Does anyone respect Barcelona anymore?

Re: Does anyone respect Barcelona anymore?

You bore me.

Whether you love them or hate them' date=' surely everyone who has an ounce of football knowledge should be able to respect them for what they have done so far under Guardiola.[/quote']

what to get refs decisons (either by play acting or prob Platini playing off the refs) to get to the final of 2 champs leagues

I really respect that not

also i really respect how Barcelona (Messi) tried to dive in the 90 min to get a penalty today , btw that was scarasm

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe I created this thread in the first place, overreacted

Re: Does anyone respect Barcelona anymore? I never had any respect for Barcelona.I never will. It's amazing how they always get the decisions in their directions.Even then the people protect them an

what to get refs decisons (either by play acting or prob Platini playing off the refs) to get to the final of 2 champs leagues

also i really respect how Barcelona (Messi) tried to dive in the 90 min to get a penalty today ' date=' btw that was scarasm[/quote']

Your annoying even since your quiet that thread.

We post something you counter with the same when was the last time Messi scored internationlly, how can you score with four people about foot taller on you? You cant can you? Ronaldo is a very good player but he dives alot (1/100 for him to talk about barcelona diving) Your really are a idiot name a player who had to treated with growth hormone defiencey? or can you name a player who scored four goals in a champions league quarter/semi final? Once again you cant. He is 5ft 7inc thats smaller than most people on the forum who's the same height as him and plays aswell/

Bet you'll come up with when did Messi last scored a international goal.

also i really respect how Barcelona (Messi) tried to dive in the 90 min to get a penalty today ' date=' btw that was scarasm[/quote']

So, for example, Eduardo dived in a Champions League game a few years ago. You are telling me you now hate Arsenal purely because Eduardo dived? If that's the case I recommend you go & watch another sport. Whether you like it or not, (I don't btw) it's a part of the game & you have to accept it.

& referees won't get everything right. Just because one or two decisions go for Barcelona's way it doesn't mean that all referees will give everything in Barcelona's favour. Coventry had a penalty today that they shouldn't have, this doesn't mean that all referees will give everything Coventry's way. :rolleyes:

So' date=' for example, Eduardo dived in a Champions League game a few years ago. You are telling me you now hate Arsenal purely because Eduardo dived? If that's the case I recommend you go & watch another sport. Whether you like it or not, (I don't btw) it's a part of the game & you have to accept it.

& referees won't get everything right. [b']Just because one or two decisions go for Barcelona's way[/b] it doesn't mean that all referees will give everything in Barcelona's favour. Coventry had a penalty today that they shouldn't have, this doesn't mean that all referees will give everything Coventry's way. :rolleyes:

1 or 2 decisions their way lol

I can name tons of decisions that gone Barcelona's way in the champs league and weirdly enough no other club has decisions like it - Pepe, Del Horno, Motta, Van Persie red cards, higuain dissallowed goal, Chelsea screw job vs Chelsea in the semi finals where about 4 or 5 obv decisions went Barcelona's way

1 or 2 decisions their way lol

I can name tons of decisions that gone Barcelona's way in the champs league and weirdly enough no other club has decisions like it - Pepe' date=' Del Horno, Motta, [b']Van Persie [/b]red cards, higuain dissallowed goal, Chelsea screw job vs Chelsea in the semi finals where about 4 or 5 obv decisions went Barcelona's way

I consider that a non-starter. It was sheer stupidity on RVP's behalf.

Your annoying even since your quiet that thread.

We post something you counter with the same when was the last time Messi scored internationlly' date=' how can you score with four people about foot taller on you? You cant can you? Ronaldo is a very good player but he dives alot (1/100 for him to talk about barcelona diving) Your really are a idiot name a player who had to treated with growth hormone defiencey? or can you name a player who scored four goals in a champions league quarter/semi final? Once again you cant. He is 5ft 7inc thats smaller than most people on the forum who's the same height as him and plays aswell/

Bet you'll come up with when did Messi last scored a international goal.[/quote']

Messi last competitve international goal was 11th July 2007 in the 3-0 win vs Mexico, Messi scored in the 64th min i think and look it up if you dont believe me

Players dive, yes agreed, Ronaldo dives yes agreed

So what if Messi has a problem, what are we suppose to give him sympathy, most players have problems etc but they are unnoticed like Tim Howard or De La Red who had to retire

Messi can have 4 players around him, they is the most rubbish comment because their other threats on the pitch

Messi is 5ft 7inc, Chicharito is 3 cm taller can still score more headers then Messi, so that got nothing to do with it

Messi last competitve international goal was 11th July 2007 in the 3-0 win vs Mexico' date=' Messi scored in the 64th min i think and look it up if you dont believe me

[b']Players dive, yes agreed, Ronaldo dives yes agreed[/b]

So what if Messi has a problem, what are we suppose to give him sympathy, most players have problems etc but they are unnoticed like Tim Howard or De La Red who had to retire

Messi can have 4 players around him, they is the most rubbish comment because their other threats on the pitch

Messi is 5ft 7inc, Chicharito is 3 cm taller can still score more headers then Messi, so that got nothing to do with it

So why do you not hate Ronaldo compared to Messi?

Guest Scout Maker

Players dive' date=' yes agreed, Ronaldo dives yes agreed[/b']

You really are something special, you go on about how Messi always dives and then when Ronaldo does it you go all defensive...

Can't understand this...

I've only seen Chicharito score one header for United and that was that back-header against Stoke, Messi scored a header in the CL final off the top of my head and he's probably scored much more headers than Chicharito throughout his career...

I personally hate Barcelona, mainly because they dominate matches too much. Fair play they play wonderful football, but I like games to be close it's annoying when it's a rout almost every time they play somebody. But anyway that's off topic. I hate how theatric their players are. Granted there are a lot of teams like this these days, but nobody is as bad as Barca. The only players in their starting 11 who I've never seen dive are Xavi and Puyol I think. Messi tries to stay on his feet a lot of the time even when he's getting kicked, but he does still dive sometimes(i.e. tonight). Busquets is an absolute disgrace, if I ever saw him in real life and I had a drink in me I'd really have to use my iron will so I don't attack the priche lol. I agree that Barca have had favourable refereeing decisions in their way in the past, but I don't think it's anything more sinister than that.

I still respect them due to how they play football and the fact that they have wonderful footballers who are a breath of fresh air, but I don't like some of their antics (diving, cheating) etc. There's a minority that do it. About the referee's on their side, I think that the referreing issue is a bit unfair. Yeah, sometimes Barca get descions in their favour, but IMO the standard of referreing has dropped dramatically. I think ref's favour bigger teams due to the pressue from managers and since big teams have a bigger fan base, from the fans. I mean, ref's get death threats these days.

You really are something special' date=' you go on about how Messi always dives and then when Ronaldo does it you go all defensive...

Can't understand this...

I've only seen Chicharito score one header for United and that was that back-header against Stoke, Messi scored a header in the CL final off the top of my head and he's probably scored much more headers than Chicharito throughout his career...[/quote']

Ronaldo does dive, im not debating that, diving is a part of the game to some

Messi cant have 4 players around him, there other threats on the pitch like all the strikers in Argentina or Xavi, Iniesta etc for Barcelona

Chicharito vs Everton and i think he scored a 2nd header vs Stoke, there is another 2 header he scored and how long ago was that header of Messi's and btw Chicharito only started his career last season

I hate Barcelona, overrated just like Messi

Ronaldo does dive' date=' im not debating that, diving is a part of the game to some

Messi cant have 4 players around him, there other threats on the pitch like all the strikers in Argentina or Xavi, Iniesta etc for Barcelona

Chicharito vs Everton and i think he scored a 2nd header vs Stoke, there is another 2 header he scored and how long ago was that header of Messi's and [b']btw Chicharito only started his career last season[/b]

I hate Barcelona, overrated just like Messi

No he never he played a lot of games for Guadalajara.

If somebody offers you a job' date=' doing what you love, for loads of money, I'm sure most people would jump at that.

Its not like the money would have went to charity anyways, it would have probably been invested else where or summin.

I don't get why you say you have lost your respect for Barce, and not footballers as a whole anyway :confused: Its not like we are the richest team.[/quote']

I wanted to say that the fact that fifa has more members-countries than U.Nations and generally the power that has gained football industry frighten me

Barcelona for me was the team of Catalonian people, the voice of Catalonian people that want their independency. For me Barcelona was the rebel of global football, was a team that never had the favor of referees or greater powers, a team that was being fought by everyone, Barcelona against all.

Now i see arrogance, diving, cheating.

Also i don't like their playing style(after a point) 600-800 passes per game makes me sleep-tired.

But the fact that i really HATE:mad: is the how overrated(especially Messi) by everyone they are.

I accept that telling 'do not respect' is heavy and maybe i'm a little bit unfair. OK, i respect Xavi,Puyol.. and recognise that many players are from their youth squad.

I also repeat, Barcelona is probaply the best team now in the world and messi probably the best player but i preffered rivaldo's barcelona, ronaldinho's barcelona,romario's barcelona, ronaldo's barcelona.

And finally, Barcelona the last 4-5 year had no opponnents because there were no competitive teams, and when there were you know the results (Murinho's Inter,Hiddings Chelsea etc.I dont consider M.U as a competitive opponnent with Park and Carick and Oshea)

p.s english is a foreign language for me so i cannot express myself the way i want

I wanted to say that the fact that fifa has more members-countries than U.Nations and generally the power that has gained football industry frighten me

Barcelona for me was the team of Catalonian people' date=' the voice of Catalonian people that want their independency. For me Barcelona was the rebel of global football, was a team that never had the favor of referees or greater powers, a team that was being fought by everyone, Barcelona against all.

Now i see arrogance, diving, cheating.

Also i don't like their playing style(after a point) 600-800 passes per game makes me sleep-tired.

But the fact that i really HATE:mad: is the how overrated(especially Messi) by everyone they are.

I accept that telling 'do not respect' is heavy and maybe i'm a little bit unfair. OK, i respect Xavi,Puyol.. and recognise that many players are from their youth squad.

I also repeat, Barcelona is probaply the best team now in the world and messi probably the best player but i preffered rivaldo's barcelona, ronaldinho's barcelona,romario's barcelona, ronaldo's barcelona.

And finally, Barcelona the last 4-5 year had no opponnents because there were no competitive teams, and when there were you know the results (Murinho's Inter,Hiddings Chelsea etc.I dont consider M.U as a competitive opponnent with Park and Carick and Oshea)

p.s english is a foreign language for me so i cannot express myself the way i want[/quote']

Your english is fine :)

I wasn't a football fan at the time of Rivaldo's Barce etc, so I can't really comment on that.

First of all, its not really our fault that our opponents come with negative tactics, or the ref gets decisions wrong, we just play our football, and usually win :P

I think some people over-rate Messi, but he is the best footballer of our generation, but I think its too soon to call him the best ever. I agree that the commentators etc love him. last years CL final against Utd, he didnt do that much, but still won man of the match etc, when really he got that based of reputation rather than performance tbh.

Really, the fact that;

- Some people over rate Messi

- Other teams play very defensively against us

- Some decisions wrongly go our way

Is not our fault, theres not much we can do about that.

About the passing point, when the other team is playing extremely defensively, with a 6 - 4 0 formation :rolleyes: you need to pass about quite a bit to break them down.

Guest Scout Maker

Ronaldo does dive' date=' im not debating that, diving is a part of the game to some

Chicharito vs Everton and i think he scored a 2nd header vs Stoke, there is another 2 header he scored and how long ago was that header of Messi's and btw Chicharito only started his career last season

I hate Barcelona, overrated just like Messi[/quote']

Then why do you go on a rant about Messi diving....

The fact is, he did, which is what opened up the space for Aguero, Tevez, Palermo e.t.c. to score.

That's 2 headers you can mention and the 2nd against Stoke he poked in, please try and name me some more (oh and don't count the one that hit his face in the Community Shield...:rolleyes:).

Chicharito didn't start his career last season, he was playing for Chivas's second team (equivalent to Barcelona B) since 2005-2006.

EDIT: Off the top of my head I can name three headers Messi has scored and I'll have a look for more later...

Argentina - Portugal

Barcelona - Manchester United

Barcelona - Mallorca

Your english is fine :)

I wasn't a football fan at the time of Rivaldo's Barce etc' date=' so I can't really comment on that.

First of all, its not really our fault that our opponents come with negative tactics, or the ref gets decisions wrong, we just play our football, and usually win :P

I think some people over-rate Messi, but he is the best footballer of our generation, but I think its too soon to call him the best ever. I agree that the commentators etc love him. last years CL final against Utd[b'], he didnt do that much, but still won man of the match [/b]etc, when really he got that based of reputation rather than performance tbh.

Really, the fact that;

- Some people over rate Messi

- Other teams play very defensively against us

- Some decisions wrongly go our way

Is not our fault, theres not much we can do about that.

About the passing point, when the other team is playing extremely defensively, with a 6 - 4 0 formation :rolleyes: you need to pass about quite a bit to break them down.

Have you been supporting Barcelona since they been winning most things? I can even remember the Rivaldo, Kleivert era

About the Messi bit is a joke, he didnt do much but wins motm that just shows how much that he is overrated, btw he is overrated, Ronaldo is better

Do decisions go Real, Man utd, Chelsea etc way in Europe as much as Barcelona? no

The fact is' date=' he did, which is what opened up the space for Aguero, Tevez, Palermo e.t.c. to score.

That's 2 headers you can mention and the 2nd against Stoke he poked in, please try and name me some more (oh and don't count the one that hit his face in the Community Shield...:rolleyes:).

Chicharito didn't start his career last season, he was playing for Chivas's second team (equivalent to Barcelona B) since 2005-2006.

EDIT: Off the top of my head I can name three headers Messi has scored and I'll have a look for more later...

Argentina - Portugal

Barcelona - Mallorca[/quote']

And how long was them Messi headers goals?

Off the top of my head Chicharito scored a header vs Eveton, Stoke, i was thinking about West brom instead of Stoke, Wigan, Liverpool

I meant Chicharito career did start as he never played at a top flight club before

Chivas is in the Mexican top flight Rollaroundo fanboy. :rolleyes:

By Top flight I mean the in the world and not the mexican league.

The fact is' date=' he did, which is what opened up the space for Aguero, Tevez, Palermo e.t.c. to score.

Argentina - Portugal

Barcelona - Mallorca[/quote']

But you gotta say the Chicha goal(which hit his face)was pure genius.

Let's see Messi do anything close to such brilliance.:D

Guest Scout Maker

And how long was them Messi headers goals?

Off the top of my head Chicharito scored a header vs Eveton' date=' Stoke, i was thinking about West brom instead of Stoke, Wigan, Liverpool

I meant Chicharito career did start as he never played at a top flight club before[/quote']

In the past two seasons, also Barca more than 90% of the time play the ball on the ground in the opposition's half so he doesen't need to score headers.

5 headers, alot of which he just has to poke with his head, some are decent like the one against Wigan and Stoke, I admit, but for more than 50% of them he is unmarked and just has to get a touch on it. I know it's an old-fashioned cliche but most strikers would have scored the majority of headers he has. The same with Messi, I'm not saying he's a great player in the air, but he's by far not the worst.

Chivas are one of if not the biggest teams in Mexico... :confused:

EDIT: Kunasher, are you TalentSearcher? As you said "I Mean" in reply to a post quoted towards TalentSearcher...?

In the past two seasons' date=' also Barca more than 90% of the time play the ball on the ground in the opposition's half so he doesen't need to score headers.

5 headers, alot of which he just has to poke with his head, some are decent like the one against Wigan and Stoke, I admit, but for more than 50% of them he is unmarked and just has to get a touch on it. I know it's an old-fashioned cliche but most strikers would have scored the majority of headers he has. The same with Messi, I'm not saying he's a great player in the air, but he's by far not the worst.

Chivas are one of if not the biggest teams in Mexico... :confused:

EDIT: Kunasher, are you TalentSearcher? As you said "I Mean" in reply to a post quoted towards TalentSearcher...?[/quote']

Sry he means.dont worry I ain't him,aska mod,if he checks the IP,he'd find I'm in India and the other gut would be in ENG or something like that.

I am English

All of Chicharito headers havent been easy, he still need to guide them with power and out of the reach of the keeper

kunasher, i like what you said, but that goal was 1 in a million, he can never do it again, if he can i be shocked

Messi does need to score headers, and thats shows that he isnt the best in the world, he not the complete footballer

I meant Chicharito career starting at Man Utd, becasue that a very big step up

Guest Scout Maker

I am English

All of Chicharito headers havent been easy' date=' he still need to guide them with power and out of the reach of the keeper

kunasher, i like what you said, but that goal was 1 in a million, he can never do it again, if he can i be shocked

Messi does need to score headers, and thats shows that he isnt the best in the world, he not the complete footballer

I meant Chicharito career starting at Man Utd, becasue that a very big step up[/quote']

I never said all of them, the Wigan and Stoke ones were decent headers.

No he doesen't, good football is mostly played on the ground. Barcelona win alot of games 4 or 5-0, how many of those goals are headers?

I never said all of them' date=' the Wigan and Stoke ones were decent headers.

No he doesen't, good football is mostly played on the ground. Barcelona win alot of games 4 or 5-0, how many of those goals are headers?[/quote']

To be the best in the world, you must have mainly have everything like headering ability. What they show on Ronaldo: Tested to the Limit, Messi would never do it

Back to the topic, they win 4-0 or 5-0 like Real does and La Liga easy for them, I still disrespect them

To be the best in the world' date=' you must have mainly have everything like headering ability. What they show on Ronaldo: Tested to the Limit, Messi would never do it

Back to the topic, they win 4-0 or 5-0 like Real does and La Liga easy for them, I still disrespect them[/quote']

No to be the best in the world you need to be better than the rest of the world. Ronaldo maybe be overall better than Messi, but what Messi has in his locker is more effective than Ronaldo's. Messi would never do the tested to the limit because he doesn't speak english and if he was doing it, the tests will be different to suit him, just like Ronaldo.:)