Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

Re: Bundesliga Ratings 2010/2011 (III)

He does look promising' date=' and he will definitely rise further in the next few changes should he still be playing (semi-)regularly. In terms of potential, it's very difficult to tell. Sometimes he plays extremely well, sometimes he's barely visible. Nothing between a wasted talent that never made it and a future 90+ player can be ruled out. It'll definitely become extremely hard for him to make it in the NT due to the enormously strong, yet still (very) young competition in Özil, Müller, Podolski, Götze, Schürrle etc. in his position(s). It would really take a development similar to Götze's for him to make it into the German squad as at least an occasional/squad player.

[/quote']

Thanks for clearing that up :) hopefully he keeps getting chances as I've got him in alot of forum set ups.

Hey leverkusen have signed Omer Toprak to replace hyypia' date=' what is his potential rating?[/quote']

SNAP HIM UP IMMEDIATELY, THE FUTURE TASCI!

plus i hope he choses turkey over germany, because i dont see him breaking through with young star defenders like badstuber,contento,boateng,HUMMELS

Hey leverkusen have signed Omer Toprak to replace hyypia' date=' what is his potential rating?[/quote']SNAP HIM UP IMMEDIATELY, THE FUTURE TASCI!

plus i hope he choses turkey over germany, because i dont see him breaking through with young star defenders like badstuber,contento,boateng,HUMMELS

I disagree. Not necessarily with the comparison to Tasci, but with the 'SNAP HIM UP IMMEDIATELY' bit.

He just isn't the same since returning from his severe injury (multiple burnings after a kart accident), often making easy mistakes, looking slow and not concentrated.

It'll be hard for him to get into Leverkusen's team, in his current form he's clearly behind Friedrich, Reinartz and even Schwaab. And I doubt Dutt will rotate as much as Heynckes did.

I doubt that he'll rise high and by much.

Great thread as always Phil :)

I just have a couple of queries about two "non-risers":

Georg Niedermeier: He's made 37 appearances this season, the majority of which have been starts, 27 in the league and chipped in with 5 goals. I know Stuttgart have had a really poor season by their standards but even taking that into consideration i still think 86 is too low and would expect him to get a +1?

Atsuto Uchida: 34 appearances this season again majority of which are starts, 24 in the league as well as playing in the Champions League. He was also away for a month playing for Japan in the Asian Cup, which Japan of course won. He has been rated 87 since his time at Kashima Antlers and with the step up in level and the consistency he's shown this season i feel 88 would be a more accurate rating for him at this time?

Great thread as always Phil :)

I just have a couple of queries about two "non-risers":

Georg Niedermeier: He's made 37 appearances this season' date=' the majority of which have been starts, 27 in the league and chipped in with 5 goals. I know Stuttgart have had a really poor season by their standards but even taking that into consideration i still think 86 is too low and would expect him to get a +1?

Atsuto Uchida: 34 appearances this season again majority of which are starts, 24 in the league as well as playing in the Champions League. He was also away for a month playing for Japan in the Asian Cup, which Japan of course won. He has been rated 87 since his time at Kashima Antlers and with the step up in level and the consistency he's shown this season i feel 88 would be a more accurate rating for him at this time?[/font']

Well, both of them aren't exactly great at defending, and playing time alone for clubs in that region of the table simple isn't enough.

Sidney Sam' date=' 89?[/quote']

Scunnythorpe, unable to read?

Both questions have the same answer.

Well' date=' both of them aren't exactly great at defending, and playing time alone for clubs in that region of the table simple isn't enough.

[/quote']

I was taking into consideration that they were hopeless defenders, if they were good defenders i'd be expecting +2's for them ;)

Uchida i'd definitely expect 88, particularly if Raul has a chance of 91 :eek:

Thanks for the predictions.

Why get so wound up when people dont look at the first post though? Just ignore or refer them to the first page?

I was looking for a prediction for Petsos in the search box and I saw that someone said drop. Instantly thought, ah, must be Phil with another batch of german rating predictions.

Tbh' date=' that's way too much work, so no, I'm not going to tell you any hidden gems. Besides, there aren't really that many, just grab a couple of low-rated risers from the first post and you'll be fine.[/quote']

LOL was worth a try I've got a few of them already, Most of the young risers play for bottom half of the table clubs though. Hoping they move onto better things!

I've seen that you have Julian Draxler rising to 79/80. With him playing in games as big as a champions league semi final do you not see him getting any higher?

everywhere i have read gomez will stay, just wondered why?

i dont watch them play, but even tho bayern havent performed this season 35 from 43 including 8 from 8 in europe & probably the bundesliga golden boot is really up there.

is the impression that any rise will be delayed as bayern have done poorly? cheers:D

everywhere i have read gomez will stay' date=' just wondered why?

i dont watch them play, but even tho bayern havent performed this season 35 from 43 including 8 from 8 in europe & probably the bundesliga golden boot is really up there.

is the impression that any rise will be delayed as bayern have done poorly? cheers:D[/quote']

I think so. Though becoming 3rd in Germany (if Bayern can defend the 3rd place now) isn't too bad at all, it's simply not good enough for Bayern. Furthermore Bayern haven't really convinced in the CL. So it's IMO especially not good enough to warrant a rise for a player with a rating of 93 or higher.

However I expect Bayern to play a strong next season and then if Gomez still plays well I can see him rising soon as I think there are already quite a few forwards rated 93 or 94 that are worse than him.

By the way:

Dortmund have now confirmed that Ilkay Gündogan will move to Dortmund in summer. Certainly a player to keep an eye on.

Dortmund have now confirmed that Ilkay Gündogan will move to Dortmund in summer. Certainly a player to keep an eye on.

Absolutely!

I would be devastated to see Sahin leave since Dortmund is a very exciting team to watch at the moment (ok, maybe they need another striker) and was hoping for the same team to participate in CL next season. But i do suppose if Gundogan moves to Dortmund, 88/89 would almost most certainly be on the cards in another 2 updates time.

Another rumor that is going on is Nils Peterson to Bayern which I'm looking forward to... but thats just a goal.com article so... I'll apologise in advance :P

Robben is an Alien, he so deserves to swap ratings with Ribery...

I know Robben has been out for most of the season, but since the last changes he came back, and in 12 games in the Bundesliga (counting today's game too) Robben has scored 12 goals and made 9 assists...for a winger that is really alot, he has similar average to Messi and CR7 in the league.

Since he came back, Robben, prety much on his own, took Bayern and brought it to the CL places 3 points from 2nd place...

SM just cannot not consider giving him a 95 as SM should count the performances made since the last changes, and Robben has been simply outstanding since he came back, easely the best player in the league.

Id like your opinions Phil/Timesle or anyone else.

Robben is an Alien' date=' he so deserves to swap ratings with Ribery...

I know Robben has been out for most of the season, but since the last changes he came back, and in 12 games in the Bundesliga (counting today's game too) Robben has scored 12 goals and made 9 assists...for a winger that is really alot, he has similar average to Messi and CR7 in the league.

Since he came back, Robben, prety much on his own, took Bayern and brought it to the CL places 3 points from 2nd place...

SM just cannot not consider giving him a 95 as SM should count the performances made since the last changes, and Robben has been simply outstanding since he came back, easely the best player in the league.

Id like your opinions Phil/Timesle or anyone else.[/quote']

I already posted my opinion on Robben in another thread.

Based on his pure stats he certainly would deserve to rise. He is a very important player for Bayern.

But then I have to say that he was injured very long and played only few games this season. And regarding Bayerns' poor performance in CL (only reaching the knock out stage and getting beaten by a poor playing Inter) I don't think he will get a rise.

But I'll share my more detailed opinion now:

As written above IMO Robben indeed deserves to rise based on the stats but then he IMO hasn't played enough to get it. I rather think he'll get the rise in the after next changes when he will stay injury free until then.

However no doubt that he is currently better than Ribery. But Ribery is on form again' date=' too. So it would be (again) a bit undeserved to drop him now. Maybe the fact that Ribery won't drop (though being not as good as Robben) will increase Robben's chances to rise.

[u']Small input:[/u]

Ribery - Robben - comparison of this season.

Ribery:

25 (9) league games

7 (5) goals

17 (8) assists

(In brackets the number since the last rating changes)

Robben:

13 (7) league games

12 (8) goals

9 (6) assists

Furthermore we have to consider Bayerns' CL performances. And as written above the fact that they only reached the round of the last 16 makes it very hard for higher rated players to rise.

I think the CL failure weights much heavier than 'only' reaching the 3rd place in the Bundesliga. We can expect that they will play in the CL next season and after all they have been the best team of the second half of the season so far. Better than Dortmund and better than Leverkusen. (Stuttgart is third in this table. They have also been better than Dortmund so far ;), but that's off topic).

So basically I wouldn't be too surprised if both Ribery and Robben will keep their current rating and Robben's rating only will change at the after next changes.

Rather than Robben I can see two other Bayern players rising though the changes might be very small.

1. Thomas Müller
    At the beginning of the season he wasn't really good but then he steadily improved. 12 goals and 13 assists in the league are quite good for an attacking midfielder/ deeper playing forward. In CL he also scored 3 times and gave 3 assists. And finally he is (an important) regular of the German NT.
    Due to having a 'low' rating of 91 I think he has the chance to rise - even at a struggling Bayern.
  2. Mario Gomez
    27 goals in 31 league games. 8 goals in 8 CL games. Nothing more to tell. However he also already has quite a high rating. So I rate the chances to rise very small (though still higher as Robben's). Maybe 30 %.

I already posted my opinion on Robben in another thread.

But I'll share my more detailed opinion now:

As written above IMO Robben indeed deserves to rise based on the stats but then he IMO hasn't played enough to get it. I rather think he'll get the rise in the after next changes when he will stay injury free until then.

However no doubt that he is currently better than Ribery. But Ribery is on form again' date=' too. So it would be (again) a bit undeserved to drop him now. Maybe the fact that Ribery won't drop (though being not as good as Robben) will increase Robben's chances to rise.

[u']Small input:[/u]

Ribery - Robben - comparison of this season.

Ribery:

25 (9) league games

7 (5) goals

17 (8) assists

(In brackets the number since the last rating changes)

Robben:

13 (7) league games

12 (8) goals

9 (6) assists

Furthermore we have to consider Bayerns' CL performances. And as written above the fact that they only reached the round of the last 16 makes it very hard for higher rated players to rise.

I think the CL failure weights much heavier than 'only' reaching the 3rd place in the Bundesliga. We can expect that they will play in the CL next season and after all they have been the best team of the second half of the season so far. Better than Dortmund and better than Leverkusen. (Stuttgart is third in this table. They have also been better than Dortmund so far ;), but that's off topic).

So basically I wouldn't be too surprised if both Ribery and Robben will keep their current rating and Robben's rating only will change at the after next changes.

Rather than Robben I can see two other Bayern players rising though the changes might be very small.

1. Thomas Müller
    At the beginning of the season he wasn't really good but then he steadily improved. 12 goals and 13 assists in the league are quite good for an attacking midfielder/ deeper playing forward. In CL he also scored 3 times and gave 3 assists. And finally he is (an important) regular of the German NT.
    Due to having a 'low' rating of 91 I think he has the chance to rise - even at a struggling Bayern.
  2. Mario Gomez
    27 goals in 31 league games. 8 goals in 8 CL games. Nothing more to tell. However he also already has quite a high rating. So I rate the chances to rise very small (though still higher as Robben's). Maybe 30 %.

Tyvm for the very detailed answer ;), gotta spread tho :(.

I guess i will hope on the generosity of SM with Germany due to the new fifa ranking of the league, cuz i think that robben, after cr7 is the best winger around and deserves at least to be same rated as ribery.

Hey :)

Firstly, great thread.

Secondly, what do you think of Ron-Robert Zieler's long term prospects? I know you've put him down for a rise as he's played like 13 games for Hannover, but has he established himself as Hannover's No.1 or has he been playing because Fromlowitz got injured?

As you can tell I don't watch much German football, but I've recently taken over a Hannover and was wondering whether to sell him after his rise or not.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Hey :)

Firstly' date=' great thread.

Secondly, what do you think of Ron-Robert Zieler's long term prospects? I know you've put him down for a rise as he's played like 13 games for Hannover, but has he established himself as Hannover's No.1 or has he been playing because Fromlowitz got injured?

As you can tell I don't watch much German football, but I've recently taken over a Hannover and was wondering whether to sell him after his rise or not.

Thanks, much appreciated :)[/quote']

Definitely keep him, he's pushed out Fromlowitz solely due to his performances, which is why Fromlowitz will definitely leave Hannover after this season.

And let me put it this way. If Zieler was English, he'd already be in the NT squad. But that would also apply to Baumann, Kraft, and soon ter Stegen ;)

Definitely keep him' date=' he's pushed out Fromlowitz solely due to his performances, which is why Fromlowitz will definitely leave Hannover after this season.

And let me put it this way. If Zieler was English, he'd already be in the NT squad. But that would also apply to Baumann, Kraft, and soon ter Stegen ;)[/quote']

Haha ok, thanks a lot :)