Sign in to follow this  
Killaroo

The Official Horse Racing Thread

Re: The Official Horse Racing Thread

Gutted to hear the news that the great A P McCoy has decided to retire at the end of the season.

In terms of the greatest Sportsman in my time alive I honestly believe that he could be the very best of all time in any sport.

His dedication' date=' will to win, desire and sheer tenacity to keep riding at multiple meetings nearly every day of the year searching for excellence in his field, the constant weight draining, eating next to nothing and his longevity is quite staggering to be fair.

To do what he has done and win the Champion Jockey probably for the twentieth time this season is staggering truely staggering.

The finest jockey I have ever seen and provided many of the greatest moments in jumps history...

Will be missed immensely a word that is used way to freely but not in this case the man is a living Legend.[/quote']

Echo's my thoughts exactly. It was coming but knowing that doesn't make it any less sad.

Would love him to win on Mr Mole or Jezki at Cheltenham and cap things of on a high.

Echo's my thoughts exactly. It was coming but knowing that doesn't make it any less sad.

Would love him to win on Mr Mole or Jezki at Cheltenham and cap things of on a high.

TBF I hope he goes out on a high but preferably in different races or a big win at the Aintree festival.

In the Champions Hurdle I am on The New One EW at 6/1 ante

Oat and Hurricane Fly ante post at 12/1 both of which are shorter now so looks good and might lay them and get some guarenteed profit.

As for he Champion Chase has always been my fave race of the festival love the quick 2m over the big jumps seeing it live at the course the pace they go at is quite frightening!!

Got on Dodging Bullets was impressed with the way he beat Sprinter Sacre last time out looks a horse on the up. If SS is back to his best he will cakewalk it but after so long out and the injury problems he has had its a big risk and whilst these stories do happen more often that not they don't.

My best race for profit over the years has always been the World Hurdle had the winner last year at 16-1 ante post 10ew tidy profit!!

Love the jumps, Cheltenham for me is the greatest thing in racing, such a shame I have responsibilities and the like can't go mad like I used to with my bets :P

Much more a 5EW man now....crazy bets in the past ah the good old days :P

I've got a big year coming up, new house, new business in the pipeline etc so I am taking a massive break from betting until November if I go to Cheltenham but more than likely next years Cheltenham festival which I am already planning on going too.

I already have two ante-posts for the festival and the Grand National, but I won't be putting anymore on. I will still follow the festival, and may post a pick or two on here but I won't be betting on it other than what I have already placed.

Festival Ante-Post

Tuesday - Champion Hurdle - Jezki 6/1 (now 5/1)

Wednesday - Champion Chase - Champagne Fever 6/1 (now 5/1)

Thursday - World Hurdle - Zarkandar 7/1 (now 5/1)

Friday - Gold Cup - Silviniaco Conti 3/1 (now 10/3)

Silviniaco is my NAP of the festival, I love that horse.

Gran National Ante-Post

Rocky Creek 40/1 (with Paddy currently paying to 5 places)

I placed this a few days before he won the Betbright Chase at Kempton on Saturday, he has now gone into 12's.

Well, I was meant to be at Sandown today, hospitality, parade ring, the works, hosted by the jockey club and all but house and poorly puppy money affected me going.

But, and Steve can vouch for me, I have had the following:

Race 1: 16/1 winner

Race 2: Tricast 5/4, 11/8, 25/1

Race 3: 9/2 winner

Race 4: Forecast 9/4, 9/1

Days like this don't happen very often, and I have had nothing on them, words cannot describe lol. :o.

Luckily my mate who has gone has talked the jockey club into inviting us to Epsom.

Well' date=' I was meant to be at Sandown today, hospitality, parade ring, the works, hosted by the jockey club and all but house and poorly puppy money affected me going.

But, and Steve can vouch for me, I have had the following:

Race 1: 16/1 winner

Race 2: Tricast 5/4, 11/8, 25/1

Race 3: 9/2 winner

Race 4: Forecast 9/4, 9/1

Days like this don't happen very often, and I have had nothing on them, words cannot describe lol. :o.

Luckily my mate who has gone has talked the jockey club into inviting us to Epsom.[/quote']

Yup.

I have had the winner in race 2,3 and 4 :D

Paid for my ticket to the Gold Cup next Friday now :P

Jesus how much you pulled back in? i normally got to chester for the cup in july least i think its a cup ha...one of my mates has gone to Cheltenham with Betfred for the duration of the meeting next week

If you have never been to a Cheltenham Festival Preview evening then I suggest you try to really good crack very knowledgeable guests for the most parts and they allow you to question the panel at most events.

I have been to one for the past two years in London had people like Paul Nicholls, Mick Fitzgerald, Sam Wahley Cohen, etc and top pundits tipsters like John Mccririck, Mark The Couch Winstanley etc (not going this year, most would have been done by now anyhow) they are done all over the country and would highly recommend it to anybody.

If you are interested on YouTube you can usually catch a lot of these events on there they are usually posted once completed.

Nice' date=' winner in the first!

Coral's sign up offer came in as well. 5/1 for Walsh to win any race, printing money that.[/quote']

Winner in the second and had second E/W as well' date=' hopefully this luck continues.[/quote']

Both short priced favs :P

Ruby still has Faugheen and Annie Power to go today.

Bookies are taking a hiding so far.

Top darts.

Mullins has 3. will Annie Power make it a fantastic foursome?

Some serious twitching going on now.

Cannot believe it. 5 lengths clear. Jumps the shadow of the last, down!

So much money lost on that, bookies will be kissing the turf.

Horse and rider ok though which is the main thing.

One guy had a four fold:

King Georges - Silviniaco

Super Bowl - Patriots

Australian Open - Djokovic

Mares Hurdle - Annie Power

£180 returned £27k

I just want to give that guy a hug, not sure how I would react!

Cannot believe it. 5 lengths clear. Jumps the shadow of the last' date=' down!

Horse and rider ok though which is the main thing.

One guy had a four fold:

King Georges - Silviniaco

Super Bowl - Patriots

Australian Open - Djokovic

Mares Hurdle - Annie Power

£180 returned £27k

I just want to give that guy a hug, not sure how I would react![/quote']

26k not 27k ;)

Cannot believe it. 5 lengths clear. Jumps the shadow of the last' date=' down!

Horse and rider ok though which is the main thing.![/quote']

TBH anybody who bets on a horse at 4/9 at Cheltenham is in my eyes mental.

I understand Annie Power is so much better than all the mares I mean she was 2nd in the World Hurdle last year (thankfully as I had the winner!! :P) but I just can't be backing long odds on no real value.

How that race is a Grade 1 race is a farce, absolutely no strength or quality in that race whatsoever, I love Cheltenham but that race being a Grade 1 is quite frankly ridiculous.

Hardly had any best today as I'm pretty skint just paid out £1500 for new French doors which basically ate up my £350 I had set aside for this week along with my ante post bets. bar a 2ew on the last which didn't come in.

Still at least Hurricane Fly one of my Ante Post bets was a tidy return for a place so I'm ahead that's all that really matters.

Today looks to be a day with a lot more open races then yesterday.

Sticking with Sprinter Sacre today if the old boy is back to being fully fit then he wins it :P

Such a shame it wasn't to be for him and he was pulled up.