Risers from the Greece Superleague

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greece review coming up. I'll start this thread with these two: Konstantinos Manolas - 19 yrs - AEK Athens - CB/DM - 82 - 84/85 Stefan Athanasiadis - 22 yrs - PAOK - FWD - 78 - 82

Re: Risers from the Greece Superleague Hmm. actually Iraklis has been relegated just a few days ago due to financial problems . So SM might saw that they relegated and probably didnt spend a lot of

Re: Risers from the Greece Superleague

Greece review coming up. I'll start this thread with these two:

Konstantinos Manolas - 19 yrs - AEK Athens - CB/DM - 82 - 84/85

Stefan Athanasiadis - 22 yrs - PAOK - FWD - 78 - 82

Yes' date=' [b']Kostas Manolas[/b] is to be one of the biggest risers, not to forget Sotiris Ninis (- who has ManU and Real chasing him), Vasilis Torosidis, Kostas Mitroglou, Avraam Papadopoulos, Ioannis Fetfatzidis, a late-boomer Stergos Marinos who has been the most surprising defender this year (- and getting offers from majors), and Vassilis Torosidis - to name but a few.

And we shouldn't forget those oldies, who have found the new spring both in Superleague and in Greece national team - namely National team captain Giorgos Karagounis, their best player Kostas Katsouranis, who is really blooming, Dimitris Salpigidis as well as the fantastic oldie-goalie, who's been developing a lot after becoming national team #1, namely Alexandros Tzorvas.

All fantastic players, that would be very high rated, if they played in other leagues.

Yes' date=' [b']Kostas Manolas[/b] is to be one of the biggest risers, not to forget Sotiris Ninis (- who has ManU and Real chasing him), Vasilis Torosidis, Kostas Mitroglou, Avraam Papadopoulos, Ioannis Fetfatzidis, a late-boomer Stergos Marinos who has been the most surprising defender this year (- and getting offers from majors), and Vassilis Torosidis - to name but a few.

And we shouldn't forget those oldies, who have found the new spring both in Superleague and in Greece national team - namely National team captain Giorgos Karagounis, their best player Kostas Katsouranis, who is really blooming, Dimitris Salpigidis as well as the fantastic oldie-goalie, who's been developing a lot after becoming national team #1, namely Alexandros Tzorvas.

All fantastic players, that would be 90-rated, if they played in other leagues.

I don't think Ninis will rise now, to few minutes. I guess they won't rise him just on transfer rumours.

Torosidis is already 89 and there are very few that will break 90 in Greece Superlague.

Mitroglou got very few minutes in Olympiacos and is now on loan to Panionios and will hardly rise from his 86.

Papadoupolos got a slight chance for a rise to 89.

Fetfatzidis is probably a good buy. I guess he will rise 82 - 83/84 now and is only 20 yrs, a nice prospect for the future.

Marinos will maybe rise to 84.

I don't think Ninis will rise now' date=' to few minutes. I guess they won't rise him just on transfer rumours.

Torosidis is already 89 and there are very few that will break 90 in Greece Superlague.

Mitroglou got very few minutes in Olympiacos and is now on loan to Panionios and will hardly rise from his 86.

Fetfatzidis is probably a good buy. I guess he will rise 82 - 83/84 now and is only 20 yrs, a nice prospect for the future.

Marinos will maybe rise to 84.[/quote']

What about Konstantinos "Kostas" Manolas - who is the soul of AEK despite of his age (i.e. 19)? He's played all the EURO-games (6) as well this season. And VERY WELL! He's been much firmer (and played much better games) than many of those bigger Englishmen, Brazilians and Germans...

What do you think about those oldies? Specially Katsouranis - who has now reached the world-class! (Not to forget Tzorvas - goalies have always been the problem in Greek teams, including the national one...)

What about Konstantinos "Kostas" Manolas - who is the soul of AEK despite of his age (i.e. 19)? He's played the EURO-games as well. And WELL!

What do you think about those oldies? Specially Katsouranis - who has now reached the world-class! (Not to forget Tzorvas - goalies have always been the problem in Greek teams' date=' including the national one...)[/quote']

Manolas was in my first post...

Katsouranis won't rise. Already 89 and will stay there.

Tzorvas has a good chance for a rise to 88.

ATHANASIADIS, Stefanos, i agree. i checked him out before i saw your thread and i got 82/83 :)

little game time but a few goals may help him up a bit :)

you have a tiny post count, but you aren't new to the game or forum are you ?

just wondering ! i know when i joined the forum i wouldnt have a clue about predicting stuff ha :P

Re: Respuesta: Risers from the Greece Superleague

Are you sure Stefan Athanasiadis will rise to 82??

No I'm not. The prediction is based on that PAOK's forwards has an average rating about 84-85 and he has third most minutes of forwards and he is their second best scorer. But you may well be right that it is a bit optimistic.

ATHANASIADIS' date=' Stefanos, i agree. i checked him out before i saw your thread and i got 82/83 :)

little game time but a few goals may help him up a bit :)

you have a tiny post count, but you aren't new to the game or forum are you ?

just wondering ! i know when i joined the forum i wouldnt have a clue about predicting stuff ha :P[/quote']

I haven't been very much to the forum. the predictions I've made before has been in my head and I've noticed that I'm quite often right in my thoughts. I'm far from ready doing a full league and it takes too much time.

I made a few predictions for scottish league. Check it out here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=89575

What do you lads think then of Charis (Charalampos) MAVRIAS? Only 17, but had several great moment at Panathinaikos - and was a key player at Greece youth national team. (And got a glimse of UEFA Champions League as well, against Rubin). Is now only 75.

I'll continue - again and again' date=' as I love Greek football... :)

How do you see [b']Giorgos Ioannidis[/b], who was excellent on EURO-U21 Qualifications, even in those play-off matches against Czech Republic (- in which Greece was beaten). He was also quite good at Panathinaikos in Super League..

Manolas was in my first post...

Katsouranis won't rise. Already 89 and will stay there.

Tzorvas has a good chance for a rise to 88.

Yes' date=' sorry. Silly me.

I'll see 85, even [b']86[/b] to Kostas Manolas... Those kind of great young talents - that play every game in a ('major') league - are rare. Well, maybe the reason is his 'story' - it's because his relative is Stylianos "Stelios" Manolas, the greatest Greek defender ever. :)

I'll continue - again and again' date=' as I love Greek football... :)

How do you see [b']Giorgos Ioannidis[/b], who was excellent on EURO-U21 Qualifications, even in those play-off matches against Czech Republic (- in which Greece was beaten). He was also quite good at Panathinaikos in Super League..

He aint got so many minutes (542), but he's started a couple of games for Panathinaikos recently and may get a small rise.

Yes' date=' sorry. Silly me.

I'll see 85, even [b']86[/b] to Kostas Manolas... Those kind of great young talents - that play every game in a ('major') league - are rare. Well, maybe the reason is his 'story' - it's because his relative is Stylianos "Stelios" Manolas, the greatest Greek defender ever. :)

Im AEK fan yes his uncle was the greatest but he is very good too!!

He is not that tall but he is fast and read the actions of strikers....also he will get a move cause AEK has very big financial problem and im afraid we will sellhim:(:(

What do you lads think then of Charis (Charalampos) MAVRIAS? Only 17' date=' but had several great moment at Panathinaikos - and was a key player at Greece youth national team. (And got a glimse of UEFA Champions League as well, against Rubin). Is now only 75.[/quote']

I guess he's one for the future but won't get a big rise this review, maybe 75 - 77.

I don't think Ninis will rise now' date=' to few minutes. I guess they won't rise him just on transfer rumours.

Marinos will maybe rise to 84.[/quote']

Well, Sotiris (Ninis) has been there for years. He was the youngest to play in Super League, youngest to captain Panathinaikos, youngest to this and that. And this season has been most consistent of all that he's been around.

I really can't understand what are the pitfalls that he can't became now a 89er? And the 90+ as the ManU transfer happens this summer, and he get's the position Sir Alex has planned to him. An there are many other clubs after him. :)

See:

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/01/premiership/united-strike-summer-deal-for-e10m-international

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2009/10/19/sir-alex-interested-in-panathinaikos-whizkid-sotiris-ninis/

http://footballholic.net/2009/10/28/panathinaikos-ace-sotiris-ninis-on-ac-milan-radar/

http://www.attackingsoccer.com/2010/09/all-you-need-to-know-and-more-about-sotiris-ninis/

Well' date=' Sotiris (Ninis) has been there for years. He was the youngest to play in Super League, youngest to captain Panathinaikos, youngest to this and that. And this season has been most consistent of all that he's been around.

I really can't understand what are the pitfalls that he can't became a 89er? And the 90+ as the ManU transfer happens this summer, and he get's the position Sir Alex has planned to him. :)[/quote']

You are PAO fan?

Εισαι Ελληνας?

Well' date=' Sotiris (Ninis) has been there for years. He was the youngest to play in Super League, youngest to captain Panathinaikos, youngest to this and that. And this season has been most consistent of all that he's been around.

I really can't understand what are the pitfalls that he can't became a 89er? And the 90+ as the ManU transfer happens this summer, and he get's the position Sir Alex has planned to him. :)[/quote']

sm dont rate the greek league very highly ( quite rightly) therefore he will struggle to get 89, and even more so 90 unless he moves.

sm dont rate the greek league very highly ( quite rightly) therefore he will struggle to get 89' date=' and even more so 90 unless he moves.[/quote']

Well... for some reason they rate French clubs high. Where are they in European competitions? And what about Dutch clubs? Most of the Germans? This year the Portuguese shoul be rated #1, as they got 3 out of 4 places at Eurocup. :) And how come those eastern european clubs (and their players) are rated so hig??

To be honest, Panathinaikos and AEK (and occassionally Olympiacos) are great clubs, and the games are fantastic. Well, Greece is # 12 in FIFA rankings.

Being a Greek, or playing at a Greek club should not be a handicap. All that counts is a performance. And there are lots of Greeks that perform...

[b']Mitroglou got very few minutes in Olympiacos and is now on loan to Panionios and will hardly rise from his 86.[/b]

Marinos will maybe rise to 84.

He has been getting a few caps for Greece recently, and right now he has 8 goals in his 10 starts; that kind of form could be good for a rise to 87.

sm dont rate the greek league very highly ( quite rightly) therefore he will struggle to get 89' date=' and even more so 90 unless he moves.[/quote']

See:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=gre/news/newsid=1602497.html

and

http://www.footballtransfertavern.co...-international

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/...sotiris-ninis/

http://footballholic.net/2009/10/28/...c-milan-radar/

http://www.attackingsoccer.com/2010/...sotiris-ninis/

SORRY, THE LINKS ARE NOT WORKING!!!

Well... for some reason they rate French clubs high. Where are they in European competitions? And what about Dutch clubs? Most of the Germans? This year the Portuguese shoul be rated #1' date=' as they got 3 out of 4 places at Eurocup. :) And how come those eastern european clubs (and their players) are rated so hig??

To be honest, Panathinaikos and AEK (and occassionally Olympiacos) are great clubs, and the games are fantastic. Well, [b']Greece is # 12 in FIFA rankings.[/b]

Being a Greek, or playing at a Greek club should not be a handicap. All that counts is a performance. And there are lots of Greeks that perform...

france usually get to the quarters of the champions league, greek clubs usually don't progress out of the group stages.

dutch clubs have a rating cap of 90. so you are just agreeing with me here.

the fact that you named 3 clubs in an entire league of "good" clubs is exactly my point. the whole league isnt quality, so goals against the lower divison teams arent that valuable !

eg scotland, look at their rating caps.

89 is the average rating of a mid table english or spanish team. you arent telling me greek teams deserve that ?