Scottish Premier League Predictions

Toon

Once again, all these predictions are based on stats alone (save the odd Celtic/Rangers player). This is the 'biggest' league I've done so far, so take up these predictions at your own risk, perhaps doing a little research yourself to confirm my conclusions is a good idea, since I don't know everything.:);)

Risers only.

124.jpg

Rangers

*Jamie Ness - 75 >>> 78* 78

*Kyle Hutton - 75 >>> 78/77* 75 - Credit to Arfon for the reminder

Gregg Wylde - 75 >>> 78/77 78

Richard Foster - 83 >>> 84/85 83

Maurice Edu - 86 >>> 87/86 86

Nikica Jelavic - 86 >>> 87 86

Steven Naismith - 87 >>> 88/87 87

371.jpg

Celtic

*Thomas Rogne - 80 >>> 83* 82

James Forrest - 80 >>> 83/82 82

*Kris Commons - 82 >>> 85* 84

Charlie Mulgrew - 83 >>> 85 85

*Emilio Izaguirre - 83 >>> 86/85* 86

Fraser Forster - 85 >>> 87/86 85

Gary Hooper - 85 >>> 87 86

Beram Kayal - 86 >>> 87/88 86 - Credit to Over and Over

43.jpg

Hearts

Ryan Stevenson - 80 >>> 82/83 81

*David Templeton - 80 >>> 83* 82

Stephen Elliott - 80 >>> 82/83 81

Marian Kello - 83 >>> 84/85 83

Ismael Bouzid - 83 >>> 84/85 83

1519.jpg

Dundee United

*Barry Douglas - 75 >>> 80* 78 (:()

*Keith Watson - 78 >>> 82/81* 80 - Credit to Glenn Hysen

Johnny Russell - 77 >>> 80/81 80

David Robertson - 81 >>> 83 82

Sean Dillon - 83 >>> 84/85 83

*David Goodwillie - 84 >>> 86/85* 85

2553.jpg

Kilmarnock

Anssi Jaakkola - 75 >>> 78 77

*Mohamadou Sissoko 78 >>> 82/81* 80

*Liam Kelly - 80 >>> 83/82* 82

Jamie Hammil - 81 >>> 83 82

Manuel Pascali - 81 >>> 82/83 81

Cameron Bell - 82 >>> 84 82

987.jpg

Motherwell

*Shaun Hutchinson - 76 >>> 80* 78

Darren Randolph - 80 >>> 83/82 81

Chris Humphrey 81 >>> 83/82 82

Steve Jennings - 82 >>> 84/83 82

2451.jpg

Inverness CT

Gavin Morrison - 73 >>> 75 75

Shane Sutherland - 73 >>> 76 76

*Graeme Shinnie - 75 >>> 80/78/79* 78

*Nick Ross - 77 >>> 81/82* 80

Ross Tokely 78 >>> 81/80 80

Eric Odihambo - 78 >>> 80 78

Lee Cox - 78 >>> 80

903.jpg

Hibernian

David Stephens - 72 >>> 75 75

*Callum Booth - 75 >>> 78* 78

Richie Towell - 75 >>> 77 78

Daniel Galbraith - 77 >>> 79/80 78

Mark Brown - 80 >>> 82/83 81

Paul Hanlon - 82 >>> 84/83 82

2578.jpg

St Johnstone

Stevie May - 75 >>> 77 76

Cleveland Taylor - 77 >>> 80/79 78

Steven Anderson - 78 >>> 80 79

Sam Parkin - 78 >>> 80 78

370.jpg

Aberdeen

Clark Robertson - 75 >>> 77 75

*Robert Milsom - 75 >>> 80/79* 77

*Ryan Jack - 75 >>> 80/78/79* 78

Rory McArdle - 77 >>> 80/79 79

Josh Magennis - 77 >>> 79/80 78 - Credit to Biffy Clark

*Scott Vernon - 78 >>> 81* 79

Chris Maguire - 82 >>> 83/82 83

465.jpg

St Mirren

Kenny Mclean - 75 >>> 77/78 76

Sean Lynch - 75 >>> 78 76

Marc McAusland - 77 >>> 79/80 78

Darren McGregor - 77 >>> 80 78

Jule Travner - 78 >>> 81/80 78

2999.jpg

Hamilton Academical

*Alistair Crawford - 70 >>> 75/76/77* 75

Tom Elliott - 73 >>> 75 73

Andy Graham - 75 >>> 78/79 77

Mark Carrington - 75 >>> 77 76

*Nigel Hasselbaink - 76 >>> 78/79* 78

David Buchanan - 77 >>> 79/80 78

Jon Routledge - 77 >>> 79/80 78

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Re: Scottish Premier League Predictions

Any chance Anthony Watt will rise?

hard to tell, no involvement in the first team squad at Celtic but has been doing well in the youth teams. he might warrant a small rise for his involvement for Airdrie before his move to Celtic. From what I've seen of him since his move, he looks a very talented and skillful player. Just remains to be seen how he develops in the next few years.

Another likely riser for Celtic is Beram Kayal who should get a +1 or maybe +2. Along with Izzaguire and Hooper, he has stood out as one of our best performers this season. His presence is vital to how our whole team plays and its no coincidence that our period of poor form towards the end of 2010 came when he was injured. We went on an excellent run when he returned, only to lose to Motherwell when he was suspended for a game. In fact, if you're predicting a possible 88 for Edu, then Kayal should be pushing for 94 or 95 :D

a small rise for him would be about right, but I think he is a player to have for the future, a move to the english premier league is likely, albeit hopefully not for a few seasons.

Any chance Anthony Watt will rise?

He might get a rise to 75 simply to bring him up to the minimum level. But otherwise he won't rise, and certainly no higher than that as he hasn't appeared for Celtic and has been playing for Airdrie United in the Second Division.

Thank you to everyone else.

Another likely riser for Celtic is Beram Kayal who should get a +1 or maybe +2. Along with Izzaguire and Hooper' date=' he has stood out as one of our best performers this season. His presence is vital to how our whole team plays and its no coincidence that our period of poor form towards the end of 2010 came when he was injured. We went on an excellent run when he returned, only to lose to Motherwell when he was suspended for a game. In fact, if you're predicting a possible 88 for Edu, then Kayal should be pushing for 94 or 95 :D[/quote']

As I said at the outset, my predicitons are based solely on stats, I saw Kayal only had 1223 minutes (and has been subbed out in a lot of those games) with only one goal and one assist and therefore didn't expect him to rise any higher as beyond 86 in the SPL is reserved for only the very best performers. Fair enough, I'll add your opinion to the list since you actually watch the SPL regularly. I predicted Edu to get that rise as he has made more than double the appearances has has ever made in a season for Rangers with over 3000 minutes including games in the Champions League. This makes him a regular for Rangers, and their top players are rated 88.

I'd appreciate if you didn't make sarcastic comments at me please, I know you probably hate Rangers with a passion but it isn't constructive.

Good thread mate.

What the chances of Kyle Hutton maybe getting a rise?

Noticed he's subbed a few times' date='but has also made Champions League appearences.[/quote']

Can't believe I missed him, as I have noted him in the past!:confused: Personally, I'll put him down for a 75>78 since he's played over 500 minutes for the currently top team in Scotland (including in the Champions League as you say) as well as an appearance in the Scottish under-21 side. That said, I wouldn't be completely surprised if he went to 80, given who his games have been for but I'm going to play it safe and stick with 78.

As I said at the outset' date=' my predicitons are based [b']solely on stats[/b], I saw Kayal only had 1223 minutes (and has been subbed out in a lot of those games) with only one goal and one assist and therefore didn't expect him to rise any higher as beyond 86 in the SPL is reserved for only the very best performers. Fair enough, I'll add your opinion to the list since you actually watch the SPL regularly. I predicted Edu to get that rise as he has made more than double the appearances has has ever made in a season for Rangers with over 3000 minutes including games in the Champions League. This makes him a regular for Rangers, and their top players are rated 88.

I'd appreciate if you didn't make sarcastic comments at me please, I know you probably hate Rangers with a passion but it isn't constructive.

jeezo, lighten up mate, was only having a wee joke.

rating aren't based solely on stats, so there's little point in making your predictions based on them without considering form.

Rangers have a very small squad with not many options and whilst Edu has played lots of games, he has been largely criticised by Rangers fans as being one of their poorest performers this season. I would be surprised if his rating goes up to be honest.

Kayal has admittedly not played as much, but this was largely due to an injury half way through the season and also a lack of European games. He's also a defensive midfielder, so his goals/assists shouldn't really be that important a factor. He is easily one of the best players in the SPL this season and to suggest that he is an 86 rated player whilst Edu is an 87/88 is pretty ill informed. It's purely my opinion but I'd go as far as saying Kayal has been the best midfielder in the league.

it is generally a good prediction and I was only trying to have a bit of a discussion, that's what a forum is all about. wasn't expecting you to change anything. you've obviously put in a lot of effort checking stats so fair play to you. If you don't watch much SPL, then hopefully those of us who do can help flesh out your research with some opinions.

My apologies then, I do appreciate you taking the time to share opinions of course, I think I'm just a bit sensitive as I see people show some shocking disrespect to people who take the time to do ratings on here. I will adjust my predictions accordingly. Please feel free to share any other feelings you may have.:)

My apologies then' date=' I do appreciate you taking the time to share opinions of course, I think I'm just a bit sensitive as I see people show some shocking disrespect to people who take the time to do ratings on here. I will adjust my predictions accordingly. Please feel free to share any other feelings you may have.:)[/quote']

As I said, it's generally a good list and you have pinpointed the main players to keep an eye on. Outside celtic and rangers, templeton and goodwillie are probably the main guys to watch. Adam rooney at inverness is another who might get himself a move with his impressive scoring record.

It might be worth noting that commons only signed in january, so his record of 9 goals (i think) from midfield has been particularly impressive. He also had a good record for derby before he signed, so he might be in for a slightly bigger rise. If not he probably will next season if he keeps it up.

Fraser Forster was reviewed in the English ratings and rose to 85. I'm curious at to wither or not they'll review him again.

I have a Celtic ratings thread in the team section if you fancy a look. :)

Kayal should get 88 imo. He's a certainty for at least +1.

If Edu rises to 88 I may quit the game. kidding!

EDIT: I feel if Hooper gets 87 (which he deserves, BIG TIME), Stokes should get a +1 too. After all, he's scored more!

Hooper, Stokes and Jelavic on the same rating would make perfect sense. Terrific players.

Fraser Forster was reviewed in the English ratings and rose to 85. I'm curious at to wither or not they'll review him again.

I have a Celtic ratings thread in the team section if you fancy a look. :)

Kayal should get 88 imo. He's a certainty for at least +1.

If Edu rises to 88 I may quit the game. kidding!

You're right' date=' but Edu has no chance of rising to 88, so you'll still be on the game when Scotland are finished;)

Edu isn't a 86 rated player imo, but he'll get 87 due to stats. Davis is much better than Edu, and to have Edu in the same sentence as Davis is wrong:)

[b']86-87[/b] imo for Edu;)

EDIT: And I agree on your edit:) Hooper is a great player, along with Jelavic. Stokes-I don't really rate, but I might just be being biased:o

I like Stokes' date=' think he is often underated and his link up play with Hooper is excellent, Hoops is the better player though

If Stokes keeps up his goalscoring form, he should be 87, but Hooper can probably reach 88[/quote']

I suppose Stokes does play well up front with Hooper.

Celtic's best player is easily Izaguirre or Kayal imo:cool:

Maguire has no chance of 84 due to our poor league position. Milson should be rated 80 due to being his best player. Magennis should also rise at least to 78.

Hooper is the better player IMO and Stokes is a goal scorer but he still good.

Izaguirre is a great player he tore us apart definitely worth a rise to 86/87.

Maguire has no chance of 84 due to our poor league position. Milson should be rated 80 due to being his best player. Magennis should also rise at least to 78.

Hooper is the better player IMO and Stokes is a goal scorer but he still good.

Izaguirre is a great player he tore us apart definitely worth a rise to 86/87.

Yeah' date=' Hoopers all round game is probably a lot better. Would love to see how many assists he has.

[b']EDIT:[/b]

Hooper

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/66564/gary-hooper?cc=5739

20 games

16 goals

7 assists

Stokes

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/71648/anthony-stokes?cc=5739

29 games

15 goals

7 assists