Mehdi Carcela - Knocked Unconscious

Seftinho

Re: Mehdi Carcela - Knocked Unconscious

I really feel for Mavinga. The lads only 19, and he must be devastated with himself with what he's done. It would be an achievement in itself if Mavinga is able to get over it and continue to progress in his career.

It's a horrible incident both players, for Mehdi it's physical scars(don't get me wrong, i feel for Mehdi just as much) and for Mavinga its mental scars.

I do feel for Mavinga, but it's a silly tackle. You don't try and boot the ball when it's up by your opponent's face - that's just plain reckless. Bad decision or rush of blood, I don't know, but it's inexcusable.

I hope Carcela recovers because he has a bright future in the game.

I do feel for Mavinga' date=' but it's a silly tackle. You don't try and boot the ball when it's up by your opponent's face - that's just plain reckless. Bad decision or rush of blood, I don't know, but it's inexcusable.

I hope Carcela recovers because he has a bright future in the game.[/quote']

Fully agree. As stupid as tackle can get. It makes me feel significantly less for Mavinga that after the tackle he played the Van Bommel routine "what, come on, he's bluffing, I didn't do anything" to the ref. Instantly made me think of Van Bommel. Thank goodness at least his team mates reacted immediately and without reservations when they saw what had happened to Carcela.

Hopefully the concussion doesn't leave any major permanent brain damage, but he can come back to play football again instead of learning to walk again. From some report I read that he is talking and has good humour again, that signals, to me at least, that he basically survived this - I guess he would be a bit down if there were serious permanent consequences.

Edit: well, watched it second time and noticed that as soon as Mavinga understood Carcela's state his reaction changed as well. Still, sometimes that "what, me?" just is already unacceptable. This was that kind of case.