Petition to process fixtures at night.

Re: Petition to process fixtures at night.

i agree with this strongly.

Every night I login it seems that results are being processed.

Saturday' date=' sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday...

friday seems an exception.

I think this should be moved to mid afternoon or night-time.[/quote']

if you look before 8pm then you will be able to access the site ;)

i agree with this strongly.

Every night I login it seems that results are being processed.

Saturday' date=' sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday...

friday seems an exception.

I think this should be moved to mid afternoon or night-time.[/quote']

Well knock me down with a feather,how long have you been playing Soccer Manager ,when have processing fixtures ever been different than 8pm.( BST )

The only thing was in the earlier days they didnt take so long to process ,which with the demand now it has increased, but S/M are rectifying it.

So for the above to happen you must be Login in after the 8pm watershed WHICH IS time of processing .

And Everyone who plays know this ,its no kept secret.

I work 24/7 shifts ,

6AM - 6PM Days (4 on trot) and then turn around after 3 days off to 6PM - 6AM nights.( 4 on trot )

So i cover all the time zones and to me dont see need to change it ,we all know from 8-11pm ( hopefully will soon be earlier ) that you can not access site except for chatroom/forum,so wheres the problem ,

I have 22 teams and like ive said with working times, depending on which shift i am on ,i have to re-just but have never struggled to put my teams in .

So to me happy as it is.

Ok' date=' I think I can speak for many of us, but I think its about time it was suggested to SM that they process fixtures from midnight onwards, to allow use of the site at peak times in the evening.

Agree?[/quote']

How can you say you speak for many of us ,theres been numerous threads on this subject on Forum ,S/M have even put certain times for us to debate if enough interested in changing,but on all the threads raised more are happy as it is,up to now on this thread you have started out of 10 replies only 2 for it so wheres is the many of us you speak for. :)

well I must be one of the very few who work monday to friday' date=' so don't get much time before fixture processing! nice one to all you people on shift work :)[/quote']

The shift hours was an example of how i see what its like around the time zone 24 hours because it affects me at both ends.,yours just one.

As for you work Monday to Friday just shown i do that certain weeks ,6am -6pm ( 12 hours ) Get home for 6.30 PM then match days gives me just over 1 hour to do teams ,but still have never struggled with all the teams i have , if i ever do then its up to me to decide if ive been to greedy and to many teams ,not excpect S/M to change just to suit me.. :)

Some people work nights, as well.

And some people have PC's at work.

Let's see, a 9 to 5 job, with an extra hour to get back home (give or take). That's a good 3-2 hours to sort out teams. It takes me around half an hour for 4 teams at the very most on a busy server. Sometimes it takes me roughly 1 minute per team, depending on the circumstances. And who says you have to do tactics on match day?

I don't think the times should be changed but I would like to see a ''half-time break'' of some sort, allowing us to look at our results done in the older leagues and to make last gasp changes to the upcoming game in the leagues that haven't been processed yet?

Half should be done and allow people to look at their results or as I said beofre make last gasp changes for the upcoming fixtures?

Regards,

kev :)

To be honest (when I worked :D ) it didnt matter to me. We all know, personally, when we have to work and when we have free time. This wouldn't change if the processing times were altered.

I don't see the point in changing it. Everyone knows when it is at the moment, and changing it wont give anyone any more time to set up teams (as Lee suggested - just don't do them last minute).

The half time idea would be nice, but considering how varied processing times can be, I think it would be tough to implement.

most people with 9-5 jobs dont go to work to look at soccermanager. i work flexible hours, but sometimes i wont be home till 6.30 and i can tell you soccermanager is not the first thing i think about looking at when i get home.

Usually by the time ive eaten and sorted stuff out its well past 8pm, and by then the fixtures are being processed.

its not the time for picking teams which bothers me, thats a 5 minute job. But in the evening i dont have any time for scouting or generally checking on the status of the setup im in.

i think the fixtures should be moved to the graveyard shift (after 12am).

Or possibly kickoffs at 4pm, then the fixtures would be done by about 7pm, leaving the rest of the evening free for people to look at the results and stuff.

the current fixture times means that if you dont get on before 8, then you might as well leave it till the next morning.

i think that might be a pipe dream..

I would love that though' date=' I can still remember the times fixtures took 25 minutes to process!!!!![/quote']I have revived the Ask SM thread where Stegore mentioned this, hopefully it will inspire a response as to when times will improve, as I agree (with PotNoodle) this is where the real problem lays.

I think the problem is the amount of time taken to process fixtures' date=' rather than the time when they're processed :D[/quote']

I think that this is really the root cause for why people want to change times,like Socratys correctly pointed out,it used to only take 25 minutes but yes there were far fewer members,and if S/M could get it down to just 1 hour then i think all would be happy as it is now. :)

the amout of time spent on fixtures is driving me mad i get no time to look for players or study other teams if it was 2/3 nights aweek that would be ok but its every night i do work 9-5 and cant get on line untill 8/9 oclock this is a great game but fixture processing is spoling it for me!

Guest john friel

Ok' date=' I think I can speak for many of us, but I think its about time it was suggested to SM that they process fixtures from midnight onwards, to allow use of the site at peak times in the evening.

Agree?[/quote']

:D em yh but no its there site i guess let em run it but yh still :D