Sign in to follow this  
MammaPoor

Alex Song / Charlie Adam

Re: Alex Song / Charlie Adam

Not such a no brainer in my opinion.

Adams should get a rise for his performances this season, and a further rise once he moves in the Summer to a top 4 or 5 team. Could well be plus 90 within 12 months if he holds down a regular place.

Song won't rise at the season end, I don't think, but if he would go straight in to your first X1 he is your man. But Adams is possibly a better choice for trading/rising in the shorter term though.

MH.

Adams should get a rise for his performances this season' date=' and a further rise once he moves in the Summer to a top 4 or 5 team. Could well be plus 90 within 12 months if he holds down a regular place.

Song won't rise at the season end, I don't think, but if he would go straight in to your first X1 he is your man. But Adams is possibly a better choice for trading/rising in the shorter term though.

MH.[/quote']

90+ ???:eek: maybe at some better team! Buy Song mate without a blink!

Adams should get a rise for his performances this season' date=' and a further rise once he moves in the Summer to a top 4 or 5 team. Could well be plus 90 within 12 months if he holds down a regular place.

MH.[/quote']

Wow 6 months of good form in the premiership and all of a sudden your potentially a 90+ player within 12 months.

Not a chance !

He may not even get this rise your predicting, as his form is no where near as good as pre january.

MH.[/quote']

No. Just no.

DH

True, his form has dropped with the overall performance of the team.

But if he joins either Liverpool or Spurs, as was mooted in January, he is likely to rise. Witness Carroll who rose without barely starting a game. I would say he is more likely to rise to 90 than Song is to say 93, and I do rate Song as a player.

Anyway time will tell.

MH.

I honestly do not think Charlie Adam is that good:cool: He looses the ball far to often and when he does loose it, it often results in a goal against Blackpool. Also even if he does move to either Liverpool or Tottenham is it likely that he will start? As Liverpool have Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, maybe Aquilani and Spearing all competing for the midfield spot and I can't see him being used instead of any of them apart from Spearing. Also at Tottenham they have Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, Sandro and Van Der Vaart who can play in CM so it would also be difficult for him to get games there which will halt any rise.

Whereas Song is a definite starter for Arsenal and IMO he should have risen to 92 last rating changes and if Arsenal eventually win a trophy he has a very good chance of 93. So go for song, he has a better rating, better club, definite starter for a top club and he is younger.