*NEW* Young Argentine Talent

andyowls

ar_1818a.gif

*NEW* Young Argentine Talent

It's back!
that brought you players like Javier Pastore, Nicolas Otamendi, James Rodriguez, Guillermo Burdisso and Mauro Formica, all of whom have since earned big-money moves to Europe, as well as plenty of other money-makers, is returning for a second run. Argentina is renowned as being a hot-bed of footballing talent, with top European clubs often scouring the domestic scene in Argentina for the latest prodigy at a bargain price. Read on to hear about the latest talents coming out of South America's greatest (Spanish-speaking) country.
:)

Re: *NEW* Young Argentine Talent

ANDRADA, Esteban

350x.jpg

Stats:

Name: ANDRADA, Esteban

Club: Lanus

D.O.B.: 26/01/91

Position: GK

Squad Number: 13

SM Rating: 75

Profile:

The goalkeeper position is one that Argentinean’s aren’t exactly famed for. In recent times,
Los Albicelestes
have struggled to pin down a regular number one between the sticks with many names being given the chance to shine, yet flatter to deceive. Names like Juan Pablo Carrizo, Mariano Andujar and Oscar Ustari have been looked at, but not stepped up to the mark. Even current number one Sergio Romero isn’t quite the reassuring character you look for to don the gloves. With so much uncertainty surrounding the position, it’s worth considering whether Esteban Andrada is the answer to Argentina’s long-term problems.

For the mean time, Andrada has the problem of actually figuring on the domestic scene, as he currently sits behind Mauricio Caranta and Augustin Marchesin in the pecking order at Lanus. With Lanus currently experiencing an enjoyable Clausura and Caranta marshalling one of the best defences in the league in 2011, the likelihood is that Andrada won’t be earning his professional debut anytime soon. But he need not worry, as there is a very good chance that he will realise his dream of a move to a European giant before he even steps on the pitch for Lanus.

That is because Spanish superpowers FC Barcelona are currently in negotiations with Lanus to wrap up a 4ME deal to bring the Argentine under-20 ‘keeper over to Spain. Already this year have Dutch side PSV Eindhoven been sniffing around Andrada following his impressive showing at the Sudamericano under-20 Championship in Peru. But it is Barcelona who are favourites to snap up this promising young shot-stopper, with the Catalan giants rumoured to be lining Andrada up as Victor Valdes’ reserve when Jose Manuel Pinto’s contract expires at the end of next season.

350x.jpg

Background:

Andrada was born in the city of Mendoza, which is on the Western side of Argentina in the province of Mendoza. He played for a small lower league side in his early years, San Martin de Mendoza, before Lanus recognised his talent and snapped him up at the age of 16. It wasn’t long before he picked up his nickname of “
El Gato
”, or “the cat”, due to his excellent reflexes in net. Lanus were no doubt impressed by his stature, being a heady 1.93m tall today, and his ability to claim crosses is one of his underlying strengths.

At the age of 18, then under-20 coach Sergio Batista (now senior team coach) selected Andrada to take part in the 2009 under-20 Toulon tournament as Augustin Marchesin’s – his current team mate at Lanus - back-up. Argentina ended up finishing third with Diego Buonanotte starring with four goals to finish as joint-top scorer. While Andrada didn’t manage to get on the pitch in France, the experience stood him in good stead for the Sudamericano under-20 Championships in Peru earlier this year. Argentina as a team struggled to impress here, limping home to a third-place finish once more, missing out on a place at the 2012 Olympic Games. However, Andrada was impressive in goal picking up the Best Goalkeeper award for the tournament, as Argentina achieved the consolation of qualifying for the World under-20 Championships to be held this summer in Colombia. It was here that Andrada managed to impress his potential suitors and earn himself a life-changing move to Europe.

15lu5mzewmrotzuytmsfcm2j201151125241esteban-andrada.jpg

Future:

As I have already discussed, Barcelona’s interest in Andrada is strong and legitimate, and it is widely expected that a transfer shall be concluded in the coming weeks. Obviously, he isn’t going to be forcing Victor Valdes out of the side anytime soon, but he shall no doubt jump straight into competition with goalkeepers of Barcelona’s reserve team that ply their trade in the Segunda of Spain, Barcelona B. If the rumours are true that Barcelona shall let Pinto’s contract run out in 2012 and that they shall give Andrada every opportunity of earning a spot in the first team squad, then we might be seeing him on the turf of the Nou Camp sooner than you think, albeit more than likely in Copa del Rey matches.

Aside from that, the Argentina national team hold Andrada in high regard and expect him to develop into the number one shirt in the future. There’s a long way to go yet for the kid, but he’s made a giant leap forward in a very short space of time and is destined for great things should he continue that curve. Watch this space.

Just subscribing!

Great thread by the way :P

Always impressive Andy' date=' interested too see which players I already have in my River Plate side.

Will keep a close eye on this thread :)

If you want me too delete this post then let me know ;)[/quote']

Cheers, and no worries - I'll be providing hot links to the appropriate posts in the OP, so there's no worry about them getting lost.

Just a quick heads-up that these reports won't be coming out overly regularly - just when I'm in the mood to do a write up like I was this afternoon.

It's back!
that brought you players like Javier Pastore' date=' Nicolas Otamendi, James Rodriguez, Guillermo Burdisso and Mauro Formica, all of whom have since earned big-money moves to Europe, as well as plenty of other money-makers, is returning for a second run. Argentina is renowned as being a hot-bed of footballing talent, with top European clubs often scouring the domestic scene in Argentina for the latest prodigy at a bargain price. Read on to hear about the latest talents coming out of South America's greatest (Spanish-speaking) country.
:)
[/indent']

I like your humble introduction, it reminds me of former times when I used to work for the BILD (newspaper in Germany)
;)

Great writing!

Nice writeup

I was excited to snap him up and searcehd for him with my club america team only to see the worst thing possible. TB Club: Valencia

Will get him for a few other teams though :)

Yeh' date=' I had the same problem as I completely missed his addition to the DB, by which time he was long gone in many set-ups. I never expected his addition mind, since he's never played a senior game! :P:o

I like your humble introduction, it reminds me of former times when I used to work for the BILD (newspaper in Germany) ;)

Great writing!

I'm not sure if you're being sincere or not, calling that opening humble - reading it back, it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet! :D

Anyway, thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. I might try and bash out another report in the next week or so.

I'm not sure if you're being sincere or not, calling that opening humble - reading it back, it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet!

"Humble" was definitely a bit ironic - but that's exactly why I liked it.

And blowing your own trumpet is way better than trying to conduct a whole orchestra (although the people I would like to reach with this metaphor probably won't get it).

So keep up the good work!

CIRIGLIANO, Ezequiel

SS-LAZIO-NEWS-Ezequiel-Cirigliano.jpg

In action for the River senior side.

Stats:

Name: CIRIGLIANO, Ezequiel

Club: River Plate

D.O.B.: 24/01/92

Position: CM/DM

Squad Number: 14

Profile:

In today’s modern game, every successful side has a deep-lying midfielder whose main roles involve breaking up possession and collecting the ball from the defence to start every attack. In recent years, Claude Makelele has been the benchmark to any aspiring defensive midfielder, such is/was his dominance on the football field, while Sergio Busquets and Michael Carrick shall display their abilities for the role in this season’s UEFA Champions League Final.

In Argentina, if a player who plays in this position particularly well, he is hailed a “
pacman
”, due to the way that he churns up possession in midfield like a human version of the 1980’s arcade game that gobbles up those little dots. The ultimate pacman for
Los Albicelestes
today is the current captain, Javier Mascherano. While Mascherano has plenty of gas left in the tank, it’s never too early to look at who might be the man to one day replace him in the national set-up.

Incidentally, that man may come from the same youth ranks that helped develop Mascherano into the player he is today - River Plate. The man who is widely touted as, “
el cinco del futuro
”, or “
the five of the future
”, at River is Ezequiel Cirigliano. Cirigliano has been knocking on the door of the first XI of
Los Millonarios
for a while now and it won’t be long before he gets in and nails down a regular spot, what with the impending retirement of 37-year-old stalwart Matias Almeyda at the end of the year. It remains to be seen whether he shall live up to the hype and earn pacman status, but the early signs are very promising.

1286500900566_f.jpg

Being put through his paces in club training.

Background:

Cirigliano was born and raised in Caseres, a city located in Greater Buenos Aires. He has come through the River Plate youth system and played at various levels for Argentina’s youth teams. In 2009, he was part of the under-17 squad that participated in the Sudamericano although he wasn’t a starter. For the World Cup later that summer, however, Cirigliano was elevated to starter and started all of Argentina’s game bar one that he was suspended for. Unfortunately, Argentina disappointed many by exiting the tournament at the first knockout round by dramatically losing to Colombia. At the under-20 Sudamericano earlier this year, Cirigliano was again part of the Argentina squad that this time finished third, sharing the midfield responsibilities with Bruno Zuculini and Rodrigo Battaglia. He will get his chance on the global stage once more at this summer's Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.

Being a River youth product and similar in style and stature to Javier Mascherano, Cirigliano is drawing obvious comparisons. However, he could do with adding a bit more bulk to his slight frame if he wants to aid his imposition on the football field just like the current National Team captain does. But Cirigliano's strengths include his ability to hold a position right where his side needs him, and getting involved when the time comes. His passing is very good and, in general, his raw attributes to becoming a strong deep-lying midfielder are extremely encouraging.

It was in last year’s Clausura that Cirigliano made his senior debut for River, in a 0-0 draw against Atletico Tucuman. In that game, Cirigliano was 18 at the time, exactly half the age of his partner in central midfield that night, Almeyda. Nevertheless, Cirigliano showed a maturity beyond his years with a highly disciplined performance, although River as a team fell flat in front of goal which has become an all too common occurrence in recent times. That Clausura saw Cirigliano make one more start, although it was far less memorable as River were demolished 5-1 by a ruthless Lanus side.

This year, he has again seen his opportunities restricted as River bide their time before blooding him fully into the starting XI. He did, however, rack up 90 minutes in last night’s draw against San Lorenzo thanks to a suspension to Almeyda, putting in a very accomplished shift in midfield. Cirigliano was disciplined throughout, holding his position with great authority and intelligence – he was regularly in a good position to react to danger. He was also very tidy in possession, rarely losing the ball and sometimes playing a more expansive and risky pass that he pulled off with ease.

116193hp2.jpg

Getting a word of advice from Diego Buonanotte.

Future:

As mentioned earlier, Almeyda’s long and distinguished career is finally due to come to an end at the end of 2011, with him set to have one final short championship in the form of the 2011 Apertura in the hope of going out on a high with one last medal. Once he finally hangs up his boots, Cirigliano is the obvious choice to slot into his place and fill the gaping hole Almeyda shall leave in the side.

However, there is an alternative and it involves Cirigliano departing River, and indeed Argentina, before Almeyda’s day of reckoning becomes apparent. The situation involves Juan Pablo Carrizo, who is currently on loan at River from Lazio and a hugely inspirational player back home in Argentina, being widely considered the best goalkeeper in the league. It is unlikely that River will be able to afford the 6ME fee that the Italian club are demanding to make the move permanent, so there is a possibility that they could use Cirigliano as part of the deal to afford Carrizo.

This seems somewhat unlikely as Cirigliano’s market value could easily exceed that sum within the next year to 18 months. However, Carrizo is such an important player to River that they may bite the bullet and risk losing one of their jewels to get their man. Whatever happens, Cirigliano is certainly in the sights of several European clubs, particularly Italy where Juventus and Fiorentina are rumoured to be keen on the kid. The fact that Cirigliano has an EU passport is an added incentive to those lining him up, so he might be crossing the Atlantic before you know it. Watch this space.

CIRIGLIANO' date=' Ezequiel[/size']

SS-LAZIO-NEWS-Ezequiel-Cirigliano.jpg

In action for the River senior side.

Stats:

Name: CIRIGLIANO, Ezequiel

Club: River Plate

D.O.B.: 24/01/92

Position: CM/DM

Squad Number: 14

Profile:

In today’s modern game, every successful side has a deep-lying midfielder whose main roles involve breaking up possession and collecting the ball from the defence to start every attack. In recent years, Claude Makelele has been the benchmark to any aspiring defensive midfielder, such is/was his dominance on the football field, while Sergio Busquets and Michael Carrick shall display their abilities for the role in this season’s UEFA Champions League Final.

In Argentina, if a player who plays in this position particularly well, he is hailed a “
pacman
”, due to the way that he churns up possession in midfield like a human version of the 1980’s arcade game that gobbles up those little dots. The ultimate pacman for
Los Albicelestes
today is the current captain, Javier Mascherano. While Mascherano has plenty of gas left in the tank, it’s never too early to look at who might be the man to one day replace him in the national set-up.

Incidentally, that man may come from the same youth ranks that helped develop Mascherano into the player he is today - River Plate. The man who is widely touted as, “
el cinco del futuro
”, or “
the five of the future
”, at River is Ezequiel Cirigliano. Cirigliano has been knocking on the door of the first XI of
Los Millonarios
for a while now and it won’t be long before he gets in and nails down a regular spot, what with the impending retirement of 37-year-old stalwart Matias Almeyda at the end of the year. It remains to be seen whether he shall live up to the hype and earn pacman status, but the early signs are very promising.

1286500900566_f.jpg

Being put through his paces in club training.

Background:

Cirigliano was born and raised in Caseres, a city located in Greater Buenos Aires. He has come through the River Plate youth system and played at various levels for Argentina’s youth teams. In 2009, he was part of the under-17 squad that participated in the Sudamericano although he wasn’t a starter. For the World Cup later that summer, however, Cirigliano was elevated to starter and started all of Argentina’s game bar one that he was suspended for. Unfortunately, Argentina disappointed many by exiting the tournament at the first knockout round by dramatically losing to Colombia. At the under-20 Sudamericano earlier this year, Cirigliano was again part of the Argentina squad that this time finished third, sharing the midfield responsibilities with Bruno Zuculini and Rodrigo Battaglia. He will get his chance on the global stage once more at this summer's Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.

Being a River youth product and similar in style and stature to Javier Mascherano, Cirigliano is drawing obvious comparisons. However, he could do with adding a bit more bulk to his slight frame if he wants to aid his imposition on the football field just like the current National Team captain does. But Cirigliano's strengths include his ability to hold a position right where his side needs him, and getting involved when the time comes. His passing is very good and, in general, his raw attributes to becoming a strong deep-lying midfielder are extremely encouraging.

It was in last year’s Clausura that Cirigliano made his senior debut for River, in a 0-0 draw against Atletico Tucuman. In that game, Cirigliano was 18 at the time, exactly half the age of his partner in central midfield that night, Almeyda. Nevertheless, Cirigliano showed a maturity beyond his years with a highly disciplined performance, although River as a team fell flat in front of goal which has become an all too common occurrence in recent times. That Clausura saw Cirigliano make one more start, although it was far less memorable as River were demolished 5-1 by a ruthless Lanus side.

This year, he has again seen his opportunities restricted as River bide their time before blooding him fully into the starting XI. He did, however, rack up 90 minutes in last night’s draw against San Lorenzo thanks to a suspension to Almeyda, putting in a very accomplished shift in midfield. Cirigliano was disciplined throughout, holding his position with great authority and intelligence – he was regularly in a good position to react to danger. He was also very tidy in possession, rarely losing the ball and sometimes playing a more expansive and risky pass that he pulled off with ease.

116193hp2.jpg

Getting a word of advice from Diego Buonanotte.

Future:

As mentioned earlier, Almeyda’s long and distinguished career is finally due to come to an end at the end of 2011, with him set to have one final short championship in the form of the 2011 Apertura in the hope of going out on a high with one last medal. Once he finally hangs up his boots, Cirigliano is the obvious choice to slot into his place and fill the gaping hole Almeyda shall leave in the side.

However, there is an alternative and it involves Cirigliano departing River, and indeed Argentina, before Almeyda’s day of reckoning becomes apparent. The situation involves Juan Pablo Carrizo, who is currently on loan at River from Lazio and a hugely inspirational player back home in Argentina, being widely considered the best goalkeeper in the league. It is unlikely that River will be able to afford the 6ME fee that the Italian club are demanding to make the move permanent, so there is a possibility that they could use Cirigliano as part of the deal to afford Carrizo.

This seems somewhat unlikely as Cirigliano’s market value could easily exceed that sum within the next year to 18 months. However, Carrizo is such an important player to River that they may bite the bullet and risk losing one of their jewels to get their man. Whatever happens, Cirigliano is certainly in the sights of several European clubs, particularly Italy where Juventus and Fiorentina are rumoured to be keen on the kid. The fact that Cirigliano has an EU passport is an added incentive to those lining him up, so he might be crossing the Atlantic before you know it. Watch this space.

nice write up...just to save ppl the trouble, his first name is Adrian in SM

Andy, who in the defense department could get a look in soon at River?

Leandro Gonzalez/German Pezzella/Facundo Quignon?

and are Max Coronel and Gaston Villarreal in the mix?

cheers

Would he be ideal in my line up of goal keepers :

David De Gea

Anders Lindegaard

I'm missing 3rd gk - Should I sign him ?

Depends who else is available. I would imagine there being other players in your set-up who you could sign that are already featuring regularly for their team. Andrada you would have to be patient with.

nice write up...just to save ppl the trouble' date=' his first name is Adrian in SM

Andy, who in the defense department could get a look in soon at River?

Leandro Gonzalez/German Pezzella/Facundo Quignon?

and are Max Coronel and Gaston Villarreal in the mix?

cheers[/quote']

That's true, sorry about that. I think Adrian is his middle name, although don't quote me on that.

Leandro Gonzalez is the highest in the pecking order of those three players you mentioned - he started against San Lorenzo last night as well and is on my to-do list.

Coronel rarely features these days, even on the bench. Villarreal won't be knocking Ferrari out of the first XI any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick word that it has been reported in Argentina that Esteban Andrada's transfer to Barcelona is all but completed. Andrada himself said:

"Mi representante dijo que se va a cerrar mi pase. Uno nunca imagina que el mejor equipo del mundo se puede fijar en vos. Hace tres meses el Barsa se interesó por mí. Es un orgullo"

Roughly translated as:

"My agent has said he will close the deal. You can never imagine the best team in the world being fixed on you. Three months ago, Barcelona were interested in me. It is an honour."

The formalities should be completed in the next week or two, at which point Esteban Andrada will be a Barcelona player. :)

Got a couple of reports in the making, will try and push one out at the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thread mate ! When ANDRADA' date=' Esteban moves to barca how much would his rating change ? Also is he a must buy or have you got more GK talents waiting to be written up ? Also a sugestion who could do next : RODRIGUEZ, Patricio ![/quote']

Andrada's transfer to Barcelona has broken down, unfortunately. He will likely be one of the two 'keepers for Lanus next season, with Caranta or Marchesin set to depart.

I've already done a report on Patito a long time ago:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=56210&highlight=rodriguez

Probably a bit out of date now though, considering I wrote it 18 months ago. Besides, Patito is very well known now - this thread is more about unknown talents.

• 2 months later...

Apologies for abandoning this thread in the past couple of months - time hasn't been on my side lately. I will try to write up another report in the next couple of weeks if I can.

But my reason for posting is that it seems the Andrada to Barcelona deal isn't as dead as I first thought. He gave a lengthy interview with FIFA.com a couple of weeks ago while he was with the Argentina under-20's in Colombia for the World Cup. This article has lots of interesting quotes included, so it's worth a read if you want to know a bit more about the kid:

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news/newsid=1486544/

At the under-20 World Cup, Andrada again performed well conceding just one goal in the entire tournament before Argentina were knocked out by Portugal in the Quarter-Finals. Even then, it took penalties for the Portuguese to beat Andrada following a 0-0 draw after extra-time, with the Lanus 'keeper saving two spot-kicks. Indeed, the only goal Andrada conceded in normal time was another penalty against Egypt in first knockout round.

Furthermore, he has now received a shock call-up to the senior national side after new coach Alejandro Sabella announced his first squad since taking over from Sergio Batista after Argentina's dismal performance in the Copa America. Naturally, he will likely be behind the more experienced duo of Sergio Romero and Mariano Andujar in the pecking order, but it goes to show just how much of an impression he made in Colombia. Given that neither are particularly well received on the global stage, is it too hard to imagine Andrada surpassing them in the next few years?