Sign in to follow this  
#rooneyisyummy#

ozil to 94

ozil to 94  

1. 1.

he is leading the assists in the champions league at 7, eto'o and (surprisngly) lennon are the closest at 5.

4th in the assists for la liga, if he had one more he would be 3rd.

it shows he can perform at the top level, not a champions league flop clearly !

he has scored 6 goals in 30 games, so hardly incredible but still a decent return for the young player maker.

so then there are the stats, i know they dont mean everything. a key part in madrid's attacking system what do you think his chances of 94 are ?

try and explain your choice, could be for an interesting debate :)

Re: ozil to 94

His form is'nt as sharp as earlier in the season,it's still good but not 94 quality.

I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded.However if Madrid win the Champions League his chances of a 94 would obviously increase.The 4 games coming up against Barca will be key for any Real Madrid rating changes at the end of the season,it's going to be very interesting to see how Real Madrid cope with Barca....if it goes badly for them you can basically forget any Real Madrid risers at the next changes.

His form is'nt as sharp as earlier in the season' date='it's still good but not 94 quality.

I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded.[/b']However if Madrid win the Champions League his chances of a 94 would obviously increase.The 4 games coming up against Barca will be key for any Real Madrid rating changes at the end of the season,it's going to be very interesting to see how Real Madrid cope with Barca....if it goes badly for them you can basically forget any Real Madrid risers at the next changes.

Please tell me you don't watch Ozil!:eek:

i think the fact that he has the most assists in the champions league shows he is on form even at this late stage in the season, his though passing is exceptional, and i sadly have to say when kaka plays with him he dissappears.

when he plays by himself , as he usually does he has great technique and control.

i think he is better than david silva, just about.

Voted 93 because I think he's already gone up really really fast, just like Pedro. I do agree that Ozil is a genius and he should easily be able to reach 95 in his career (if not more) but right now I'd say leave him at 93 for the rest of the season. Lets see how good he does next season, if he manages to continue his current form he sure deserves his 94.

Voted 93 because I think he's already gone up really really fast' date=' just like Pedro. I do agree that Ozil is a genius and he should easily be able to reach 95 in his career (if not more) but right now I'd say leave him at 93 for the rest of the season. Lets see how good he does next season, if he manages to continue his current form he sure deserves his 94.[/quote']

thats a very valid point actually, he can always rise next season with ratings being so close together. if madrid dont win the champions league i kinda agree with you on that point..

His form is'nt as sharp as earlier in the season' date='it's still good but not 94 quality.

I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded.However if Madrid win the Champions League his chances of a 94 would obviously increase.The 4 games coming up against Barca will be key for any Real Madrid rating changes at the end of the season,it's going to be very interesting to see how Real Madrid cope with Barca....if it goes badly for them you can basically forget any Real Madrid risers at the next changes.[/quote']

Please tell me you don't watch Ozil!:eek:

Rico speaks a lot of sense.

Anyways, agree with most, don't think he'll get 94 this season. Too big of a step up.

When players are rated below 90, then it's fine for them to have big leaps, but he's over the 90 mark now, and this is where consistency plays a huge part.

Of course we all know he has been brilliant this season, but he still needs to do a bit more work to get 94.

Respuesta: ozil to 94

I voted 94:D. I watch every match of real madrid, and I can tell you he is currently the best player in the team, with ronaldo at not his best shape. At the early season he showed physical weakness (its obvious that german league is not as exigent as the spanish) but now he has improved a lot and lately is playing the whole matches (90'). I think he deserves 94. Surely future looks bright for him.

He should stay and Di Maria should be rated higher then him. Di Maria has made a much bigger/better impact so far this season while Ozil not been at his best, he looks tired and can't last 90 minutes every week, world cup? maybe but don't get me wrong he is an amazing player and will get 94 in his career but i just think Di Maria should be rated the same or even higher.

For those who said he is the best player in the team, he isn't. Pepe and Xavi Alonso have been better then him and thats not including Ronaldo or Di Maria also Marcelo is up there.

He should stay and Di Maria should be rated higher then him. Di Maria has made a much bigger/better impact so far this season while Ozil not been at his best' date=' he looks tired and can't last 90 minutes every week, world cup? maybe but don't get me wrong he is an amazing player and will get 94 in his career but i just think Di Maria should be rated the same or even higher.[/quote']

I agree with you, every RM match I have seen and when Di Maria hasn't started and he gets substitued he breathes life into the RM attack and is always threatening IMO he should be a 93 by the end of this year :)

Naw. Ozil and Di Maria need to stay.

Di Maria seldom manages to beat his opponent 1v1. A little like Lennon. Pacey but can't beat the defender and turns back. 90-rated Bale is much more effective at 1v1 situations.

Ozil is good but not influential enough to warrant 94 now. A very skilled player with good technique and usually good, occasionally phenomenal passing.

But in any case, passing is overrated :P

Dont judge me,but IMO he should stay.

He is awesome player,but IMO he got 93 too fast,he had a great season with no doubt,but I will give one example :

Pedro had outstanding season,won everything with Barca,and he got only +2 when he was rated 88,and Ozil got in Werder 90.

Ozil is deff 94 material or maybe even higher,but I think that he deserves to get 94 but not this time,maybe for next 2 raiting changes,to see will his form be always like this or... :)

Rico speaks a lot of sense.

Anyways' date=' agree with most, don't think he'll get 94 this season. Too big of a step up.

When players are rated below 90, then it's fine for them to have big leaps, but he's over the 90 mark now, and this is where consistency plays a huge part.

Of course we all know he has been brilliant this season, but he still needs to do a bit more work to get 94.[/quote']

I agree with most of what he said but i disagree with"I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded." Maybe its just me but I think he is saying that a competion from 8 months ago is catching up to him:o If anything ozil has improved, he is stronger and has made vast improvements in defending, he may not warrant a 94 now if real madrid don't win cl but i believe that in the changes after he will get it.:)

The only reason he went from 91>93 was because of his big money move to Real. A 92 was more than fair at the time. And this rise was basically based off a few games at the World Cup in which he wasn't even Germany's best player anyway.

Now he is beginning to justify his rating. To go from 91>94 in the space of a year would be a bit of a joke really considering this time last year he got an undeserved 90>91, and then the unlikely 91>93 to boot.

He is a fantastic player no doubt but should stagnate at a 93 for a while. Only a Real Madrid trophy would be the fair thing to change that, but it is looking unlikely due to Barca dominance

The only reason he went from 91>93 was because of his big money move to Real. A 92 was more than fair at the time. And this rise was basically based off a few games at the World Cup in which he wasn't even Germany's best player anyway.

Now he is beginning to justify his rating. To go from 91>94 in the space of a year would be a bit of a joke really considering this time last year he got an undeserved 90>91' date=' and then the unlikely 91>93 to boot.

He is a fantastic player no doubt but should stagnate at a 93 for a while. Only a Real Madrid trophy would be the fair thing to change that, but it is looking unlikely due to Barca dominance[/quote']

do you think if he keeps up his current form he is worth of a 94 next time ?

the general consensus is that his rapid rise to fame warrants a short stay at 93, just to see if he can keep this up next season.

i do agree with that point tbf, interesting how close the poll is. much closer than i thought im glad i asked this question.

however people leaving comments mainly say 93, so i think people who tend to just vote without good reasons to want him to rise, whereas those who look at things logically say a stay is more reasonable :)

im guessing so anyway

I agree with most of what he said but i disagree with"I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded." Maybe its just me but I think he is saying that a competion from 8 months ago is catching up to him:o If anything ozil has improved' date=' he is stronger and has made vast improvements in defending, he may not warrant a 94 now if real madrid don't win cl but i believe that in the changes after he will get it.:)[/quote']

What he was trying to say was, that because of the World Cup, he didn't have time to recover from last season. Lack of rest is what he's trying to say. Which is a fair point, he was every for Germany at the World Cup.

And Dougie, if Ozil wasn't the best player for Germany at the World Cup, then who was?

As a team, Germany were outstanding, but Ozil in my view had a much bigger of an impact, which is why he got his big move.

EDIT As for why he made a jump from 91-93, well +1 was for his outstanding World Cup, then the other +1 was for the fact that he continued his brilliant form in to another country, and at one of the best teams in the world.

What he was trying to say was' date=' that because of the World Cup, he didn't have time to recover from last season. Lack of rest is what he's trying to say. Which is a fair point, he was every for Germany at the World Cup.

[/quote']

So he is still tired from 8 months ago:o

A lot of players like ronaldo,messi,xavi and co went to the world cup and they have recovered.:confused:

And I watch real madrid games at least 1-2 times a month and he seems fine.

He hasn't played all the games for real madrid non stop, how can he be still tired?

So he is still tired from 8 months ago:o

A lot of players like ronaldo' date='messi,xavi and co went to the world cup and they have recovered.:confused:

And I watch real madrid games at least 1-2 times a month and he seems fine.

He hasn't played all the games for real madrid non stop, how can he be still tired?[/quote']

No he's not tired from 8 months ago. What the person was trying to say is, that Ozil has played a lot of football(season before he went to the U21's aswell think), and inevitably it's catching up a bit on him.

No he's not tired from 8 months ago. What the person was trying to say is' date=' that Ozil has played a lot of football(season before he went to the U21's aswell think), and inevitably it's catching up a bit on him.[/b']

For the un bolded bit, He said "I think it's the World Cup catching up with him as he seems a little jaded."

The world cup was 8 months ago so he is talking about 8months ago.

And for the bold bit you are saying he is tired from last season, why would he be tired from last season???

I would like to hear rico's own take of this.:rolleyes:

No he's not tired from 8 months ago. What the person was trying to say is' date=' that Ozil has played a lot of football(season before he went to the U21's aswell think), and inevitably it's catching up a bit on him.[/quote']

it caught up with him before maybe yes, but he plays full games now.

if he was really that tired why did mourinho let him play the full 2 games in the champions league ?

he had already won / qualified and he did use his 3 subs.

he decided ozil didnt need the rest as much.

from being subbed virtually every game ozil hasnt been subbed off in his past 5/6 games...

he seems fine to me. as i said if he was even slightly tired then mourinho would have rested him in a game that was already well and truely won, as well as being mid week.

What he was trying to say was' date=' that because of the World Cup, he didn't have time to recover from last season. Lack of rest is what he's trying to say. Which is a fair point, he was every for Germany at the World Cup.

[b']And Dougie, if Ozil wasn't the best player for Germany at the World Cup, then who was?[/b]

As a team, Germany were outstanding, but Ozil in my view had a much bigger of an impact, which is why he got his big move.

EDIT As for why he made a jump from 91-93, well +1 was for his outstanding World Cup, then the other +1 was for the fact that he continued his brilliant form in to another country, and at one of the best teams in the world.

Did you even watch the World Cup?

Schweinsteiger and Muller were both better.

I could make cases for Lahm, Klose, Podolski and Khedira aswel.