How to use the 4-2-3-1 effectively??????

Re: How to use the 4-2-3-1 effectively??????

I'm not great with tactics etc as can be seen by my sunderland team :o

I do however play this formation with my Lyon team and i have won 9 straight games this season with it, also 1 draw and 1 loss at the start when a few of my players were injured.

I use:-

Tackling: Hard

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Fast

Pressing: Own Half

Counter Attack

Playmaker - Highest rated CM

Target Man

The impression i get from most people is that you have to adjust your tactics to the players you have. So for example if you have 3 92 rated players the middle of the formation and your wingers are only 90 rated then an attacking style of through the middle might be better.

It also depends on your opponent as well. If their players through the middle are higher rated than yours but your wingers and full backs are higher rated than theirs an attacking style of down the flanks may work better.

Thats pretty much my basic understanding of how it is supposed to work. However after what i have gone through with my Sunderland team i think tactis are a load of bull and the match engine will just choose on what ever result it likes.

I'm not great with tactics etc as can be seen by my sunderland team :o

I do however play this formation with my Lyon team and i have won 9 straight games this season with it' date=' also 1 draw and 1 loss at the start when a few of my players were injured.

I use:-

Mentality: Attacking

Passing Style: Mixed

Attacking Style: Mixed

Pressing: Own Half

Counter Attack

Playmaker - Highest rated CM

Target Man

The impression i get from most people is that you have to adjust your tactics to the players you have. So for example if you have 3 92 rated players the middle of the formation and your wingers are only 90 rated then an attacking style of through the middle might be better.

It also depends on your opponent as well. If their players through the middle are higher rated than yours but your wingers and full backs are higher rated than theirs an attacking style of down the flanks may work better.

Thats pretty much my basic understanding of how it is supposed to work. However after what i have gone through with my Sunderland team i think tactis are a load of bull and the match engine will just choose on what ever result it likes.[/quote']

What he said is correct.

but i wont have a fast tempo unless i have a superior squad. a normal/slow tempo helps retrain possession, which is also crucial to winning.

I was wondering what team and player instructions work best with this formations???

imo instruction set up is closely related to your squad rating ( how strong your squad).

i never combined attacking mentality and hard tackling (imo contra productive).

if u have a superior team then think how to attack and dominate and don't worry too much about your opponent formation and instructions. our opponents should worry about us :D

defensive instruction i always ticked is "Men Behind Ball" ( my interpretation of this u may let the ball passed but not the man) :D

Use arrows as simple as u can don't make it complex (i only use forward arrows) :D

i use 4-2-3-1 in my Barca team with forward arrows on fullbacks and wings.

when i play the strongest squad i added another forward arrows on one of the DMs ( i'm really attacking minded) :D

When the results didn't go your way. Try not to change the formation but tweak the instruction set up :D

hope i helped :D

I was wondering what team and player instructions work best with this formations???

I started using this when i was struggling with my weak Valencia team midway through the season. When i started using 4-2-3-1, i won 15 matches on the trot, including back-to-back wins against Barca at the Camp Nou.

I use it like this:

Passing: Long Ball

Attacking: Down both flanks

And i tick use play maker and target man, and play offside.

My average rating is only 90 and this seems to be working really well against teams that have an average rating much higher than mine.