Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

Sorry if these questions have already been answered before but...

BARRIOS' date=' Lucas[/b'] 90 -> 91?

2476 minutes and 16 goals for the champions

GUSTAVO, Luiz 88 -> 89/90?

1074 minutes, 1 goal and 3 assists. Also I heard he's played a few games at LB, any chance of Luiz changing to a DM/LB?

There is a great first post in this thread, where every player is listed together with his rating prediction.

my opinion:

Barrios 90 -> 91/90

Gustavo 88 -> 89/88 (no chance to hit 90). it's difficult to say if there will be a position change, as he played as a DM, LB and CB for Bayern. But as a LB and CB he didn't played very well, so his main position is obviously DM. Though I think there should be a position change to DM/LB as you said.

Hi,

I'm looking for a young CM or DM that is going to keep getting better and i'm torn between buying Joel Matip or David Alaba.

What do you guys think? Looks like both are in with a shout of a +1 rise this time but which is the better player/has more potential?

Hi' date='

I'm looking for a young CM or DM that is going to keep getting better and i'm torn between buying Joel Matip or David Alaba.

What do you guys think? Looks like both are in with a shout of a +1 rise this time but which is the better player/has more potential?[/quote']

Alaba - no question.

Will Alaba stay as a CM as first position though or does he play more on the left?

Is he likely to get any games for Bayern next season when he returns from loan?

I would think his designation will stay for now. Too early to say if he will get much game time next season, more likely to get loaned out to Hoffenheim again.

Phil, I checked the first page, and searched the thread and saw that Sergio Escudero (Schalke) isn't going to rise from his current 82 rating, despite the fact that he has made 6 appearances for Schalke in the Bundesliga and 4 appearances for Schalke in the Champions League all since his last rise. I understand that Schalke had a poor season league wise but did fairly well in the Champions League, am wondering if he doesn't deserve even a small rise, +1 maybe

hey phil great thread.

just a couple questions about schalke. they had a good run in the champions league/won the cup and with moravek and holtby returining what line up/formation do you think they will play with their current squad?

i have uchida, moravek and holtby and have heard good things about them and having watched uchida know he is a great talent for the future.

do you think moravek and holtby will get much game time?

thanx for takn time out to answer.

Hi Phil, I searched the thread and it doesn't look like anyone has brought this up, but once again Contento isn't going anywhere?

It wan't long ago he was predicted to be the next big thing. I see is still getting minutes for bayern (quite a few later on on the season from the look of it) so can I assume you just don't rate him? Should I get rid of him or do you see him becoming something better next season?

I know you don't like predicting beyond the next changes I just want to know if you see any potential there or if he looks like someone who has reached their level as a bit part player.

Cheers,

hey phil great thread.

just a couple questions about schalke. they had a good run in the champions league/won the cup and with moravek and holtby returining what line up/formation do you think they will play with their current squad?

i have uchida' date=' moravek and holtby and have heard good things about them and having watched uchida know he is a great talent for the future.

thanx for takn time out to answer.[/quote']

I'll try to answer for Phil.

From what i know, Schalke are reported in debt trouble and it is probably one reason why Neuer may be leaving them for another team. Thus, i reckon that while Uchida (not sure about Moravek) has improved quite a bit after the winter break since his transfer last summer. It is likely he will be a starter next season.

As for Holtby, i think he is a good talent (as he has shown at Mainz and helped them to a European spot) but perhaps not on the levels of Gotze (at Dortmund). Therefore, he should get lots of playing time next season but don't expect him to be playing a lot for the German national team which in return is likely to affect how high his rating will raise.

Cheers,

Roy

To Bristol Blue:

Contento has had injury problems at the start of the season. The major problem is that if Bayern sign a left-back like Coentrao, i think we shouldn't expect him to see a lot of playing time. Contento is decent but not spectacular.

Cheers,

Roy

Hi' date='

What do you guys think? Looks like both are in with a shout of a +1 rise this time but which is the better player/has more potential?[/quote']

Definitely Alaba. And he'll remain a CM, maybe change to DM.

Ballack won't drop :o ???

There's a chance he might' date=' but tbh, his performances have been quite decent recently sicne he came back from injury.

Phil, I checked the first page, and searched the thread and saw that Sergio Escudero (Schalke) isn't going to rise from his current 82 rating, despite the fact that he has made 6 appearances for Schalke in the Bundesliga and 4 appearances for Schalke in the Champions League all since his last rise. I understand that Schalke had a poor season league wise but did fairly well in the Champions League, am wondering if he doesn't deserve even a small rise, +1 maybe

Hmm, I thought I had edited his rating prediction when I reviewed my predictions not too long ago, but obviously forgot to upload the newer picture. I have him down as a +1, possible but unlikely +2.

hey phil great thread.

i have uchida' date=' moravek and holtby and have heard good things about them and having watched uchida know he is a great talent for the future.

thanx for takn time out to answer.[/quote']

I'll make a Bundesliga summer transfers thread similar to the thread I made for the winter summer window (http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=77695), where I will show the tendencies I think the players will go. Should be up in a week or two.

Hi Phil' date=' I searched the thread and it doesn't look like anyone has brought this up, but once again Contento isn't going anywhere?

It wan't long ago he was predicted to be the next big thing. I see is still getting minutes for bayern (quite a few later on on the season from the look of it) so can I assume you just don't rate him? Should I get rid of him or do you see him becoming something better next season?

I know you don't like predicting beyond the next changes I just want to know if you see any potential there or if he looks like someone who has reached their level as a bit part player.

Cheers,[/quote']

Contento is a very average player IMO, and not really a massive talent. His injury certainly hasn't helped his development either. Unless he improves quite a bit, I don't see him as much more than an mid-table club defender.

Re: Respuesta: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

Phil' date='

I've seen that you predict no drop for Ribery, did he recover his form at Bayern? Any slight chance of him dropping?

Thanks in advance and as always, outstanding job![/quote']

He never dropped before, so why should he drop now that he's played really well?

And why should the Bundesliga lose its highest-rated player in the year they got past Italy who even have 96 rated players?

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

He never dropped before' date=' so why should he drop now that he's played really well?

And why should the Bundesliga lose its highest-rated player in the year they got past Italy who even have 96 rated players?[/quote']

Thats why i ask if he recovered his form. His no-drop in the past two or three reviews has been critizised everywhere and i wanted to know if he started playing in a great form again. I have him in one of my teams and i have a juicy deal on the table for him, but if he is safe then no way im letting him go.

Thanks.

Germany have amazing generation of young players,what is your opinion

who is most talented of this young GK:Kevin Trapp,Sven Ulreich,Ron-Robert Zieler,Marc-André ter Stegen,Oliver Baumann,Ralf Fährmann,:confused:

Also,what you think about Sonny Kittel and Alexander Schwolow,i think that they are bigest Germany talents,with Gotze and Draxler ofcourse..

Germany have amazing generation of young players' date='what is your opinion

who is most talented of this young GK:Kevin Trapp,Sven Ulreich,Ron-Robert Zieler,Marc-André ter Stegen,Oliver Baumann,Ralf Fährmann,:confused:[/quote']

I'd rate them:

• Baumann, Zieler, ter Stegen, Trapp
  • Ulreich
  • Fährmann

With the first 4 pretty much on the same level, maybe Baumann a little ahead of the rest as he has proven himself for a bit longer already, while the others have all played half a season max so far. On the other hand, it's impressive how ter Stegen, an 18/19 year old kid, managed to stabilize a defense that conceded goal after goal before. That, IMO, is an ability that is even a tad more important that great shot-stopping or picking up crosses.

Also' date='what you think about Sonny Kittel and Alexander Schwolow,i think that they are bigest Germany talents,with Gotze and Draxler ofcourse..[/quote']

First of all, Draxler is nowhere, nowhere near the class or talent of Götze. First there's Götze, then there's nobody for a long while, then still nobody, nobody for a little more, and then there's the rest. That 'rest' is still on level with the other 98% of talented players in their age group though. It's just that Götze is such an exceptional talent, like there's been none in Germany for a long time.

Now about the actual question. I wouldn't call those 2 the biggest talents behind Götze and Draxler either. What I've seen of Kittel in Germany's youth teams was impressive, and I've read a lot of good things about him. But what he's shown in the Bundesliga has been disappointing. I think the next year in the 2. Bundesliga with more chances of playing time will help him develop.

And I haven't seen/read/heard enough of Schwolow yet to give you a substantiated opinion, but if he really were an exceptional talent, I probably would have.

Tnx Phill,i am buying Trapp,he is my favourite,he was amazing in victory against Bremen(3:2),really impressing.

There is so many young talented players in Bundesliga,i know how good are guys like Gundogan,Reus or Schürrle,but can you rate those players:

Philipp Bargfrede,Änis Ben-Hatira,Sandro Wagner(he was actually only player from great U21 German youth team that isn't make anything by now,but he is back in form in the last couple of games),

Peniel Mlapa,Christian Clemens,Mehmet Ekici,Julian Schieber,Philipp Wollscheid(i would like to see this guy in Bayern),Marvin Plattenhardt,Lars Stindl,Manuel Schmiedebach(i really rate this player),Marcel Risse,Jan Kirchhoff(is he better then Bell?),

Tony Jantschke,Omer Toprak,Felix Bastians,Sebastian Jung.

And Dennis Diekmeier,i have him in my team,he was huge potencial before some time,but then that injury stoped his progres..Is he worth keeping?