• Chamillionaire
    • Young Buck
    • Tony Yayo
    • Chris Brown
    • Lupe Fiasco
    • Timbeland

Re: Who is the best rapper?

He does it better.

how?? he's just an angry man who raps about his fantasies about killing his wife!!! his first two albums were good but the latter two were nowhere near the quality of his first 2, and compare that to the work of the other three and its not a contest who's the better rapper

how?? he's just an angry man who raps about his fantasies about killing his wife!!! his first two albums were good but the latter two were nowhere near the quality of his first 2' date=' and compare that to the work of the other three and its not a contest who's the better rapper[/quote']

Just have to wait for him to get shot then he'll be amazing!

Eminem = the best rapper EVER! Please do not argue as my opinion is more valid..

Thankyou and goodnight!

Some classic albums I must recommend that haven't been mentioned as far as I can tell:

Outkast - Stankonia

GZA - Liquid Swords

Gang Starr - Step In The Arena

Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers

The Roots - Phrenology

Roots Manuva - Run Come Save Me

These are just a few that came to my head, but most albums by these artists are of a high standard.

Other than this I believe Bob has already mentioned Mos Def and Talib Kweli, who are criminally underrated.

Some classic albums I must recommend that haven't been mentioned as far as I can tell:

Outkast - Stankonia

GZA - Liquid Swords

Gang Starr - Step In The Arena

Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers

The Roots - Phrenology

Roots Manuva - Run Come Save Me

These are just a few that came to my head' date=' but most albums by these artists are of a high standard.

Other than this I believe Bob has already mentioned Mos Def and Talib Kweli, who are criminally underrated.[/quote']

Gene, Gene, Gene! You are a man of impeccable taste! Though I'd favour 'Aquemini' over 'Stankonia' :D

Gene' date=' Gene, Gene! You are a man of impeccable taste! Though I'd favour 'Aquemini' over 'Stankonia' :D[/quote']

An equally fine choice sir. Just picked my personal favourite from each. Was also a toss up between Phrenology and Things Fall Apart.

A bit more of an acquired taste, bit Madlib, MF Doom and J Dilla's work is also excellent - Jaylib/Madvillain/Quasimoto. Essentially, anything produced by Dilla is worth a look.

An equally fine choice sir. Just picked my personal favourite from each. Was also a toss up between Phrenology and Things Fall Apart.

A bit more of an acquired taste' date=' bit Madlib, MF Doom and J Dilla's work is also excellent - Jaylib/Madvillain/Quasimoto. Essentially, anything produced by Dilla is worth a look.[/quote']

Again, there are many choice cuts there Gene! I personally would have went for 'Thing Fall Apart' myself but it isn't too clear cut! :)

My first post....

I know i'm an old man delving into the depths of time but someone needs to mention Gil Scott Heron. If you haven't heard of him' date=' do yourself a big favour and educate yourself about this pioneer of what has led on to become today's rap music.[/quote']

I like a bit of Gil from time to time. I'm no real connoisseur of his but his best of is always on my i-pod. 'Get out of the ghetto blues' and 'The Bottle' are great songs. I do think you're right, he was a pioneer, but not of the rap that we tend to see today. I don't think much of what is around now mirrors his social conscience. But when I hear Tupac songs, like 'Brenda's got a baby', I can't help but see a Scott-Heron influence.

Yes i am but that is not the reason' date=' Eminem is THE best rapper, no one else is better, he is THE best rapper of all time.. [b']Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong as my opinion is more valid..[/b]

Thankyou and goodnight.

tbh, with posts like this especially the bit in bold i think he is trying to impersonate Louis :rolleyes: