Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2

If I were a Napoli fan' date=' I'd be worried about the psycological aspect: Lavezzi is said to be leaving soon, Mazzarri is not sure about his future, Cavani has been strongly linked to Juventus, Zuniga has been criticized because of his last poor performances.. The situation is not easy to face :rolleyes:

As for the technical aspect, Napoli are a great team, but Juventus have proved to be hungry of trophies and are psychologically favorite IMO :)[/quote']

I'm not worried about those kind of outside distractions myself, those guys are complete professionals and will be focusing on nothing more than tonight's game. Just like Alex and Conte will be putting their respective distractions to the back of their minds for tonight ;)

The only psycholigical advantage you have is that your team is a lot more experienced with countless Scudetti to their names as well as cup final experience. But we have the desire of 22 years without a trophy as motivation as well as the thousands of tifosi Partenopei drowning out your lot in the Stadio Olimpico :P

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please Read I will do my best to do some rating predictions, but i want to warn you in advance, i am not as expert and accurate as forumers like Phil GT, and i dont know if SM will be again as Harsh

Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II) He is a massive, massive talent and is in my opinion the future of Napoli and the Azzurri. What he lacks in physicality he makes up in sublime technic

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A - Ratings I never said that he's not knowledgeable or that he's wrong' date=' I respect him and we agree on many things..

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Serie A - Ratings

I'm not worried about those kind of outside distractions myself' date=' those guys are complete professionals and will be focusing on nothing more than tonight's game. Just like Alex and Conte will be putting their respective distractions to the back of their minds for tonight ;)

The only psycholigical advantage you have is that your team is a lot more experienced with countless Scudetti to their names as well as cup final experience. But we have the desire of 22 years without a trophy as motivation as well as the thousands of tifosi Partenopei drowning out your lot in the Stadio Olimpico :P[/quote']

It will be a nice match, that's sure. I live next to Rome (I'm so sad I didn't manage to buy the tickets :(), so I'll leave those moments with great insensity :D May the best win :P

Lavezzi has always been linked away' date=' unless a solid bid comes in, he won't though.

Cavani's not leaving, and no chance would De Laurentiis sell to Juventus, or any other Italian team.

Even with Zuniga's "poor performances", he's much better than Dossena.[/quote']

This year Lavezzi's situation is different. Here in Italy the main question is not "is he going to leave?", but "where is he going to play?": the fact that he won't play in Napoli next year is said to be sure by all italian press. It's a sad news, as IMO he's the best among the 3 tenors and the one that mostly embodies Napoli spirit, but that's it. You are too confident about Cavani and Lavezzi, I'd be more cautious, as expecially if tonight Napoli don't win, the whole season will be a failure and the best players won't be happy for that :rolleyes: I was born in Naples, so I'd love to see them keeping their competitivity, but it's gonna be a tough summer for Napoli IMO.

As for Dossena, he's surely worse than Zuniga, but he has played amazing matches in Serie A and CL :)

Re: Serie A - Ratings Prediction 2010/2011 (II)

Milan, Juventus and Napoli are some of the top clubs in Italy who have expressed interest in Angelo Ogbonna - who, despite promotion to Serie A wants to leave Turin.

''The coach Giampiero Ventura convinced me to stay this summer. I am a young player and therefore I can not promise to continue this indefinitely, but to stay in Turin and play in Serie A next season will not be a second choice for me, ''says Ogbonna to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Milan' date=' Juventus and Napoli are some of the top clubs in Italy who have expressed interest in Angelo Ogbonna - who, despite promotion to Serie A wants to leave Turin.

''The coach Giampiero Ventura convinced me to stay this summer. I am a young player and therefore I can not promise to continue this indefinitely, but to stay in Turin and play in Serie A next season will not be a second choice for me, ''says Ogbonna to Gazzetta dello Sport.[/quote']

Doesn't want too, but can't promise he won't. Especially if they go down again. I can see him staying for a few seasons if they stay up.

Have question about Nagatomo and Caceres.

2) Between Nagatomo and Caceres,who has the biggest changed to raise next year (or maybe this next review)?

2) Some forumer said that Caceres will lost his Def position and maybe changed into CB/RB or upgrade to more position Def/RM. Is that possible,or can happen?

1) Between Nagatomo and Caceres' date='who has the biggest changed to raise next year (or maybe this next review)?

2) Some forumer said that Caceres will lost his Def position and maybe changed into CB/RB or upgrade to more position Def/RM. Is that possible,or can happen?[/quote']

1) Caceres for me

2) How SM give and take Def position is a bit confusing to be honest. I believe Caceres can and have played anywhere in the defence (unlike Phil Jones never play in LB) and although he played "Maggio role" when Juve play 3 at the back i'm not sure he'll get RM position. If i make a decision, i'll let his position stay just what they are now as Def

2) Between Nagatomo and Caceres' date='who has the biggest changed to raise next year (or maybe this next review)?

2) Some forumer said that Caceres will lost his Def position and maybe changed into CB/RB or upgrade to more position Def/RM. Is that possible,or can happen?[/quote']

Caceres, he's living machine. Tired-less and very versatile player.

He won't lose his DEF position. He can play in any position. Most of the times he play as a RWB in 3-5-2 role. Not sure he'll got positional change to Def/RM.

I have Michael Bradley in a competitive set-up and I don't know a lot about him. His last change was a -1 but I think I remember reading somewhere he was doing well. Does he have a chance of a +1 or is he being linked with any bigger clubs?

He's linked to the bigger clubs in Italy and did very well for Chievo. No doubt he'll rise in the future if he continues the way he is.

I have Michael Bradley in a competitive set-up and I don't know a lot about him. His last change was a -1 but I think I remember reading somewhere he was doing well. Does he have a chance of a +1 or is he being linked with any bigger clubs?

I guess you've read about him in 7046 thread, my post anyway :D

Yeah, he has doing very well with the donkey. And alot of bigger clubs linked to him. His current contract with Chievo will expired on summer 2013, so Chievo only have 2 options for him. 1. Sell him in this mercato or 2. Renew his contract.

Not sure he'll get 89 in Chievo TBH. :o

Seems for this time' date=' Caceres situation will be KIV for me (until there is an official news about him going to Juve and about his positional changed). But if he changed to Def/Wing, he will be the most underated player in sm in therm of versatility.

[b']Btw, between Nagatomo and Caceres,who has the biggest changed to raise next year (or maybe this next review)? <--- this should be on prediction thread. :o

Between them who is the most outstanding player in term of playing at the back (defence).[/b]

(according to WhoScored site, Nagatomo is the most consistence LB player in Serie A this season).

For the next ratings change, assuming there is one, as there was one done in April for Italy, I really think neither will rise. Both are bordering on the edge right now of heading into the 90 ratings, being 89's, which is justifiable. The problem for getting that 90+ is;

For both:

The recent Italian ratings chances were completed in mid-late April, near seasons end, so there not much that can change in the way of ratings now.

Nagatomo:

1) Inter failing to make CL, just in general an abysmal season. It always reflects on a players rating, unless that one player has had an outstanding season, which Nagatomo, Milito and Zanetti did, thus it not hurting there rating for the second change around this season. It did in December though.

2) It's true Nagatomo is good LWB, consistent though? Well that depends on what distinct part of the game we're talking about. Defensively? Attacking?

Offensively he is brilliant, for a team which has lacked so much creativity this year, he has been one of there few options going forward, yes, as a LWB. Defensively he is very poor in my view, he loves to wander into the last third of the park along that left flank, making constant forward runs, looking to cut-in for a shot, or creating a chance with a cross or a quickly squaring that ball in the '18 onto a player like Milito, which again, are things that contribute to his attacking play, yet due to this, he is caught out on numerous occasions, where goals have led to bled on counters along his side. I remember when both Zanetti and Maicon got angry with him because of this.

Caceres:

1) Whilst a successful loan spell, the dream debut start, which left many wondering why Marotta never bought him, you take into account his amounted appearances, being 15 (about 6/7 of them being as subs-on), as he only joined in January, I just don't think that's enough to get him to 90. If he had joined from the summer mercatto, he'd be there.

The future: Nagatomo or Caceres?

Caceres: Based on what I've seen this season Caceres for me ticks all the boxes - so prominent going 2 ways; can attack and defend, he's a goal threat, either with his bizarre shot or from set pieces, can play in multiple spots, great for when switching up formations, is just so versatile, I'd give him the edge as a player.

Now... whether Marotta signs him is another thing. Most have to think he will, it's not as if the €7/8m buy-out is overpricing the player, if anything a bargain, as were he to return to Sevilla, I'm sure they'd ask for a near €10-15m. On that, say Marotta does decide to return the player back, I can't imagine his future at Sevilla would be all that rosy, he'd seek a move, whereby under that situation I don't think I could answer if he could get to 90 for the forthcoming season, would be dependant where he goes. CL with Juve will get him there. There future is bright.

Nagotomo: No CL for Inter, doesn't necessarily means no 90 for Nagatomo, they are in the Europa League after all, could go far. The club has already started spending rather aggressively, buying out Guarin, a deal for Palacio is all but done, needing to be signed off with a medical, a signing I really like. On the face of things, just with the inclusion of Palacio they're already better.

If this side could only add a few defensive-minded signings (supposed to be one the teams in for M'Vila), which would help blend that fine line of balance between attacking and defensive, tactical football, Inter could be on there way for a good season. Many names are being linked with Inter or even in negotiations (think Moratti and Branca have pulled their heads out of there you know what, have stopped playing, Trotters Independent Traders), luckily for Nagatomo I think Strama sees him as past of there future so I don't envision him being replaced, will still remain in the XI.

At this point I'm lending more towards Caceres if I had to pick between both, just a better overall defender. I also think about a player like Armero with regards to Nagatomo and think if he's not 90, how can Nagatomo get there, unless he and Inter have one brilliant season, stunning all.

Sorry for the long reply.

What's the thoughts on Mobido Diakite? Personally I think he nailed on for +1 but just thought I would see others opinions.

Can someone offer an opinion on the above post?

I can honestly say I don't watch Lazio regularly, simply because I cannot stand them, nor care one bit for Reja. All I can lend an opinion to is seeing that he is regular for the biancazzurri, is only rated 87 on SM, who did go +1 in the last changes in April.

If they go an revisit the changes before the start of the season again, or even once the season starts and Lazio are not in a torrid state then I'd say for a side that finished 4th, which usually would have been in CL, there should be a case that he should go up to 88. Thus I agree with you.

1) Caceres for me

2) How SM give and take Def position is a bit confusing to be honest. I believe Caceres can and have played anywhere in the defence (unlike Phil Jones never play in LB) and although he played "Maggio role" when Juve play 3 at the back i'm not sure he'll get RM position. If i make a decision' date=' i'll let his position stay just what they are now as Def[/quote']

Caceres' date=' he's living machine. Tired-less and very versatile player.

He won't lose his DEF position. He can play in any position. Most of the times he play as a RWB in 3-5-2 role. Not sure he'll got positional change to Def/RM.[/quote']

For the next ratings change' date=' assuming there is one, as there was one done in April for Italy, I really think neither will rise. Both are bordering on the edge right now of heading into the 90 ratings, being 89's, which is justifiable. The problem for getting that 90+ is;

[b']For both:[/b]

The recent Italian ratings chances were completed in mid-late April, near seasons end, so there not much that can change in the way of ratings now.

Nagatomo:

1) Inter failing to make CL, just in general an abysmal season. It always reflects on a players rating, unless that one player has had an outstanding season, which Nagatomo, Milito and Zanetti did, thus it not hurting there rating for the second change around this season. It did in December though.

2) It's true Nagatomo is good LWB, consistent though? Well that depends on what distinct part of the game we're talking about. Defensively? Attacking?

Offensively he is brilliant, for a team which has lacked so much creativity this year, he has been one of there few options going forward, yes, as a LWB. Defensively he is very poor in my view, he loves to wander into the last third of the park along that left flank, making constant forward runs, looking to cut-in for a shot, or creating a chance with a cross or a quickly squaring that ball in the '18 onto a player like Milito, which again, are things that contribute to his attacking play, yet due to this, he is caught out on numerous occasions, where goals have led to bled on counters along his side. I remember when both Zanetti and Maicon got angry with him because of this.

Caceres:

1) Whilst a successful loan spell, the dream debut start, which left many wondering why Marotta never bought him, you take into account his amounted appearances, being 15 (about 6/7 of them being as subs-on), as he only joined in January, I just don't think that's enough to get him to 90. If he had joined from the summer mercatto, he'd be there.

The future: Nagatomo or Caceres?

Caceres: Based on what I've seen this season Caceres for me ticks all the boxes - so prominent going 2 ways; can attack and defend, he's a goal threat, either with his bizarre shot or from set pieces, can play in multiple spots, great for when switching up formations, is just so versatile, I'd give him the edge as a player.

Now... whether Marotta signs him is another thing. Most have to think he will, it's not as if the €7/8m buy-out is overpricing the player, if anything a bargain, as were he to return to Sevilla, I'm sure they'd ask for a near €10-15m. On that, say Marotta does decide to return the player back, I can't imagine his future at Sevilla would be all that rosy, he'd seek a move, whereby under that situation I don't think I could answer if he could get to 90 for the forthcoming season, would be dependant where he goes. CL with Juve will get him there. There future is bright.

Nagotomo: No CL for Inter, doesn't necessarily means no 90 for Nagatomo, they are in the Europa League after all, could go far. The club has already started spending rather aggressively, buying out Guarin, a deal for Palacio is all but done, needing to be signed off with a medical, a signing I really like. On the face of things, just with the inclusion of Palacio they're already better.

If this side could only add a few defensive-minded signings (supposed to be one the teams in for M'Vila), which would help blend that fine line of balance between attacking and defensive, tactical football, Inter could be on there way for a good season. Many names are being linked with Inter or even in negotiations (think Moratti and Branca have pulled their heads out of there you know what, have stopped playing, Trotters Independent Traders), luckily for Nagatomo I think Strama sees him as past of there future so I don't envision him being replaced, will still remain in the XI.

At this point I'm lending more towards Caceres if I had to pick between both, just a better overall defender. I also think about a player like Armero with regards to Nagatomo and think if he's not 90, how can Nagatomo get there, unless he and Inter have one brilliant season, stunning all.

Sorry for the long reply.

Thanks guys. What a great response (especially from Kylan). Totally added my view on both player. And how they actually play in their role for respective club.

Will rep once spread. :D