SoccerManager Changes

I started to play soccermanager hmm!! about 5-7 yrs ago

something like that.

i now started and completed my first season with man u.

im now in the smfa super cup only to get a massage

Only Gold Managers can manage their team in the SMFA competitions.

Your team and tactics will be selected by your assistant manager for this fixture.

For further details please visit the Online Help.

SM was about fun and excitment, now i feel its about making money,

i used to come on SM to search every game to find a good team,

now low lifes and kids can just come on and search for a good team,

from yrs ago SM was probs the best online managment game out,

but the improvments in my opinion has made the game worse:mad:

but all my friends play SM and in my league which makes it abit more excitment:rolleyes:

Re: SoccerManager Has been ruined

something like that.

im now in the smfa super cup only to get a massage

Only Gold Managers can manage their team in the SMFA competitions.

Your team and tactics will be selected by your assistant manager for this fixture.

For further details please visit the Online Help.

SM was about fun and excitment' date=' now i feel its about making money,

now low lifes and kids can just come on and search for a good team,

from yrs ago SM was probs the best online managment game out,

but the improvments in my opinion has made the game worse:mad:

but all my friends play SM and in my league which makes it abit more excitment:rolleyes:[/quote']

Cmon a bit bit unfair mate. I am also a non gold user and while SM do benefit from increased traffic-the gold manager concept is important (and relatively cheap) to keep the game world running. It is abit much to expect us to enjoy all the facets of the game as free users compared with players willing to pay for the managing more teams and in Gold competitions.

Also this is a business enterprise and advertisements of their products are well within their rights. Hope you continue to enjoy playing the game bud!

Cmon a bit bit unfair mate. I am also a non gold user and while SM do benefit from increased traffic-the gold manager concept is important (and relatively cheap) to keep the game world running. It is abit much to expect us to enjoy all the facets of the game as free users compared with players willing to pay for the managing more teams and in Gold competitions.

Also this is a business enterprise and advertisements of their products are well within their rights. Hope you continue to enjoy playing the game bud!

i know what ya saying matey but come on.. cup game and i cant manage my team :(

This is a ridiculous thread! To make a post like this is very bitter and a bit pathetic really. The cup game does not affect your team whatsoever so being able to manage it or not makes no difference. SMFA Cups have always been only available to gold managers every since they were first introduced in Gold championship 1 in 2006ish, why would or should that change and in what way has that possibly ruined the game?

If it wasn't for the people continuing to pay for the gold memberships for the last 6 years then you wouldn't be able to play SM at all as it would be impossible to sustain a free game! You should be thanking the gold members not criticising!

i thought soccermanager came about in 2006...

It was good back then but has generally improved a hell of a lot. I like the little things.

The only thing I dont like is how many GC's there and how people reserve clubs because now I know I will never get a good team, like I did in the early ones, maybe hours after creation and it was free.

i thought soccermanager came about in 2006...

It was good back then but has generally improved a hell of a lot. I like the little things.

The only thing I dont like is how many GC's there and how people reserve clubs because now I know I will never get a good team' date=' like I did in the early ones, maybe hours after creation and it was free.[/quote']

It actually started about October 2005 Tony, but I am not aware of anyone other than the devs that have a join date before January 2006. I know there was not too many on when I joined in March 2006.:eek::rolleyes:

It actually started about October 2005 Tony' date=' but I am not aware of anyone other than the devs that have a join date before January 2006. I know there was not too many on when I joined in March 2006.:eek::rolleyes:[/quote']

I remember there being around 20 people online at times.(early morn) :D

SM are quite right to do this.

makes me want to go gold when i get my own source of income :D

its a business, a good game if you dont like it leave.

this has been debated so many times its ridiculous.

as long as no advantages in the game engine or player concerns etc come into this im for SM.

something like that.5-7 years' date=' hmm bit vague[/color']

im now in the smfa super cup only to get a massage To be in the super cup you'd have had to have won either the SMFA Cup or Shield. So you went through a whole campaign without noticing that you couldn't manage your team?

SM was about fun and excitment, now i feel its about making money,

now low lifes and kids can just come on and search for a good team,Who are you to judge the people that play this game? Why should you be the only one to search for a good team?

The fact that you had the temerity to make this thread at all is truly mind-boggling:eek:

It was never brilliant but the first nail in the coffin was 24 hour transfers.

why was that a nail in the coffin?

it allows other people to bid on players........not just make a bid at 2am before i go to sleep and definately get the player i want.

also if it is so bad, why would you still play the game ?

It was never brilliant but the first nail in the coffin was 24 hour transfers.

how wo they done before just out of interest mate?.. :) ..

i recall m&e sports.. some of there rules and this was like years n years ago still out beat sm by a mile..

u could only sign listed players from unmanaged meaning you couldnt go rapeing teams etc..

it was play by mail and the best deal then got him.. u had 2 post turn sheets bi set turn deadline date.. so realisticly they took a week :D .. but much fairer..

was awsome..

back then i was a nipper and 2 get a telephone call thro like this.. mother would answer..

daniel its rodger dempsey manager of eintracht frankfurt or its manager of bronby danny leach :) ..

hahaha quality.. fone bill got sum rite hammer back in them days as that was the best way 2 get players :) ..

i didnt hear about sm until wot 6 month ago.. but do find it quality and much better than M&E sports pure fantasy football which also still runs online but no way competes.. although i do reckon sm is a breakaway from there as its so similar..

M&E was much better turn system as play by mail.. i played M&E for absoloute years..

the 1 thing that spoils sm.. petty cliques and clevering babies.. the actual game play i feel is pritty much bang on up there..

I'm not sure what's more offensive...

Made a game like M&E wot now 10/15 years old still better thought of than here..

they can update and update and update as much as they like but the majority of wots bad about the game is always going to exist.

well i lost the game to liverpool. smalling right back even the i have ramos that can play there. and park winger instead of giggs couple more but im

going just leave it. Soccermanager has now become a business,,

i much prefer the older times on here..

but still its a good game

This is a ridiculous thread! To make a post like this is very bitter and a bit pathetic really. The cup game does not affect your team whatsoever so being able to manage it or not makes no difference. SMFA Cups have always been only available to gold managers every since they were first introduced in Gold championship 1 in 2006ish' date=' why would or should that change and in what way has that possibly ruined the game?

If it wasn't for the people continuing to pay for the gold memberships for the last 6 years then you wouldn't be able to play SM at all as it would be impossible to sustain a free game! You should be thanking the gold members not criticising![/quote']

Well Said Bun...100% agreeance (is that a word?) over here :)

how wo they done before just out of interest mate?.. :) ..

They used to all be done together at a certain time of day, it was meant to be random but 99% of the time they were accepted and completed between 7-8am (think it was that but can't exactly remember)

The way they're done now is far better, custom leagues used to be made at about 5am or something like that, so if you came on early you could get all your targets before anyone else had even taken their team :o Could do that with players who's transfer bans ended that day as well

Don't completely agree with the thread as SM is a good game, but does seem that it is turning a bit into a business. I've seen it before on another great game which was completely ruined because the developers were running it more like a business instead of a game. Hope Soccer Manager realizes this and keeps focusing on keeping the fun in the game instead of running a business.

They used to all be done together at a certain time of day' date=' it was meant to be random but 99% of the time they were accepted and completed between 7-8am (think it was that but can't exactly remember)

The way they're done now is far better, custom leagues used to be made at about 5am or something like that, so if you came on early you could get all your targets before anyone else had even taken their team :o Could do that with players who's transfer bans ended that day as well[/quote']

owch.. doesnt sound 2 cracking the old way.. :) ..

was there any other features that got changed along the way which wo better suited and shouldnt have actually been dropped?.. :) ..

like i said playability really is good but i am new 2 sm.. but do understand these fantasy football games massively.. played loads of dif 1s over the years wen there was no internet access so been about thro the times wen scouting players etc u had to personally post them off with turns 2 try get them on the games i wo playing but times have changed and it is much easier and sm are very on the ball majorly player wise so yea i would say this is the best although like already stated does come with its unfortunate not so nice features :( ..

the transfers process i can handle.. u just imagine there on the plane sort of speak :) .. and the freeness of how some worlds are will be there for easy life playability as not every1 can handle not having the top faces.. got 2 please all to keep involvement on here..

my only issues i have with the game so far are and ive said them all on here b4..

1.. the tactic option can identify wen a player is out of position yet wen a player is injured it cant automatically swap him for your best suited positional player from the bench.. m&e was doing that 10-15 years ago.. but ive heard its on its way to introduction so that will be awsome news for the game play :) ..

2.. i hate how wen u create a gameworld theres no option 2 turn off smfa competitions for first season so they rnt genuinley earned by all teams finishing places who r involved first season ..

3.. hate how week by week keepers are scoreing over head kicks etc.. 1 of reasons i dont bother 2 read match statistics etc.. write ups etc.. as they seem 2 b making less and less sense..

do wish id have come across sm much sooner.. would have been good 2 witness the progression of it from a small scale 2 where it seems 2 b now which is pritty much up there.. i honestly couldnt name u anymore games like this now as im 2 in 2 this 1 2 have bothered 2 look so it must b doing something for me on a personal scale so fair play..