Sign in to follow this  
Killaroo

The Official Horse Racing Thread

Re: The Official Horse Racing Thread

Such a shame it wasn't to be for him and he was pulled up.

Can't be backing horses with Heart problems he was such a beast but backing him today was a leap of faith not a leap of logic.

Of course if you read back a page you will see that I had already warned you of this and give a rather tasty winning alternative in Dodging Bullets ;):)

Happy Days. :)

£56 up which considering I have only had four bets (three of those ante post as explained in last page) and very minimal compared to what I used to be very happy.

Can't be backing horses with Heart problems he was such a beast but backing him today was a leap of faith not a leap of logic.

Of course if you read back a page you will see that I had already warned you of this and give a rather tasty winning alternative in Dodging Bullets ;):)

Happy Days. :)

£56 up which considering I have only had four bets (three of those ante post as explained in last page) and very minimal compared to what I used to be very happy.

Heart over Head mate unfortunately for me, Would love to have seen him win one more time.

Dodging Bullets is a very smart horse though and won well.

Had a superb day yesterday' date=' went with £100 and came back with £610 after several drinks and food bought throughout the day.

Enjoy it tomorrow, Noisy.[/quote']

Cheers mate hoping to have some similar luck to you.

If Beltor bolts home in the first I will be sorted for the day.

So with the Grand National looming large this weekend it is time for a selection or two :P

My main bet is on THE DRUIDS NEPTHEW @ 12/1

My longshot is GOONYELLA @ 25/1

I do like SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR but with it being McCoys last Grand National it has been backed off the charts and anyone backing a 6/1 FAV in the 40 runners in the Grand National needs there heads testing.

Bet Victor are also paying 6 places where as Most currently only offering out 5.

So with the Grand National looming large this weekend it is time for a selection or two :P

I do like SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR but with it being McCoys last Grand National it has been backed off the charts and anyone backing a 6/1 FAV in the 40 runners in the Grand National needs there heads testing.

Bet Victor are also paying 6 places where as Most currently only offering out 5.

Goonyella was brilliant the other week, if J.J Burke is onboard I think he will be interesting, as is Many Clouds.

I wouldn't go near anything less than 10/1 with the amount of runners like you said. I like Balthazar King but he is getting a big short.

My shortlist that has been notebooked throughout the year is:

Balthazar King

Godsmejudge

Goonyella

Pineau De Re

Soll

Al Co

Rocky Creek

Royale Knight

Night In Milan

Many Clouds

The Package

Dolatulo

Portrait King

I normally go with 3 or 4, so how I narrow this down further I'm not sure.

I got on Rocky Creek weeks ago at 40/1, he is now 10/1 so loving that.

My other 3 are looking like Goonyella, Soll and Portrait King but I am far from decided.

Goonyella was brilliant the other week' date=' if J.J Burke is onboard I think he will be interesting, as is Many Clouds.

I wouldn't go near anything less than 10/1 with the amount of runners like you said. I like Balthazar King but he is getting a big short.

My shortlist that has been notebooked throughout the year is:

Balthazar King

Godsmejudge

Goonyella

Pineau De Re

Soll

Al Co

Rocky Creek

Royale Knight

Night In Milan

Many Clouds

The Package

Dolatulo

Portrait King

I normally go with 3 or 4, so how I narrow this down further I'm not sure.

I got on Rocky Creek weeks ago at 40/1, he is now 10/1 so loving that.

My other 3 are looking like Goonyella, Soll and Portrait King but I am far from decided.[/quote']

I'm sure I will end up backing one or two on the day for small pennies, I will be backing Horse No.29 regardless of who it is (Jacks Birthday)

I'm sure I will end up backing one or two on the day for small pennies' date=' I will be backing Horse No.29 regardless of who it is (Jacks Birthday)[/quote']

Same, with 6 or 26 :).

Just realised that isnt much of a 'short'list is it haha :P

I don't touch the Grand National. May as well throw a dart at the racecard and bet on wherever it lands.

It may look like a minefield but there are some general trends you can follow that over the years have been very significant pointers, if you can scratch away 5/8 of the field at least.

Weight, Age, course experience all things to be considered,

main pointers being people carrying 11 stone 2+ don't touch generally and anybody over the age of 10 have a terrible record.

Couldn't help myself and have had another flutter today.

A few to look out for....

Silvinaco Conti - I fancy it to win and put the Cheltenham performance to bed.

On The Fringe - Backed this horse when I was at Cheltenham and it won at 7/1 by 17 lengths in a competitive field.

Call The Cops - Another one I have followed and also backed at Cheltenham and again another who won very well at odds of 9/1

Add to that Harcam (Who I expect to win) at Evens.

Not betting as to much to pay for at present but if I had one bet today I cant fail to see past Arctic Fire as my Nap of the day.

Brilliant run in the Champion Hurdle, was staying on big time at the end the step up in trip should suit and he has Jeski held on all form lately.

If he gets the 2m 4f which he should I cant see him not winning.

Grand National

So I had Rocky Creek at 40/1.

My other 5 in the field I like are:

Spring Heeled 20/1

Soll 20/1

Many Clouds 25/1

Night In Milan 25/1

Goonyella 33/1

N/R Ash just had my stake returned :(

Will pick another one myself now

Since Goonyella is a N/R I have revised my longshot.

My main bet is on THE DRUIDS NEPHEW @ 12/1

My longshot is CARLITO BRIGANTE @ 66/1

6 places at Betvictor will come in handy for the long odds E/W