my schools p.e worked a beaut for the people who didn't get there work moderated :D

Totatally different here' date='dont know what is better,your way our ours.[/quote']

Do you just do one exam for each subject then ?

Left School yesterday and now i have Exams over May and mid June

Good luck everyone :)

Lucky you at my school they've cancelled study leave and have instead turned are lessons into huge revision sessions which I'm kind of happy about as I wouldn't revise as much at home although would be nice to have some time to relax and revise at home rather than the 5 lessons + lunch lessons there making me do ATM :P

Lucky you at my school they've cancelled study leave and have instead turned are lessons into huge revision sessions which I'm kind of happy about as I wouldn't revise as much at home although would be nice to have some time to relax and revise at home rather than the 5 lessons + lunch lessons there making me do ATM :P

Well my school have given everyone a revision time table so we go in and do classes that were told to do for a few hours, I prefer this aswell because i doubt i would revise at home :o:D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone on here do or has done AS Ethics? Any advice for the exam or how to revise effectively for it? I have already finished the first exam on Utilitarianism and Situation Ethics and got 77/90 and a B on it, and in a couple of weeks I have the exam on Kant and Natural Law :) The first exam I don't know how I got the grade, I revised a little and then just went into the exam with just enough knowledge then managed to write 9 pages and surprised myself with the result. But now Natural Law and Kant seems harder and I need better methods to revise on it, so far I've just done two big A3 spider diagrams on each of the topics in my own words but that doesn't really help me on how to answer the questions properly, my teacher isn't particularly helpful either :rolleyes:

Also, what does everyone in year 11 think of the Core and Additional Pre-seen papers, they seem quite easy to be honest. I'm worried about English Literature and the Of Mice and Men question but I've gotten much better on the Poems questions :) Right now I'm also on the 3rd DiDa unit after doing Unit 1 & 2 so aiming to get Unit 5 done since it's the easiest (making a game on Scratch) so I will probably get it done in study leave hopefully and get 3 B's for DiDa :) Also just finished BTEC Engineering fully with 4 A*s but in the practicals I did quite rubbish :o Not worried at all for Additional Maths, only 61/100 to get an A* :eek:

Exams 7th-28th June. Not looking forward :(

Anyway got to get some proper revision done from here on in' date=' but [b']don't get any study leave.[/b]

As much as I like study leave and it means no school and is like a holiday, most people just treat it as a holiday and Year 10's and 11's would get much more revision done if they stayed at school rather than study leave because at home you have all sorts of distractions and it's hard to discipline yourself unless you really try, me being one of them :o

Got my first proper GCSE tommorow, it's an English GCSE so I need to be studying like mad from 4 o clock onwards! Took a mock paper home that my teacher gave me so I'll be doing that for the first hour or so of my revision.

I'm a bit supersticious, so my mum gave me her 'lucky pen'. Even though people might find it stupid, I actually feel pretty relaxed knowing I have a good luck charm with me. The exam itself is 2 hours long which from what I have heard is nothing :o I need a C grade or above to get into next years literature with the same teacher (We have some GCSE's in year 10 at my school, the year I'm currently in). To be honest I want a B though, our teacher said we are very likely to all get a B but I am pretty nervous tbh :o