SMFA Blocks

SMFA Blocks  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes - far too many fair deals are being blocked unnecessarily.
    • No - the function is needed to stamp out cheats and should remain as it is.
    • Meh - I've not even noticed any difference.

Guest Blitzkrieg

Re: SMFA Blocks

It really is a ridiculous program they have to prevent cheating. after lon negotiations I managed to verbally seal a deal to bring in Messi for my flagship GC team. The price was Nasri + Pedro + De Gea. We never managed to even get the first part done, as the SMFA blocks it. Furthermore, I am now banned to do deals with that manager, meaning I will NEVER get Messi for my beloved team. Is this enjoyment in a "fun" game? SM has become progressively worse over the last 2 years. Yes, they sorted out a lot of in-game problems and layout issues, but the match engine and the anti cheat system is something that will eventually ruin the game. New managers don't find excitement in these conditions, whilst old managers don't want to go because they spend years creating superb teams. However, there will be a breaking point if this stays the same, soon nobody can deal anymore.

How I miss the old days with hidden new players, the old rating changes schedule, and the lack of an all destroying anti cheat system.

PS: Now we even have chairmans who say you can bid max 1M for a player, whilst their chairman wants at least 1.2M. You effectively have NO CHANCE to buy a player, what type of game or player wants that?

For me the really worrying thing is that no one takes any notice, i run a small business and if there was a significant number of people commenting on a REAL issue then i would at least make mention of it. If i did nothing i would be naive to think the customers will simply keep coming back simply because they always have in the past.In SM terms even if nothing is done show support by at least explaining it to us in more detail. That way we can either work around it or create some mechanism to show your innocence and thus allow the deal to go through. I really feel for this guy who's trying to buy Messi its pretty harsh after getting the OK from the selling manager only to be thwarted by a computer program which then bans you indefinitely.

SM must realise that a lot of those people who are complaining here are not new players who have not read the rules but seasoned gold members who support and very much want to continue supporting the game but are finding it hard to stomach as we pay for our teams and memberships only to have a fundamentally flawed system prevent us from actually playing the game as it was intended.

Please wake up SMFA and ACT or at least have the decency of explaining some of the more ludicrous decisions..

Guest Blitzkrieg

Exactly. It's not like my rep is 40. I have a reasonable rep of 254 and was a moderator on this forum and a translator in game, due to which I was in touch with people from the staff regularly.

The only respons I ever got in regards to the SMFA was that they don't communicate about it because it is:

a) highly advanced

B) it cost a lot of time and effort to build the program

c) sm do not want people to know how it works, because people would work around it, and thus making the program not needed

They simply build a very bad program, but as they don't want to give up on it, they don't communicate and hope the voices go away.

Believe me, they are aware of our problems, they just don't want to do anything about it.

I wager 10 bucks on the fact there will be yet ANOTHER layout change before anything significantly betters for us in game!

Guest Blitzkrieg

Perhaps a solution to all this is to allow managers that have been at their respective clubs for a significant time to almost a free reign with their transfers. This is because managers would have shown their dedication to a club and acceptance of SM's rules.

It's a good solution, like many already said here. I don't want to be the guy that brings doom, but don't believe for a micro second that any suggestions on here will be taken in regard by SM when it comes to this issue.

Perhaps a solution to all this is to allow managers that have been at their respective clubs for a significant time to almost a free reign with their transfers. This is because managers would have shown their dedication to a club and acceptance of SM's rules.

I think this is a good idea and has been suggested in the past.

It's a good solution' date=' like many already said here. I don't want to be the guy that brings doom, but don't believe for a micro second that any suggestions on here will be taken in regard by SM when it comes to this issue.[/quote']

That's not true necessarily, they don't have to post to take on board what people have said (although I wish they did).

Guest Blitzkrieg

That's not true necessarily' date=' they don't have to post to take on board what people have said (although I wish they did).[/quote']

True, but that's not what I said. They don't in any way take our advice on board, that I know for sure. The fact they don't respond on any of these board (unless people really start to riot) speaks volumes about how they handle the situation. I didn't make my assumption on their laissez-fair handlings because they don't post here, but because I simply now they don't act towards what this forum wants. For them, they find it okay that people with frustrations can vend here (although not too much so they would harm SM -> infractions on forum), but they start laughing when having to think of the forum as a place where durable game improvements happen. For their part, we are just all little kiddies with little angers over a mere online game, albeit it being theirs.

Again a ridiculous deal blocked, 6th season so not exactly a new manager, finally worked a deal out to bring Iniesta to Notts Forrest and it gets blocked, we have tried a couple different deals but all have been blocked. It is just really frustrating that even after a long negotiation with the HUMAN manager and with both HUMAN managers happy and both have been in set-up for a long time, neither have ever been in any other gameworlds together, neither have ever been banned or had any infractions against them,neither have ever traded in this gameworld prior to this deal and yet it gets blocked immediately with no explanation...this is just rubbish!

I'm considering doing one more season with one team I build up over the last 3 years and then leave the game. The SMFA is far too unfair on blocking some deals. I mean I can go ahaed with like 1 deal in 30. Unbelievable. I will just take the challenge to make my team 1st Division Champions and then quit. This system is killing the enthusiasm of playing this game.

this smfa thing is stupid i feel sorry for the guy who wanted messi i mean this is meant to be a game were we are the managers so we should choose who were willing to sell and what were willing to pay we dont play games like championship manager and they tell us we cant have that player cause the fa wont allow it

like ive said before i agreed to sell sanchez for cavani plus costa plus pedro leon now we coudent get cavani and another player in the deal due to smfa so the guy gave me 12 mill to help with the cost so that got accepted and then i tried to buy costa and leon but it wont allow me can anyone see anything wrong with this deal? this was in a gc

cavani+douglas costa+pedro leon = alexis sanchez and money

ive been playing this game for over 3 years now my rep is 229 and i have to saythis is the first time im starting to get fed up with this game the enjoyment has gone from this game and im really considering just giving up on this game

ive got a friend who plays this game and we have never ever been able to do a transfer deal together or do a loan deal and its frustrating because this is the point of this game to play with your friends and we cant even join the same leagues no more which is fine if you think were cheating then remove 1 of us from the leagues were in but we have never done 1 deal between us and ive never ever been done for cheating or even reported for that matter

My sympathies to you all. Yes I've had some deals blocked in my time but it has always been just cash I missed out on & the other manager more importantly didn't get his man. But years after & someone new takes over & wants to do a deal with me & it gets stopped - how silly that is! The only issue I could see was the original guy lived about a mile away from me & we played poker together at a local football club clubhouse. It was a private gameworld anyway exclusively for players from this free poker league & I got him to join SM. He stayed about a month I think but since then my club & his club (subsequent managers) can't do deals without being blocked!

Once an obvious sincere issue is brought out on this forum - SM should be listening & trying to find an intelligent solution for their customers rather than implementing new "improvements" the majority don't want!

Guest Blitzkrieg

To make it too ridiculous to put in words:

Napoli made a loan offer for my Thiago Alcantara. Thiago is literally (as I counted) my 23st midfielder. There are 22 midfielders better than him in my squad. Safe to say I don't need him.

The new pre-season started today, so no deals done. I have never dealt with this manager.

LOAN OFFER BLOCKED.

Nuff said.

EDIT: Liverpool tried to loan my Pastore and Bale, and it is also blocked. I think I can't deal with anyone anymore, I mean it.

My rear end is sore from all the raping SM puts me through after several years.

Guest Blitzkrieg

And just now a 11M offer for my Schmiedebach (22 87) is blocked as well. Again a manager (Bremen) with which I have NEVER dealt with in my entire SM life.

I don't know it for sure, but I think I'm blocked from doing deals permanently with every single manager in this setup.

No wonder all the big name managers don't play SM anymore nowadays.

Last season i did 110 transfers. 110 went through. I'm sick of reading people moaning about this. This season i made a offer for Iker Casillas . I offered Julio Cesar and Marcelo and suprise suprise, it went through. On the Soccer Manager home page it says there a 414,878 active members yet its the same whiney people moaning all the time , i wonder what percentage of people are complaining about this, I bet its less than 1%.

Last season i did 110 transfers. 110 went through. I'm sick of reading people moaning about this. This season i made a offer for Iker Casillas . I offered Julio Cesar and Marcelo and suprise suprise' date=' it went through. On the Soccer Manager home page it says there a 414,878 active members yet its the same whiney people moaning all the time , i wonder what percentage of people are complaining about this, [b']I bet its less than 1%.[/b]

Considerably more widespread than that - happens to me 2/3 out of every 10 agreed p/e deals. I just don't moan about it - not because it's not irritating (it is), but because I don't believe anything will be done about.

i couldnt agree more with you guys SMFA blocked many of my deals what in my opinion is ok deal.For example they blocked may deal in which i change Higuain(94) for Hamsik(91) and Hulk(91).They also blocked my loan deals and i dont know WHY

Reason: May be as simple as before you got the club, your club or theirs had a dodgy transfer which got turned down.

Only problem I've had was when somone in my postcode paid me over the odds for a player & then wanted to do another deal, so knowing they were generous I asked for a large amount & they accepted - SMFA turned it down :( He tried about 6 different bids to get his target off me & ALL were SMFA turned down. So he was fed-up & after a very short stay resigned & never played SM again. I actually knew this guy, I recommended he played SM in a private poker league set-up, when playing poker against him. I know on the face of it It could seem like this was me (which it wasn't!) getting a 2nd club to make money for my main club or in cahoots with him. OK LOOKS DODGY so understand SMFA doing this. BUT ever since then every manager OF THIS CLUB over a couple of years has been unable to trade with me, which is a pain. I repeat there was NEVER anything dodgy in the deals. Anyway long & short of it is I just accept they will have their purchases turned down. I re-iterate there was never any dodgy going ons I was just greedy I suppose & he was naive & left the club too quickly for SMFA's liking. But why subsequent managers suffer is beyond me & so long afterwards. Hope my story helps a bit with your frustrations wondering why these things seem to happen...

I TOTALLY AGREE

This system simply doesn't work. Transfers are blocked too quickly and for no reason.

I missed out on buying Messi, because I sold someone for 15 mil and that transfer went through. I then bid for messi using that money, had it accepted, but at the last minute SMFA reversed the transfer for my play that sold for 15 mil!

Things like that are enough to turn people against SM and it needs to change. If there are cheaters, then don't block transfers, suspend them!

Thanks for OP by the way, raise a valid point.

If you are so sick and tired... ever consider stopping? lol.

I think the % of people getting their deals is far far higher than people getting their dubious transfers reversed. This is a complaint thread so expect similar comments.

I haven't got a transfer reversed yet.

I don't know if there is a better system, but if you have, please share.

If you are so sick and tired... ever consider stopping? lol.

I think the % of people getting their deals is far far higher than people getting their dubious transfers reversed. This is a complaint thread so expect similar comments.

I haven't got a transfer reversed yet.

I don't know if there is a better system' date=' but if you have, please share.[/quote']

My complaint is there is nothing dubious about most deals that get blocked:confused:

I think that's the main gripe mate, yes its frustrating when a deal falls through but one deal in a while, yea we can get over that its only a game. What gets our goat i think is when it happens repeatedly and with no explanation. I see why they don't allow us to see the workings of the system but there should be some explanation, the longer you remain in a gameworld the more deals you seem to get blocked. This should be if anything a total reverse...no?