Sign in to follow this  
jr231990

Official Norwich City Thread

Re: Official Norwich City Thread

Second Signing of the summer for you.

Another striker.

Millwall and Norwich City agree fee for Steve Morison.

Millwall have accepted an offer from Norwich City for striker Steve Morison and have allowed the Wales international to talk to the Canaries.

Seeing as you're relieving us of Bradley Johnson, I thought it was my duty to let you know what you're getting yourself into.

tumblr_lml9uqU2Ap1qlnqgxo1_500.jpg

I don't know his agent suckered you into signing him, but good luck.

*Quickly runs away before Norwich can return him*

Haha well I was taken aback with it. Although it was free. Only positive I can think of right now

EDIT: Although there was the goal against Arsenal :P

To be fair he'd make a decent squad player. He's a very, very limited footballer, with athleticism his only asset. He plays well at DM, but unfortunately he's too eager to get forward and just not disciplined for that role. He LOVES to shoot from range, and about 90% of his efforts end up in Row Z. I can only recall 3 goals from outside the box, one of which was the Arsenal goal, which was an absolute beaut, but also an absolute one-off.

From our end, he's a small loss. He's very replaceable. He's got no specific role - he's not a playmaker, not a goalscorer, not a ball-winner, likes to play box-to-box but can't shoot or pass. My only disappointment is that we've let him go for free, because he's only 24 and could demand a small fee otherwise. If we get a proper DM in, however poor (Montgomery, Southern, etc have been linked. Derry might not get much game time at QPR next season, who knows), would be an improvement as they are disciplined enough to play that role. That's all we need. That's a big part why we conceded so many goals (that and a shocking defence).

That said, if any manager can get the best out of him, I'd put my money on Lambert.

Guest drseanfitz

We'd like to draw your attention to the recent announcement by SM Dev (Ste) with regard to trolling on the general football sub-forum. We feel that the club threads should be used for discussing club issues and not winding one another up.

The General Football section of the Forum is one of the most popular areas, however, myself and the other Mods have noticed quite a big increase in the number of complaints being made about posts that come from this section of the Forum, more specifically in reference to 'Official Club' threads.

I've reviewed a lot of the reports, reviewed the section in general and discussed with some of the Mods on how we can tackle this.

Although we operate a quite a liberal policy within the 'Official Club' threads, that does not mean that trolling other members and their clubs will be tolerated.

Yes, football is all about rivalry, about having a bit of a laugh at the expense of your rivals, but when a member takes this to far on a rivals 'Official Club' thread by trolling it causes unwanted altercations and it also drives members away from the Forum.

Myself and the other mods do not want to start issuing infractions or banning individuals from the Forum, but if we think it is in the best interests of the community then that is exactly what we will do.

Please enjoy the 'Official Club' threads, but also respect other members and their clubs.