Sign in to follow this  
jr231990

Official Norwich City Thread

Re: Official Norwich City Thread

NCFC%20BADGE.gif

Surprised not to see there isn't a thread for this great club. So here you go for all you Norwich City fans who are on Soccer Manager

:)

Probably not many!! :P

Quite enjoyed watching Norwich though when they were in the prem, didn't Bentley use to play for you?

I suppose I should explain myself as some may know me to be a MAn United fan which I am....but I've always had a soft spot for this club since the failed Play Off final match against Birmingham on penalties. Then during the trials and tribulations of the Premier League season of 2004-2005 I fell in love with the club.

Even through the relegations from the Prem to then the miserable period to which the club then got relegated from the Championship, the affection for the club has not died down one bit. :)

Probably not many!! :P

Quite enjoyed watching Norwich though when they were in the prem' date=' didn't Bentley use to play for you?[/quote']

Yeah he was on loan during the Premiership season in 2004-05 ;)

How's Pacheco doing for Norwich? Following him on twitter and he seems quite happy there.

Making substitue appearances now since Simeon Jackson has been on fire.

Looks a decent player mind, scored in the Derby against Ipswich in the 5-1 win ;)

What about Robert Green and Dean Ashton?' date=' granted Ashton didn't join until January[/quote']

I did say 'brief' memory, can't remember much you see, just the bit of MOTD flashback, another player who i think played for you was Darren Huckerby?

Anglia Home Improvements Player of the Season Award

1st Place: Grant Holt

2nd Place: Russel Martin

3rd Place: Wes Hoolahan

Grant Holt also picked up the Players' Player Award. Fair enough in my opinion. Russel Martin has become a top full back, and I'm sure he can prove worthy in the Prem next season. Can also see Hoolahan and Holt be key for survival, also Andrew Crofts.

The parade is today in the City Centre. Was well tempted to go down there, but a 3 hour drive and no money doesn't go well together :o

Haven't seen too much of him' date=' so cannot really judge. Norwich will need some premiership experience in the team for next season that's for sure (not implying Vaughan there)[/quote']

Looked very promising when he first came through and he still holds the record for the youngest ever Premier League scorer. However injuries massively affected his progression and nowadays he seems to just run round like a headless chicken.

Norwich look to have their first signing:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6954769,00.html

Well that's £2.5 million wasted already, what an awful signing. Considering we got Sinclair for £500k as a similar sort of player who hadn't quiet proven himself out on loan previously. Yes he's done well at Palace, but £2.5 million used to beable to get you the best player in the Championship - comfortably.

Well that's £2.5 million wasted already' date=' what an awful signing. Considering we got Sinclair for £500k as a similar sort of player who hadn't quiet proven himself out on loan previously. Yes he's done well at Palace, but £2.5 million used to beable to get you the best player in the Championship - comfortably.[/quote']

Dean Ashton was only £3million :o

See what you're saying. Lambert said needed 7 players, so hopefully the other 6 are worth it

Dean Ashton was only £3million :o

See what you're saying. Lambert said needed 7 players' date=' so hopefully the other 6 are worth it[/quote']

You'll be hoping the other 6 aren't strikers aswell. Had you got a decent loan like Pacheco again you could have been fine upfront with Jackson, Martin and Holt upfront aswell.

If i was in charge, i would only sign a loanee or someone for less then £1 million upfront as someone like Vaughan just wasn't needed. I would sign 3 defenders probably two centre-backs and a left-back along with Martin at the back along with a holding midfielder and a right-winger. A forward like Vaughan wasn't needed, and i think at the end of next season they'll be seeing this as a total waste of money.

Norwich City have agreed a fee with Millwall for striker Steve Morrison. Liked the look of him, but another striker? Must mean Chris Martin will be on his way, or out on loan.

Really hoping Norwich pick up a decent centre back and a centre mid with prem experience will be ideal.

Wondering if Lambert will stick with Ruddy as well

Norwich City have agreed a fee with Millwall for striker Steve Morrison. Liked the look of him' date=' but another striker? Must mean Chris Martin will be on his way, or out on loan.

Really hoping Norwich pick up a decent centre back and a centre mid with prem experience will be ideal.

Wondering if Lambert will stick with Ruddy as well[/quote']

I think you are after Mackail-Smith, it is rumored that it is between Everton and Norwich for his signature.

I think you are after Mackail-Smith' date=' it is rumored that it is between Everton and Norwich for his signature.[/quote']

Yeah was after him in January and apparently Peterborough upped the asking price. Gonna have so many front men :rolleyes: