Sign in to follow this  
Jooles

The EC 7046 Formation Challenge

Re: The EC 7046 Formation Challenge

Im still up with this Jooles :)
Just to confirm i'm still up for this.....
Jooles' date=' i'm still up for this, great idea., worth waiting for. Guys, we need 5 more names, ask around and get this full up:D:D:D[/quote']
I'm also taking part in this - looking forward to it
Count me in...
me too :) still in

Excellent lads! I'm pretty sure that Nikidinho is still on board so I've just got to check in with StephenMUFC and we're close to making this a go.

I have an idea that would work perfectly with 10 so unless there's a sudden last minute rush let's aim for 1 more and then I put together something more concrete :)

Excellent lads! I'm pretty sure that Nikidinho is still on board so I've just got to check in with StephenMUFC and we're close to making this a go.

I have an idea that would work perfectly with 10 so unless there's a sudden last minute rush let's aim for 1 more and then I put together something more concrete :)

Indeed I am :)

Lets see who's lucky number 10 :P

i hate everything about this :mad: but im still up for it :P

Huh?! Like what' date=' the having to change formations? Can't we work this out? :)

Anyway, good to have you on board, err, I think...

I am in :)

Elton, you are the man! Great, so we now have all we need to make this work and anyone else coming on board is a bonus. :)

Just give me a chance to try and find some time to put something more concrete together (maybe even sometime next week :o) and I'll be in touch with everyone :D

I don't normally change formation myself coz my team is built around a diamond 4-4-2 but i need to alter sometimes due to injury/suspension

the formation challenge will help me find out what would happen if i use the other formations.

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome to my formation selections

Okay, just to get the ball rolling I see 3 things we need to figure out:

1) Fixtures. Who plays who and when?

2) Formation tracking. How do we keep on top of who's used what?

3) Communication. How do we let everyone else know what's gone on, game-wise and formation-wise?

Let's deal with them one at a time (and then anything else, if you think of it). I have a good idea what we need to do for each but let's put it out there to make sure you're all okay with it.

So first up, 1) Fixtures. There's 24 formations, and of course it would be nice to have all of us try and tackle each one of them. So, I'm thinking that we'll play a league of 18 games, 9 at home, 9 away.

Seeing as there's 12 of us that means that everyone won't play everyone, but that's okay, it just adds to the flexibility. And to make things super flexible (they're already about as flexible as you can get seeing as you can play your fixtures in any set-up providing all 3 of us - myself, you, and your opponent - are in that set-up), I'm thinking it's best if you can also choose your own fixtures/opponents!

So basically you can play anyone you want, whenever you want, providing you play no more than 2 games against them, one at home and one away. Like I posted below, the home team (challenger of the friendly) gets to pick the set-up, and you should do your best to accept that challenge.

How does that sound? Are you okay with an open fixture list? If you prefer instead I can generate a rough fixture list 'to aim for', I just figured keeping it open means no-one starts to get their knickers in a twist. Post your thoughts and when everyone's happy (as you can be) we'll move onto 2) Formation Tracking...

Then, after the 18 games the top 8 teams will go into playoffs, 1st vs. 8th, 2nd vs. 7th, etc. There'll be 2 legs, home and away (again, the home team choosing the set-up) for each round, so that's 2 more formations for the quarter-finals, 2 for the semis, and 2 for the final, making 24 in total :D

Oh, just to add, there's of course going to be friendlies flying around left, right, and center, and we'll have to be careful that there's not too much overlap because each manager has to keep track of the formations used. We'll can deal with that problem in 3) Communication, but for now let's just assume that we start off slow...

Okay, so Craig has proposed having a tentative schedule according to which we will all try and arrange our friendlies. It's probably much better than a free for all, so it would look something like this:

Friendly 1: To be played between Wed June 1 - Sat June 4

Friendly 2: To be played between Sun June 5 - Tues June 7

Etc.

How does that sound (schedule to be confirmed, obviously)? We could give it a go and see how it works for you all?

Okay, err, so NOTHING! :rolleyes:

HELLLLOOOOOO PEOPLE! :confused:

So for the complete non-response (Craig excepted) I'm guessing you all just want to be told how it is going to be and we'll just take it from there. Right? RIGHT?!

Okay, if that's how you want it...

There is one question you have to answer though to get this thing going. Craig has expressed a preference to keep the challenge JUST in 7046, not to have it played across whatever set-up works.

While I like the idea of meta-gaming and all the possibilities that playing football in multiple dimensions allows, it does make things rather complicated, and let's face it, keeping track of all the formations is going to be complicated enough.

Maybe let's not run before we walk hey? What do you say that we do it just through 7046? (and I'll try and run with the multi-dimensional footie idea elsewhere).

So, PLEASE! Speak up, so we can get this thing going. The question to all of you is: Are you okay to run the Formation Challenge just through EC7046? Yes or No? Thank you please.

Okay' date=' err, so NOTHING! :rolleyes:

HELLLLOOOOOO PEOPLE! :confused:

So for the complete non-response (Craig excepted) I'm guessing you all just want to be told how it is going to be and we'll just take it from there. Right? RIGHT?!

Okay, if that's how you want it...

There is one question you have to answer though to get this thing going. Craig has expressed a preference to keep the challenge JUST in 7046, not to have it played across whatever set-up works.

While I like the idea of meta-gaming and all the possibilities that playing football in multiple dimensions allows, it does make things rather complicated, and let's face it, keeping track of all the formations is going to be complicated enough.

Maybe let's not run before we walk hey? What do you say that we do it just through 7046? (and I'll try and run with the multi-dimensional footie idea elsewhere).

So, PLEASE! Speak up, so we can get this thing going. [b']The question to all of you is: Are you okay to run the Formation Challenge just through EC7046?[/b] Yes or No? Thank you please.

Calm down Jooles :P Yes I agree with keeping it in 7046, far more organised that way then :)

Okay, I hadn't forgotten about this, I was just waiting to hear what people's feedback was (not a lot!).

So the consensus seems to be to keep things simple and run it all through friendlies in 7046 so let's do that (as you may have seen I did the Forum Cup as a multi-dimensional spin-off so that's both bases covered :D).

I'm also getting the feeling that people don't really care to discuss this but rather just want to be told how it is so as soon as I get a chance I'll do the following:

- put up a fixture list for each team (it doesn't have to be a rigid thing but more of a guide, people can play catch up if they miss games for one reason or another - it happens in real life all the time. Well, if you're Man Utd...)

- show you how we're going to track the formations used (I'm going to tweak what I have before and set up a traffic-light system: green = formation available (for start or mid-game switch), orange = used at start up but has yet to be used as switch, yellow = used as switch during game but never at start-up, and red = has been used both at start up and as change during game and now off limits)

- will post instructions as to how to report results/formations and update your formation tracker...

***So please, if you no longer want to take part in this, please say so now, before I draw up the fixture list for each team***

(or alternatively confirm by VM that you're still in :))

Actually, here's what I was thinking for the formation tracker. I had to ditch the layout I had below as the code's really complicated to make it look aligned. It was not nice to edit!

Each of you would just copy the this and post it at the bottom of your results posts here to keep yourself and everyone else up-to-date with what you have used/left available:

Jooles' Formation Tracker

3-2-2-2-1

3-3-4

3-4-1-2

3-4-2-1

3-4-3

3-5-2

4-1-3-2

4-2-2-2

4-2-3-1

4-2-4

4-3-1-2

4-3-1-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-3

4-3-3(W)

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

4-4-2(D)

4-5-1

5-2-3

5-3-2

5-3-2(D)

5-3-2(S)

5-4-1

Key: Green = can use at start or as change during game, yellow = can use at start but not as change during game, orange = can't use at start but can use as change during game, red = no longer available at start or during game

(recalling that each formation can be used just once at the start of the game, and can be used just once to switch formations during a game)

So for example, say I play Dom, and I start with 3-2-2-2-1, switching at 60 mins to 5-4-1 and back to 3-2-2-1 after 75 mins, and Dom plays 3-5-2, switching to 4-3-3(W) after 45 mins and 3-3-4 after 75 mins then we would update our trackers to look like this:

Jooles' Formation Tracker

3-2-2-2-1

3-3-4

3-4-1-2

3-4-2-1

3-4-3

3-5-2

4-1-3-2

4-2-2-2

4-2-3-1

4-2-4

4-3-1-2

4-3-1-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-3

4-3-3(W)

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

4-4-2(D)

4-5-1

5-2-3

5-3-2

5-3-2(D)

5-3-2(S)

5-4-1

Dom's Formation Tracker

3-2-2-2-1

3-3-4

3-4-1-2

3-4-2-1

3-4-3

3-5-2

4-1-3-2

4-2-2-2

4-2-3-1

4-2-4

4-3-1-2

4-3-1-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-3

4-3-3(W)

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

4-4-2(D)

4-5-1

5-2-3

5-3-2

5-3-2(D)

5-3-2(S)

5-4-1

Questions? Comments? How'd that work for you? :)

Okay so we're just waiting to here back from Alurcard, Craig, Dom, and Kapitan Kloss...

Thats ok' date=' but i cant make a colorfull font, coz i use my Phone :o

I will post the formation i use in each game ( i never change my formation during the match :)) its okay?[/quote']

But can't you quote the previous formation tracker and just change the words from green to yellow/orange/red to change the colour formatting? :confused:

If not then yeah, you'll have to post what you use each game and maybe mark the ones with 'used' after you've used them? :D