SMFA Blocks

SMFA Blocks  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes - far too many fair deals are being blocked unnecessarily.
    • No - the function is needed to stamp out cheats and should remain as it is.
    • Meh - I've not even noticed any difference.

Re: SMFA Blocks

Im a little concerned as ive just agreed a 3-part deal, here's how ive planned it:

Vidal for Westerman

Reinartz and Derdiyok for Llorente

Then Bender for cash.

The ones in red are the players im getting, anyone think it maybe stopped?

Shall we wait a day or 2 before doing the other 2 deals?

Not quite sure as I dont do many deals nowadays :o

Im a little concerned as ive just agreed a 3-part deal' date=' here's how ive planned it:

Vidal for Westerman

Reinartz and Derdiyok for Llorente

Then Bender for cash.

The ones in red are the players im getting, anyone think it maybe stopped?

Shall we wait a day or 2 before doing the other 2 deals?

Not quite sure as I dont do many deals nowadays :o

It could well be stopped as its a deal that favours your side a lot.

This is Ridicules. I'm WC 10000 one in 10 deals between experienced managers is blocked. Why cant SM just go into these forum leagues and monitor them' date=' nobody really cares about customs with 3 people in them, get into the leagues that matter and stop block legit deals:rolleyes:[/quote']

what do you define as a "popular" league.

your idea would be ok, but my league deserves monitoring. so does yours. so does that guys . etc.............

automated system with tickets for the most ridiculous of deals is the only feasible solution.

This is Ridicules. I'm WC 10000 one in 10 deals between experienced managers is blocked. Why cant SM just go into these forum leagues and monitor them' date=' nobody really cares about customs with 3 people in them, get into the leagues that matter and stop block legit deals:rolleyes:[/quote']
Where do you see the word popular in my post? How can you quote me as saying that?

the fact you said " nobody cares" about a custom with 3 people in it. popularity: a large amount of people, or a large number of people enjoying a particular concept.

you used 3 people in a custom as a way of saying, very few people in the setup.

therefore, not many people are in it. therefore not many people care about it. therefore it is " unpopular"

it really is not hard. answer my point instead, how are you going to decide what game world is worthy or not ?

popularity merely replaced your explanation of very few people participating in a game world. thus making it by defintion unpopular.

Guest drseanfitz

Right lads, I'm tired, and I really wanna go bed, but instead I'm stuck clearing up after you two.

any insults, name calling, including the terms clown & idiot or calling someone thick, will be hit with an infraction for EACH post.

The devs have been reading and paying attention to this thread - something that's gonna stop if all this name-calling continues.

Right lads' date=' I'm tired, and I really wanna go bed, but instead I'm stuck clearing up after you two.

any insults, name calling, including the terms clown & idiot or calling someone thick, will be hit with an infraction for EACH post.

The devs have been reading and paying attention to this thread - something that's gonna stop if all this name-calling continues.

yea i see,how much they care,this problem is almost half year old and they didnt do nothing

Stop talking out your rear-end CB. SM have looked into the issue, addressed the issue and will do so again in the near future to further improve the system. Along with that, we have been given very concise information as to how the SMFA works and what it looks for.

Hi Guys' date='

We have noticed this thread but agree with what some senior forumers have said in our defence already.

The system has been made slightly more lenient in recent weeks and we believe it does a very good job of being fair.

The major problems the system has to deal with are

1) As people have said the system is designed to look at deals as set out within the parameters of what you can do in [b']one[/b] deal. However many people seem to have problems when they do so called 'multiple' deals. If a deal cannot be made when constructing the deal then don't try it over 2 or 3 deals as its highly likely not to work.

2) Another problem is that managers start by trying to sell player A for £5m, (blocked), so they try £6m (blocked), £7m, £8m, £9m, £10m, £15m, £20m, £25m etc. This then looks highly suspicious to the system. The system starts to 'think' are these two legitimate managers trying to deal? What real manger swings with such a variation (£5m-£25m)? Any future deals between the two managers are more closely monitored.

3) Another problem is that managers see someone go for £50m (someone mentioned Drogba) and so expect to be able to automatically sell Torres for £71m. Each deal in a Game World is looked at in context of the club's cash balance, the club's squad, the managers involved etc. The buying club may have had £300m in the bank and a really weak squad so had a far bigger limit to buy the player.

4) The game is FREE, and therefore it takes 2 minutes to set up an account and start buying and selling players. The system can't be too lenient or not exist as Game Worlds can be destroyed within days. Similarly new players need to be ale to do deals from the moment they start playing and need to be 'protected' until they get used to the game.

5) Some deals are blocked simply because manager A has been doing so much cheating that they are unofficially banned from dealing with other human managers. If you deal with this manager the deal will just simply be blocked, this has no negative impact on you, but this could be a reason why the deal gets blocked, and you would never know.

However, we are looking at improving the current SMFA as we have identified some improvements.

In the meantime if anyone wants to give the Game World (name/ID) and a deal they believe was unfairly stopped then I will look into the deal and report back. If you are happy for me to reply with all the details publicly let me know or if you want a private response let me know.

Hi Guys' date='

We have noticed this thread but agree with what some senior forumers have said in our defence already.

The system has been made slightly more lenient in recent weeks and we believe it does a very good job of being fair.

The major problems the system has to deal with are

1) As people have said the system is designed to look at deals as set out within the parameters of what you can do in [b']one[/b] deal. However many people seem to have problems when they do so called 'multiple' deals. If a deal cannot be made when constructing the deal then don't try it over 2 or 3 deals as its highly likely not to work.

2) Another problem is that managers start by trying to sell player A for £5m, (blocked), so they try £6m (blocked), £7m, £8m, £9m, £10m, £15m, £20m, £25m etc. This then looks highly suspicious to the system. The system starts to 'think' are these two legitimate managers trying to deal? What real manger swings with such a variation (£5m-£25m)? Any future deals between the two managers are more closely monitored.

3) Another problem is that managers see someone go for £50m (someone mentioned Drogba) and so expect to be able to automatically sell Torres for £71m. Each deal in a Game World is looked at in context of the club's cash balance, the club's squad, the managers involved etc. The buying club may have had £300m in the bank and a really weak squad so had a far bigger limit to buy the player.

4) The game is FREE, and therefore it takes 2 minutes to set up an account and start buying and selling players. The system can't be too lenient or not exist as Game Worlds can be destroyed within days. Similarly new players need to be ale to do deals from the moment they start playing and need to be 'protected' until they get used to the game.

5) Some deals are blocked simply because manager A has been doing so much cheating that they are unofficially banned from dealing with other human managers. If you deal with this manager the deal will just simply be blocked, this has no negative impact on you, but this could be a reason why the deal gets blocked, and you would never know.

However, we are looking at improving the current SMFA as we have identified some improvements.

In the meantime if anyone wants to give the Game World (name/ID) and a deal they believe was unfairly stopped then I will look into the deal and report back. If you are happy for me to reply with all the details publicly let me know or if you want a private response let me know.

I don't mind the system been included on the game and I can see the reasons for the inclusion John,but I think there's several reasons where it falls down.

1.) On several occasions you simply need depth in a deal,say you take over a club with 21 players and have Lionel Messi in your side and decide to sell him,then personally if someone sold him for two or three deals and got three or four 90 players out of it then that's fine IMO,it gives you depth and some quality to move forward and progress.

2.) Having been in this situation myself it it's usually the fact you really want the player in question,I tried to sign Adler for C/V which was around £13 Million in a deal I agreed,and then it constantly got blocked until at £33 Million I had to back out.

3.) If a player like Torres or Drogba got sold for cash I could completely understand why it'd raise suspicions.

4.)Why not increase SMFA detection on newer members then? I've personally been playing the game for four years yet get more deals blocked than someone who would play for four minutes,I think a system where SMFA detection gets decreased as the Rep Level goes up would really be a good addition to the game.

As for protection I thought that was what the increased C/V when the first took over was for?.

5.) I wouldn't mind so much if I knew why my deals was getting blocked,yet the fact the system seem to be completely random is really annoying and I could have deals blocked with some managers who I've never dealt with in the past and yet see two dodgy managers be able to do deals freely.

I just find the system frustrating when *again* a cash only bid is stopped going through by the SMFA when its within the parameters of the the bidding clubs chairman value.

The other day I couldnt buy Iniesta at £99 million, but £95 million was fine. Now someone has bid £41 million for my Song but the SMFA say no. I've offered the player back at a few million lower each time but according to this thread my deals will get looked at more closer if we keep trying to negotioate through the games transfer system. How else are we supposed to negotiate? Even with the translator its not always easy to deal with foreign managers. Im down to £35 million but the other manager may call the deal off because of how drawn out the process is becoming. I dont want to be labelled a cheat because Im the most active manager in the league.

Its just not logical in my eyes. Clearly the chairmans value is a flawed system giving out WRONG figures for transfers because the SMFA say they actually ARENT acceptable. No wonder people cant negotiate part exchange deals - theyre trying to deal within figures that arent acceptable.

Manchester United have made an offer to Arsenal for Bacary SAGNA of £2,950,000 plus Da Silva RAFAEL and Chris SMALLING

The deal involving Manchester United and Arsenal regarding Bacary SAGNA has collapsed as the SMFA has blocked the deal.

Tryed a couple more trys lowering the money and in the end

Manchester United have made an offer to Arsenal to swap Da Silva RAFAEL and Chris SMALLING for Bacary SAGNA

The offer for Bacary SAGNA of Arsenal from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

In all fairness nothing wrong with that deal and how does such a small amount of money make a difference.

I'm playing on a world with my friend and SMFA is blocking almost all of the transfer with my friends...

I want NIESTA' date=' Andrés and i offer B.SCHWEINSTEIGER + A.ROBBEN.

Is a good dealer for him and a good for my since I need the player...[/quote']

If you and your friends ever use the same computer you wont be able to deal with each other unless you own the gameworld and turn off the smfa.

Has anyone else made a thread to try and give custom game world owners the OPTION to turn off the MAXimum chairman bids? They are totally ruining our competitive world where the transfer market is already stagnant and in danger of shutting up completely, cash has no value and big player game world values are much higher than the SM value and the chairmen are stopping clubs making decent worthy bids! For example Leo Messi is ofcourse highly sought after and i would be more than willing to part with my best players to see him at my club, i offer Higuain and Fabregas a deal which is likely too low for him anyway yet will not even be allowed by my chairman.. Surely in a private gameworld this should be optional to remove this very very frustrating feature in an otherwise brilliant game. The game works so well for me because it does not have massive limits like the FM/CM games of old, i mean if i skimped and saved i could in theory bring Ronaldo to Newport Town FC.. yes unrealistic but hellova good fun. Now this feature is getting in the way of that freedom, while i understand its use to stop cheating in a normal gameworld and support it, i would love to see an option to remove it on custom worlds. Again i repeat as on my other thread people seem to misread my post, i am merely suggesting this as an optional removal for custom game worlds only thus allowing big players to be part exchanged for fair and realistic values in highly competitive game worlds.

Has anyone else made a thread to try and give custom game world owners the OPTION to turn off the MAXimum chairman bids? They are totally ruining our competitive world where the transfer market is already stagnant and in danger of shutting up completely' date=' cash has no value and big player game world values are much higher than the SM value and the chairmen are stopping clubs making decent worthy bids! For example Leo Messi is ofcourse highly sought after and i would be more than willing to part with my best players to see him at my club, i offer Higuain and Fabregas a deal which is likely too low for him anyway yet will not even be allowed by my chairman.. [b']Surely in a private gameworld this should be optional to remove this very very frustrating feature in an otherwise brilliant game[/b]. The game works so well for me because it does not have massive limits like the FM/CM games of old, i mean if i skimped and saved i could in theory bring Ronaldo to Newport Town FC.. yes unrealistic but hellova good fun. Now this feature is getting in the way of that freedom, while i understand its use to stop cheating in a normal gameworld and support it, i would love to see an option to remove it on custom worlds. Again i repeat as on my other thread people seem to misread my post, i am merely suggesting this as an optional removal for custom game worlds only thus allowing big players to be part exchanged for fair and realistic values in highly competitive game worlds.

I'm pretty sure you actually can turn the SMFA monitoring off in a custom game world :confused:

i have to say recently ive started to of had enough of this smfa blocking deals for example these are 2 deals i agreed today in which they were blocked

10 mill plus dzeko for torres

9 mill for daniel strurridge

i personally dont feel this is a bad couple of deals but yet they are blocked i even tried to buy torres for minimum fee and still wouldent let me its really starting to stop the enjoyment now

• 2 weeks later...

GC129

Manchester United sold Rio Ferdinand to Inter for £2m + Nigel De Jong.

United then purchased Ranocchia for cash as part of the deal.

the SMFA have investigated and reversed both transfers.

In game name Mike Hoodless. Please can someone look at this. I'm assuming someone reported it as cheating, but I can assure you it's not.

GC129

Manchester United sold Rio Ferdinand to Inter for £2m + Nigel De Jong.

United then purchased Ranocchia for cash as part of the deal.

the SMFA have investigated and reversed both transfers.

In game name Mike Hoodless. Please can someone look at this. I'm assuming someone reported it as cheating' date=' but I can assure you it's not.[/quote']

Wrong place mate, try emailing SM but don't hold out much hope since it seems transfers are rarely reversed once action has been taken. Best bet might be to look at other deals.

OK ive had enuff of this, SM need to change things, in the help section it says that if another manager has had previous problims with his account transfers can be blocked between you and him MY BIG problim with this is that the said managers in my setup can sell to other managers who have had previous actions taken against their accounts but cant sell to me when ive had none and my rep is nearly 300 and ive been in the setup from the start and others managers have been their a matter of days.

im sick of it................. recent;y a team was taken over, the manager sold all the best players 94/95's etc for petty cash to managers with other new accounts but my nearly 300 rep when i wanted to buy one of these players {who was rated 88 not 95} the deal was blocked.

infact the setup in question as this stage ive been blocked doing transfers with about 10 different managers WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

IVE BEEN IN THIS SETUP NEARLY 4 YEARS.

OK ive had enuff of this' date=' SM need to change things, in the help section it says that if another manager has had previous problims with his account transfers can be blocked between you and him MY BIG problim with this is that the said managers in my setup can sell to other managers who have had previous actions taken against their accounts but cant sell to me when ive had none and my rep is nearly 300 and ive been in the setup from the start and others managers have been their a matter of days.

im sick of it................. recent;y a team was taken over, the manager sold all the best players 94/95's etc for petty cash to managers with other new accounts but my nearly 300 rep when i wanted to buy one of these players {who was rated 88 not 95} the deal was blocked.

infact the setup in question as this stage ive been blocked doing transfers with about 10 different managers WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

IVE BEEN IN THIS SETUP NEARLY 4 YEARS.[/quote']

It'll be the length of time you've been in the set-up that's counting against you ridiculously. Do a lot of transfers with the same managers (which is bound to happen in set-ups which hold onto managers) and the SMFA treat you with suspicion :rolleyes: It's stupid that a time scale doesn't seem to be taken into account. If two managers did 9 deals across 3 set-ups within a week then that is suspicious. If two managers do 9 deals in one set-up over three seasons then that's most probably kosher. It's daft that the SMFA lets the former happen (recently in GCs 1, 2 and 3 with a well respected manager) but the latter is punished as Sean will tell you from his experiences in EC106.