Sign in to follow this  
Ste G

The Walking Dead (includes spoilers)

Re: The Walking Dead

I thought last nights episode was very interesting, dunno why some people were dissapointed can't be mass shoot outs or herds of Zombies every episode.

Agree with Max the beauty of The Walking Dead lies in the Charachters, without the Charachters and that bond between the charachter and the viewer no show amounts t anything. The Walking Dead do this in a very clever, subtle way which you see in the development of Charachters like Carl, Michonne and Daryl for example.

Well' date=' there was a masisive build up for Carl and this episode was the breaking point for him, the point where 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger' type of episode.

Unlike many people i've always rooted for Carl, i like the idea of his character, as he is the the one character that has been growing on the show, meaning hes basically the only regular character in the show that grew up in a Zombie infected world.

He only really got a taste of what a normal world is, for the rest he had to adapt, abandoning his 'child' ways and developing a 'man' type of character in order to survive, throughout all the seasons we see him getting always more 'prematurely' mature, having to cope with what the world has become, and seeing the closest to him die.

I mean, just think that he shot his own dead mother in order for her not to transform, this was the choices he had to make at like the age of 11.

So i fully understand, as a viewer, why in season 3 and 4, he was becoming more of a dick that every viewer hated, he started closing up, in the steps of his father, who certanly with his political and leadership skills wasnt helping much.

Spoiler about the ending of the episode

This episode was a breaking point, we saw a Carl who was aware that he grew up from the start of the show, a Carl that thought that he could take on the walkers by himself, without the need of his father, only to understand at the end, when he thought Rick had died and transformed, that he needed Rick, he needed his father and that he still wasnt a man, he still wasnt ready to be alone in that world, and had decided to die rather than to be alone.

I think this episode really took Carl character to the next level as a persona.

I think frm now we wll see a less ' i am a dick' type of Carl, but at the same time Rick will trust him more and will be giving him more responsability.

This episode also showed that michonne isnt a robot, that she also has a soul and hides her pain and sorrow, but it seems she really got attached to carl, maybe even consider him as relative, like a son.

After all, carl was the one that trusted her when he had the choice.

All in all, a great character build episode, i dont really get all the comments i've read arund saying 'boring episode etc'

honestly, what do people expect, all episodes to be brainless attacks from enemies and walkers, like the last 2 from the 1st half of this season?

What makes this show great is the character build up TWD makes out of charaters before eventually killing them off.

Do you think Hershel would have got so many followers if we would have seen him only as a side character everytime, getting 30 seconds of screen time per pisode, or if we didnt know his backstory? Of course not, so is for every other character.

Its the details of a caracter that make him loved and cared for on the show, and for this details to emerge you need character build up episodes to show their stories.

Plus, even in the latest episode, Carl got nearly killed twice and Michonne has gone berserk against a group of walkers... what more do people want...geez

Extremely well put Max & I agree entirely.

Also for the detractors of this episode, I have loved the whole series but this last one well .... I felt I was living their feelings to a whole new level. POSSIBLY the BEST episode yet :):):) Roll on....

Anyone noticed' date=' when michonne crossed the mud with two walkers, the last walker don´t step the mud, "he" actually bring the foot forward. I didn´t know they were that intelligent:). Very amusing.[/quote']

Season one they used bricks to smash windows and I saw a walker lift another one over like a 8ft fence also lol.

I pointed out a while back there is loads of fails but I still enjoy the show.

Daryl travels back in time to save the same kid twice' date=' rick reloads and doesn't shoot a single bullet and Carl throws him another round and he reloads again.

Few other fails I'm sure, the girls Sawn off leg and her body is 20 yards away (Not sure if its a fail or it'll be explained later possibly the governor, Its a clean cut ain't No way a walker did that and No blood trail doesn't make sense as of yet...

Seems to be a lot of fails yet I heard it costs them like 2.8m per episode, still my fav show but i always seem to be coming across poor fails haha.[/quote']

Yeah this :P And.... That's just this season.

This show should go to season 7 max any longer and they will probably ruin it, I hope it's not a happily ever after story either but I've got this stuck in my mind that rick's going to wake up from a coma and it was all a dream!

Guest FallenAngel

Just started watching this tuesday night on sky on-demand. about 3-4 episodes into season 2, just seen the bit where Shane left Otis at the school.

really enjoying it

This show should go to season 7 max any longer and they will probably ruin it' date=' I hope it's not a happily ever after story either but I've got this stuck in my mind that rick's going to wake up from a coma and it was all a dream![/quote']

Bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas:D

Season one they used bricks to smash windows and I saw a walker lift another one over like a 8ft fence also lol.

I pointed out a while back there is loads of fails but I still enjoy the show.

The "Walkers" are taking evening classes obviously. :P

In future episodes we see them pre-show ..... 7:30 Shot Putt Brick Laying & 8:30 Ballroom Dancing.... Ready fit for cross country @ 10pm showtime :)

This show should go to season 7 max any longer and they will probably ruin it' date=' I hope it's not a happily ever after story either but I've got this stuck in my mind that rick's going to wake up from a coma and it was all a dream![/quote']

The show will go for much longer than season 7 i think, mean, the tv show is based on a comic, and as far as i know, since i dont read them, there are at least another 3 or 4 ''saga's'' before the show reaches the comic, and the comic is far from over.

Clearly th show will deviate quite alot the more it goes on, as the time difference will be becoming quite vast, i think that so far, in the comic only 2 years have passed, where as in the tv show, once we reach the current part of the comics, around 6 to 8 years will have passed cronologically, unless the will make Carl stay an 18-19 year old 14 year old, in that case only 3-4 years ill have passed which is still more than the comics.

Anyway, seeing that in the show each saga is given at least 1 season, withe the bigger saga's possibly being divided into 2 seasons.

I think that we could probably reach season 10 with the current content available, if the writers decide to stretch it, plus in these years new content will be written in the comics aswell, and i personally dont know whats Robert kirkman's plan on the story.

I am absolutely against never ending stuff, thats why i dont really get into the comic books world, because the main stories have been going on for 60 years and they dont seem to be wanting to stop or give it an ending, and all the hundreds of spin offs stories just kind of dont inspire me as i dont really consider them 'original'.

A great example is breaking bad, we could all agree that Breaking bad was and is arguably the best tv show ever created, and why's that?

Because it had a story and it had an ending.

It didnt drag like most shows do, it started with an idea, and it stuck with it, 5 seasons of pure entertainment, with not even one episode of meaningless content.

This is why people loved it (aside from the other obvious reasons aka the writing, directing, acting etc), because at the end of the show they got a sense of satisfaction, a sense you get when reading a book, because a book has a start and an end, always.

Do you think breaking bad would have had the same acclaim if it would have dragged onto season 6-7-8-9 cause of the ratings? i Dont think so, just look at Dexter, one of the best shows on tv upto season 4, then they made the mistake breaking bad didnt, and decided to drag the show based on ratings, and since at some point they ran out of ideas, the started recycling their old ones, and the show started collapsing, and the damage and mess the writers had done by season 8, was irreparable. And when you thought that it couldnt get any worse, the writers wrote the stupidest ending ever.

Im all for quality over quantity, and im glad Vince Gilligan has decided to stick to his plan for breaking bad, because im sure there were people from the studio and from the marketing side, that would have gladly seen more seasons of breaking bad, due to its stellar ratings and viewers count, and im sure they talked to him trying to convince him to make more seasons.

So long story short :D

i do hope TWD will have an ending at some point, but until the show follows the comics im happy to get more than 7 seasons, as long as the comic has an ending at some point. Because clearly i wouldnt want a 20 year show where rick gets 50 when in the comics only 3-4 years have passed.

because i do want to know what the ending will be, if it will be an apocalipse for humanity, if there will be a cure to stop peaople transforming once dead, if there will be mass zombie stermination with controlled deaths and a return to a 'fairly' normal life, or a safe place to live for thousands of people etc.

And as a viewer that will be following the show for its whole duration, i think we would all deserve a conclusion to the story.

Maggie or Rosita Espinosa... hmm :P

Thought this most recent episode was very good' date=' one of my faves so far.[/quote']

I literally thought the same, wise minds haha, I'm loving the short shorts but Maggie still has it.

The second half to this series is magnificent!

I literally thought the same' date=' wise minds haha, I'm loving the short shorts but Maggie still has it.

The second half to this series is magnificent![/quote']

Haha, I'm swaying more towards Rosita actually, that figure.. but yeah they're both stunning tbf :P

Really not looking forward to the storyline next week though, I hated the one last week with Carol etc, was kind of boring compared to this storyline with Rick/Glen in it. Next ep looks like it's all close quarters in dark areas with Daryl/Beth... boring ol' Beth eh, wish she'd die already.. haha >.<

^White, may be some spoilers there for somebody that isn't up-to-date.

Think all the episodes since the mid season break have been decent enough there are stories within the main stories all diverse and different in nature but all just as compelling in my view.

DO NOT READ ON IF NOT SEEN EPISODE 11 :)

The continuing developing relationship between Carl and Michonne has been excellent to watch and really seeing the actors showing the very best in showing different facets to themselves.

I already really like Abraham and can see him bringing. Whole new dynamic to the show, gotta love his attitude and his one liners were already extremely promising and he also seemed to actually get Glenn to stop moping around which in itself is some achievement!!

Interesting to see the first mention as to how the apocalypse started etc etc with Eugene the slightly slow looking "scientist" could be we start to learn a lot more of the back story here which would be terrific and so many directions they could take things with this so intriguing if they do go down that route. Something strikes me as dodgy with him though, dunno if it was a deliberate ploy from the writers but something struck me as odd with him.

The best watch on TV for me every week without fail :)

Haha' date=' I'm swaying more towards Rosita actually, that figure.. but yeah they're both stunning tbf :P[/quote']

Careful Ste..the problem with Hispanic women is that once they hit 40 they invariably grow mustaches and huge bottoms...and of course they are all quite clearly insane. And i'm with the Rayster...i don't trust that Eugene bloke one little bit..B)

Careful Ste..the problem with Hispanic women is that once they hit 40 they invariably grow mustaches and huge bottoms...and of course they are all quite clearly insane. And i'm with the Rayster...i don't trust that Eugene bloke one little bit..B)

TBH that sounds exactly like Ste's type. ;)

TBH that sounds exactly like Ste's type. ;)

LOL, eyy shh Ennis :P

@Soccahappy, she can hold my gun if she likes :P

Maxpayne, Funnily enough I've had that Maggie pic as my wallpaper on my phone for a while now.

Another fail this week with daryl killing a guy that's alive later on the episode, Don't think its a sort of flashback either.