Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

Respuesta: Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

As you mentioned.. Milan won Calcio 2010-2011 but i dont agree with a 96 for Ibrahimovic. He improved during the last few games but that doesnt takes away all that gray period when he was Torres-like in Barcelona and a little bit better after his transfer to Milan.

After Internazionale' date=' he never played to deserve such a high rating. Do you think his name is sustaining it for such a long period?[/quote']

Gray period on Barcelona? His period was far from gray, average, average-high in any case.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please Read I will do my best to do some rating predictions, but i want to warn you in advance, i am not as expert and accurate as forumers like Phil GT, and i dont know if SM will be again as Harsh

Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II) He is a massive, massive talent and is in my opinion the future of Napoli and the Azzurri. What he lacks in physicality he makes up in sublime technic

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A - Ratings I never said that he's not knowledgeable or that he's wrong' date=' I respect him and we agree on many things..

Re: Respuesta: Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

Get rid of at least Vucinic and Chivu.

Why Vucinic? Done nothing to trigger a drop in his rating' date=' and i don't see him dropping.

Ibra demands the ball on his feet and is not good enough to justify his level of selfishness.

Last season he had 22 gs in 42 apps and 9 assists

This season he has 21 gs in 39 apps and 12 assists

Not as selfish as you make out bud. And all top strikers in the game will choose to shoot than pass, it's just something natural. Dont see how you can say he's not good enough either.

Why Vucinic? Done nothing to trigger a drop in his rating' date=' and i don't see him dropping.

Last season he had 22 gs in 42 apps and [b']9 assists[/b]

Not as selfish as you make out bud. And all top strikers in the game will choose to shoot than pass, it's just something natural. Dont see how you can say he's not good enough either.

in my post before i mentioned he has more assists than rooney this season.

people just repeat what they have heard off others without seeing a player play, or actually knowing what they are talking about.

Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

in my post before i mentioned he has more assists than rooney this season.

people just repeat what they have heard off others without seeing a player play' date=' or actually knowing what they are talking about.[/quote']

Just because he left Barca last season, 'oh he's a blatant flop' bla bla. Their were differences between him and Pep, and that is why he left. He is though a tad too big for his boots, does seem to think he is a better player than he actually is, but is still a great player.

Why Vucinic? Done nothing to trigger a drop in his rating' date=' and i don't see him dropping.[/b']

Gotta disagree on that one. He's been rather awful this season. If he had the same amount of easy chances last season as he did this season, he would have been highest goal scorer without any problem whatsoever.

I'm not against you...gosh. But Germany ALREADY DID pass italy ;)

Stats are stats and therefore Germany goes up' date=' Italy goes down. Once Italy's results go up, you may reclaim your position.

Germany has outperformed italy 4 years in a row. So yes, Germany will be rated higher than italy for several years now, perhaps forever :D. SM will adjust ratings accordingly.

###

PS. Wolfsburg is rubbish and should've gone down. And Germany is greater than Italy now ;). And Hannover, Mainz, and Nurnberg are great now, lol. But Bremen, Schalke, HSV, and Stuttgart are usually the other greater ones.

i know germany surpassed italy already, but what i meant is that Germany will never have, in my opinion, teams as good as the Italian ones, i mean we can say

Bayern < Inter (so far Inter has proved to be better than Bayern when they played against)

Borussia Dortmund < Milan (Borussia is a 1 year wonder, Milan has constantly proven their strenght)

Bayer Leverkusen > Napoli (Bayern got totally outplayed by Villarreal while the yellow submarine merely passed against Napoli)

Nurnberg,Mainz, Hannover > Juventus, Roma, Udinese (you cant really argue with that)

then the various schalke, Bremen Wolfsburg compared to Palermo, Lazio, Genoa

If you were to check the player individually, id say Italy has much greater teams.

The only thing in which germany is much greater than Italy is the determination to do the smaller cups like Europa league aswell, while the Italian Teams just dont care about it, and thats the main reason Germany surpassed us in the fifa rankings.

Why Vucinic? Done nothing to trigger a drop in his rating' date=' and i don't see him dropping.[/b']

You probably didnt see him play since the last changes, he has been awful, totally awful, probably one of the worst strikers ive seen, every ball he touched it automatically turned into a lost ball, if he had succeded in at least just half the occasions he had, Roma right now would be safe in the 4th place with no worries. If we were to count only his performances since the lats changes then he definetly deserves to drop, but the chances that he acutally will drop arent high.

Hey Max,good job,what do you think about Camporese,I see that you wrote that he will stay,and he got nice rise last time,is he good potential,and worth keeping?

And also one more question,what do you think about Papastathopoulos from Milan,how good is he actually. :)

Thanks in advance.

Just because he left Barca last season' date=' 'oh he's a blatant flop' bla bla. Their were differences between him and Pep, and that is why he left. He is though a tad too big for his boots, does seem to think he is a better player than he actually is, but is still a great player.[/quote']

He's not a bad footballer but he wants the entire team play for him. I guess nothing wrong with that per ce (Ronaldo does it and Real actually benefit from it fairly well), but unlike Ronaldo (who'll happily run...because he's actually fast lol), Ibra wants it to his feet, which slows down the entire team's play, which is bad (similar to Berbatov). For top teams (especially playing against other top clubs), this hinders the entire team's play, effectively destroying any chance for a fast counter attack.

I've actually defended Ibra for quite a while now. Just calling it as I see it.

###

As for selfishness, of course Ibra is selfish. Sure, so is Ronaldo but Ronaldo's play can be incorporated better into the entire team's play (although, Messi's play is more ideal). Selfishness isn't always bad, but Ibrahimovic's style combined with his selfishness is a problem.

i know germany surpassed italy already' date=' but what i meant is that Germany will never have, in my opinion, teams as good as the Italian ones, i mean we can say

Bayern < Inter (so far Inter has proved to be better than Bayern when they played against)

Borussia Dortmund < Milan (Borussia is a 1 year wonder, Milan has constantly proven their strenght)

Bayer Leverkusen > Napoli (Bayern got totally outplayed by Villarreal while the yellow submarine merely passed against Napoli)

Nurnberg,Mainz, Hannover > Juventus, Roma, Udinese (you cant really argue with that)

then the various schalke, Bremen Wolfsburg compared to Palermo, Lazio, Genoa

If you were to check the player individually, id say Italy has much greater teams.

The only thing in which germany is much greater than Italy is the determination to do the smaller cups like Europa league aswell, while the Italian Teams just dont care about it, and thats the main reason Germany surpassed us in the fifa rankings.[/quote']

Again, I'm just telling it as it is. As far as SM ratings are concerned, UEFA coefficients are important.

Since Germany has beaten Italy 4 years in a row, they will also reap the benefits of it in terms of SM ratings.

Just consider that when you make your predictions.

He's not a bad footballer but he wants the entire team play for him. I guess nothing wrong with that per ce (Ronaldo does it and Real actually benefit from it fairly well)' date=' but unlike Ronaldo (who'll happily run...because he's actually fast lol), Ibra wants it to his feet, which slows down the entire team's play, which is bad (similar to Berbatov). For top teams (especially playing against other top clubs), this hinders the entire team's play, effectively destroying any chance for a fast counter attack.

I've actually defended Ibra for quite a while now. Just calling it as I see it.

###

[/quote']

Of course he's going to want everyone to play for him, he is the focal point of his side. Part of that is why it never worked out for him at Barca i feel, there you have the likes of Messi, Xavi and co, so he can't really be seen as the focal point there. And neither does Ibra want it in his feet every time, you won't see him backing off an aerial battle.

Only person i've seen slowing Milan's attacks is Seedorf.

As for selfishness' date=' of course Ibra is selfish. Sure, so is Ronaldo but Ronaldo's play can be incorporated better into the entire team's play (although, Messi's play is more ideal). Selfishness isn't always bad, but Ibrahimovic's style combined with his selfishness is a problem.[/quote']

Ronaldo Messi and Ibra, all three are different strikers. Ibra spends most of him time in the oppositions penalty area, his job is to finish the move off, so as you said, he is going to be selfish at times.

Max could you tell me how good Benatia really is? I picked him up a few months back because I heard he'd be rising (what you're predicting now) later on so I though lets see if he can make me some profit and be a decent backup. But is that all or do you think he has the ability to go further and become a 90+ at a bigger club?

Max could you tell me how good Benatia really is? I picked him up a few months back because I heard he'd be rising (what you're predicting now) later on so I though lets see if he can make me some profit and be a decent backup. But is that all or do you think he has the ability to go further and become a 90+ at a bigger club?

Well, Udinese bought him from a team in the french Serie B, and certanly no one was expecting him to be so important for the team, he has done quite well, ofc i cant say he is the next Thiago Silva or so, but his performances has been quite constant, but we have to remember that the whole team was doing very well, he just went with the flow, think he is a good defender that can be 89/90 rated, but i doubt he can reach any higher rating, i doubt he can succeed at some bigger club as there the pressure is much higher than in teams like Udinese which ofc aim to Europe but even if they dont get it, they dont make a scandal about it like the teams like Roma and juventus do.

For example, i rate Zapata as a much better defender than benatia, yet i still think Benatia culd still improve as he showed that he is abit inconsistent, sometimes hes great, sometimes he just disappears when the team isnt doing well.

I would keep him as Udinese will go to europe next season and that means a rise to 89/90 for him if he and udinese repeat this season.